PDA

View Full Version : any integra type r owners?

rob-legend
26-04-2010, 22:06
or people who have owned them? i know these are highly renowed cars, but what are they like day to day? are they as reliable as everyone makes out? whats the mpg like? i'm considering one (dc2) as a daily/main car once ive finished breaking my williams and get rid of my daily hack, any info would be appreciated! :D

schakal
26-04-2010, 22:30
ive not pwned a few if thats what you mean ??
they are gash like my 9 :P

eternalife
13-05-2010, 01:23
I have a DC2, as does bendee...

Perfect as an everyday - does everything a car should without breaking down. Only thing i can honestly say I have had to change that isn't probably routine maintenance, is 1 x front bearing. The previous one lasted 88k miles though. Aside from that I have only needed to carry out general maintenance - no reliability issues. They can rust, but unlike clio's not from the inside out. More comfy than my williams on a day to day basis, and thats considering every suspension component on my williams had been changed. As with anything, buy a good one and you shouldn't have a problem.

Honda parts are pricey but very reliable - Loads of tuning parts available.

MPG, 35-40 on the motorway, 26 around london travelling at peak times and 90% of my journeys in london are less than 10miles - thats with a mixed driving style.

Insurance is more than a Williams.
Driving position is very well set up (no offset steering wheel) and the £1800 a piece recaro's do a good job - low down, legs forward.
Pedals are very well set and give great feel - brake pedal modulation is up there/as good as some serious machinary and unlike many 'new' cars its not servo'd to the moon and back.
Momo steering wheel (on the later spec cars) is an absolutel joy to drive with...
Steering feel, is the best assisted I have ever used, very quick rack also.

A very different way to drive a car - need to work between 6000-9000 to get maximum benefit, but generally speaking anything above 2000rpm keeps you moving along well.

Definitely preferable to a williams for everyday use, only reason i'd buy a Williams again, is to look at and kudos factor (or if rust suddenly became as valuable as gold).

There are a fair few people on the DC2 forum, who previously owned Clio williams's.

oh yeah, LSD - works in snow so you don't get stranded on a mountain over xmas :P

PS: Shackal - I want some of what your taking!! :lol: