PDA

View Full Version : chip problems

c110mk
18-04-2010, 15:29
hi everyone i need a little help
i've bought a gunner 180 chip and chip carrier and i'm affraid i've knackered my ecu trying to get the old chip off, it already had a f7p coupe chip in and who ever had put it on had siliconed it on to the board.!
When i've soldered the new carrier in and tried it, it won't work and all i'm getting is the fuel pump pulsing when the ignition is on.
i've got a r19 ecu and no you can solder these carriers in and use them on the clio but how do you get round the imobiliser...?
any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks mark... :?

Brealbags
18-04-2010, 15:34
i think its easier to use an ecu with no immobilizer. A replacement phase 1 valver ecu would be the best way imo

Coops
18-04-2010, 21:49
as above mate, get a none immobilised ecu and start from scratch!!

i simply cut the pins on one i did, prised the chip off the board then used a soldering iron and solder sucker to remove the stub of each pin from the boards once chip was gone!

local to me you are as well mate, i'm at cineworld in chessie most weeks watching something with the lass :D

c110mk
18-04-2010, 22:25
thanks for the replies, i've bought a williams 1 ecu with chip carrier already in, thanks for the advice..

coops,
i've seen your car up at lees when it was being painted, that thing looks well, my car was the blue ph1 16v that was parked in there at the same time, i only live in tupton so i'll av to have a blast round 1 night :wink:
mark..

Coops
18-04-2010, 22:32
ah yeah, you have a few don't you mate?

mines back up at LW again, full roll cage going in this time!! then its williams in for rear arches :lol: never stops!!!!

i'll swing by at some point for a spin and a chatter 8)

c110mk
18-04-2010, 22:50
i have a pair mate a ph1 which is my hobby now ha, and my daily runner is a ph2 that i bought broke and put back on the road, lee does some nice work doesn't he. yeah sounds good i'm usually in every saturday tinkerin about, if ur ever passing number 100 station new road tupton i wouldn't mind a close look at your motor :D

Slam
19-04-2010, 19:30
do ph2 valver ecus have and immobiliser? Is that what the little tiny key is for?

Ta

c110mk
19-04-2010, 20:33
yeah they do, good point i never thought of that cheers i'll try it

Slam
19-04-2010, 20:47
i never got round to using it. Mi dads just suggested it could be to turn the alarm off, i've got a toad cat 1 in not too sure if it works lol.