PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Williams vs 16v shaft design.....

Evogone
20-04-2010, 12:46
After shearing a 16v (so to fit a Gripper diff) pass side shaft to bits at a rally at the weekend i looked at my old Williams shaft and they are totally different.

16v is a hollow shaft all the way through.

Williams is solid at both ends and sleeved in the middle (look bigger diam) im sure someone can show pics ?

Is this true ? and has anyone sheered a Williams shaft as where mine sheered its solid on the Williams one.

snowman
20-04-2010, 13:02
not sure if he was running williams or valver shafts but Laine16v had an epic fail outside my house

Wobba
20-04-2010, 13:20
On diologys there seem to be several variants. Didn't know the valver ones were hollow...

What are you needing to know for. The Willy item is definitely heavier by a little, obviously it's longer and I think, stronger.

Can get willy one friction welded down by 10mm to sort the Gripper issue.

Evogone
20-04-2010, 13:29
On diologys there seem to be several variants. Didn't know the valver ones were hollow...

What are you needing to know for. The Willy item is definitely heavier by a little, obviously it's longer and I think, stronger.

Thinking the 16v one is just a 1.2 1.4 one........

Having a Willy one shortened at Gripper tomorrow :wink:

Wobba
20-04-2010, 13:40

Thinking the 16v one is just a 1.2 1.4 one........

Having a Willy one shortened at Gripper tomorrow :wink:

Ahh hehe yea cool, they can do that sort of thing really fast. Do me a favour...ask about the Cliosport group buy for diffs. They told me they would DEFINITELY finish them today...they've said that about 4 times now. Some pretty miffed off people, been over three months I've had the cash for it in my account.

Evogone
20-04-2010, 13:42
Will do i know John well.

Wobba
20-04-2010, 14:15
Will do i know John well.

Cheers! He knows me pretty well now after about 50 calls chasing diffs lol.

Didn't speak to John yesterday, was Nigel instead.

Evogone
20-04-2010, 14:29
Does anyone have any pics with both shafts showing the difference ?