PDA

View Full Version : Anyone affected by Volcanic Dust clouds?

Purple
19-04-2010, 05:30
From the news reports we get here, they make it sound like a hollywood disaster movie. I suppose it must be a pain cleaning the car constantly.

kenny
19-04-2010, 09:49
Usual over-statement. If it were not for the news buletins and the stranded holiday takers we most likely wouldn't have noticed. There is a very, very light dusting on the cars, but no more than you would get from driving down a dusty lane in summer. We are not all choking and struggling through dust storms. The weather is bright, sunny and warm, and looks to be staying that way for some time. Not as warm as Singapore
though. :wink:

Coops
19-04-2010, 10:00
pissing down with rain in derbyshire :wink:

not noticed any dust, but i live next to a quarry......its dusty anyway :lol:

going to budapest in just under 2 weeks, best of let flights go again by then :D

Purple
19-04-2010, 12:56
I have a cousin stuck in France trying to get back. Hotel's are loving it with 100% take up. And backpackers are getting even smellier and disheveled :)

IIRC, the last time Mount Pinatubo in Philippines dumped a few years worth of ash in a few weeks; I couldn't see out the car if I don't wipe the windscreen every few days. Didn't stop nor crash a single airplane though.

Wobba
19-04-2010, 14:19
My mate is stuck in Istanbul with the WRC teams, having just watched a bunch of rally's. Lucky bastard, rang me from some hotel bar with a bunch of rally drivers in getting drunk lol.

Wobba
19-04-2010, 14:22
My cousin at the bbc says they had to amend the wording on the news to allow for the thick people that thought it meant the lava was going to fall on them...seriously...they got swamped with panicked calls from the public lol.

These are people allowed to vote by the way and decide your future lol.

Slam
19-04-2010, 17:35
[quote]These are people allowed to vote by the way and decide your future lol.[/quote

Its just... great... aint it :roll:

Red_Dash
24-04-2010, 22:23
Been stuck in Lanzarote for the last week at an all inclusive resort with the hotel et al all paid for by the holiday company. It's been hell :D 8)

Seriously though it's been pretty awfull for some people who have had the worry of paying for extra acommodation and organising flights home.
We're just glad to get home safely but I know of others who have are going to be delayed by weeks before they can get a flight home :shock:

schakal
25-04-2010, 00:08
affected business quite a lot at the airport but its been
picking up for the last couple (happy) dayzz :P

on the other hand i am flying to istanbul on the 5th of may
would not mind getting stuck there if this volcanic ar5e kicks
off again 8) 8)

Wobba
25-04-2010, 10:49
Stevie_B has been stuck in Hong Kong for ages...cant get a flight till 4th May...

stevie_b
30-04-2010, 18:40
I'm back! Managed to get some slightly earlier flights than had first been offered to me, but still delayed nearly two weeks from when we should have been back. I guess I missed some good weather back here too, judging by the state of my lawns, which are now in desperate need of some mowing!

Wobba
30-04-2010, 19:40
I'm back! Managed to get some slightly earlier flights than had first been offered to me, but still delayed nearly two weeks from when we should have been back. I guess I missed some good weather back here too, judging by the state of my lawns, which are now in desperate need of some mowing!

WOOHOO! Now for that pesky diff eh ? ;)

Yes, we had a sudden spate of awesome weather...WISH I had my car back, great driving weather :(