PDA

View Full Version : Brake pads

tom97
06-05-2010, 23:45
i have just got hold of some williams callipers, and am wondering which pads would be a good choice in the future. to start with i also bought some new discs to go with them which are vented, grooved and drilled, and atm have bought some Nippon pads to go in them. But, i have heard that 11 44 Mintex fast road and track pads would be a good way to go. i just wondered if anyone else had any other good stuff that they have either used or heard about.
thanks tom.

Wobba
07-05-2010, 09:26
i have just got hold of some williams callipers, and am wondering which pads would be a good choice in the future. to start with i also bought some new discs to go with them which are vented, grooved and drilled, and atm have bought some Nippon pads to go in them. But, i have heard that 11 44 Mintex fast road and track pads would be a good way to go. i just wondered if anyone else had any other good stuff that they have either used or heard about.
thanks tom.

1144's are so far the best pad I have used, but I have heard Carbonne Lorraine are very good also. The Ferodo DS2500's are good too but I think lack a little initial bite.

stevie_b
07-05-2010, 10:21
I no longer have standard calipers on the Clio, so not sure whether they come in Williams standard fitment, but Pagid RS29s are the best pad I have found for track use. I have never had any fade since fitting them to any of my cars (in combination with Castrol SRF fluid).

tom97
07-05-2010, 19:41
out of interest what callipers do you have on your clio at the moment and also what tyres are you running? - i've been told that michelin exaulto II's are the way to go. and also, what about EBC green and red stuff pads? worth a try do you think?
thanks tom.

vkosho
08-05-2010, 00:00
Pe2s are great all round tyres. Alot of people on here use them and rate them highly.

Ebc Greenstuff is also very good all round with the standard setup.