PDA

View Full Version : Manual Mirror Adjuster Setup

Coops
28-04-2010, 18:52
I have messed up the adjuster by dismantling the mirror to change the outside temp sensor, is they a specific sequence to set it up again correctly? do the adjustment cables need to be lined up in a particular order and clamped in a certain place by the clamps inside the mirror housing in order to function correctly?

any advice or experience much appreciated

cheers

Ben

MatBrown
28-04-2010, 22:17
Pictures will help.

Mat.

Coops
28-04-2010, 22:36
its all back in 1 piece atm but i'll dismantle it again soon and show you mate, its a bugger tho, got new sensor in complete with connector undamaged but fubared the glass and the adjuster into the bargain!!!

least the damn temp display is now right and doesnt flash all the friggin time :lol:

2 live
28-04-2010, 23:17
and how many times do u adjust your mirror??

set it.leave as is....job done ;)

Coops
28-04-2010, 23:20
nah its not that thats the issue, its just the stalk inside is at a massively gammy angle, and that i cant stand, my mild OCD wont let me :oops: :lol:

northy
29-04-2010, 10:39
when i stripped them down they were coded to the white disk adjuster.

I rebuilt mine ok though - if you want to bring them over for me to have a look at let me know.

Coops
29-04-2010, 12:01
so follow the colour codes, keep top adjuster cable on top, bottom on bottom etc right through the brackets inside the mirror from white plate to adjuster knob inside?

Wobba
29-04-2010, 12:17
noob error lol :D

northy
29-04-2010, 13:18
as far as i can remember. i did make notes of where mine came from before i stripped it.

Make sure the interior adjuster is tight before trying to work it.

If its wrong you will tell when you move the adjuster as it will be reversed to what the movement should be if you get my meaning?

Wobba
29-04-2010, 13:58
Surprised this has got you bamboozled Ben! Trial and error mate :D

Coops
29-04-2010, 14:46
no it all works correct way, up is up etc, cant do that wrong as the sleeve had a cut out where the adjuster knob sits, so it not possible to sit it wrong. its the cables themselves must be clamped wrong as the knob sits on the piss so very little adjustment one way and loads the other, with mirror straight the knob sits right off to one side

it looks trial and error to me! :lol: