PDA

View Full Version : My new williams, kinda.

stelucas
16-04-2010, 00:17
Hello there. Made a crazy bid on ebay for a 1.8 16v clio with a williams engine mk1 and am now the proud owner of a car.

The car itself is very tatty. But it runs ok, seems to pull well through gears, but the gearbox isn't perfect, on my 4 1/2 hour trip home earlier it jumped out of 5th gear twice! Annoying, i just had to pop it back in but still. Gr.

Not sure if it's a common prob or not...or it's because of the engine transplant a year ago, or its just a gearbox giving up. From what i understand, i could replace it with a few gear boxes. I used to have a 172 but lost my job and this is the best i can do, i'd hate to think i wasted my money. I'll be posting here often hopefully, because my car is a mess. But i already love it. Damn.

Wobba
16-04-2010, 09:20
Hello :) You now own what is commonly known as a Hybrid :)

The gear popping out may not be as terminal as you think, so don't worry!

Just awoken to this wonderful new day, so I can barely think yet. Will post up later on things it could be...or maybe someone else will first :)

stelucas
16-04-2010, 12:37
Ah i thought that might be what a hybrid was but wasn't sure. Cool.

I saw on K-tech's site they have bushes to "stop the notorious gear jump" that might be worth a go. They are 40 pounds. I dunno, but thanks for your reply :)

Coops
16-04-2010, 13:38
popping out of gear can be worn engine mounts mate, most likely the rear lower gearbox mount, known as the dogbone mount' whip it off and fill it with silicone sealant or tiger seal to stiffen it up on the cheap :wink:

stelucas
16-04-2010, 15:54
Thanks for the replies, i would look at doing that but when i went to raise my car i saw what i think is oil. I have a few questions really. But first a little about this car.

I bought it off ebay for 500 quid. It's a 16v with williams engine, it's got a full scorpion exhaust and im told it has been chipped. I bought it yerterday and it has a ton of paper work. It's also been lowered a nice amount. However, a boy racer has had this...put some horrible tint on it (now ripped off) and there is the odd dent not to mention the classic wheel arch rust. I bought this car with the intention of slowly restoring it, but it also being my daily driver (i commute a tiny amount during a day, just a couple of miles) So if the gearbox needs replacing i can walk for a week. But what im worried about is the cost of getting this right. The gears are hard to put in an not only do i have the 5th gear prob, ive now notcied it jumped out of second too. Doesn't matter what speed i'm going. Goes back in fine. Reverse is hard to get and first takes an attempt or two.

I'm worried i've taken on too much. I have an uncle with a garage to help and i know a bit about cars myself, but only about cars in general not this. When a car jumps out of gear its usually the sync or linkage or a small bolt thats come loose, but i can't apply it as well as i know it :)

Anyway, lifted the car and there seems to be oil or something coming from the engine. It's still running fine...the dip stick doesnt show loss of oil. What im really really suprised about is how heavey the steering is, yet i just found a bottle for power steering? I swore it didnt have power steering so maybe thats gone too. It's going to my uncle next week i guess but i'd love to know a bit more about the car before i do. If it's going to be 500 quid to sort i'm not sure it's worth it for a hybrid...i could probably break it and make money couldn't i?

Here are some pics.

MatBrown
16-04-2010, 17:53
That last picture looks like the gearbox has been bodged with crazy putty?

Mat.

Coops
16-04-2010, 18:19
ai, looks to be a bit dodgy on the gearbox! that leak is also gearbox oil, not engine oil looking at where it is

where are you based?

Slam
16-04-2010, 18:22
I used to have a 172 but lost my job and this is the best i can do

I'd have a hybrid over a 172 anyday the sound alone is enough for me :D.
That does look like crazy putty, i use it for stickin on gas meters (not a gasman though no shit please lol).

stelucas
16-04-2010, 19:08
A quick reply while I'm at work. It's a plastic ball shaped object that.I've no idea about. It's hollow an squishy. The black thing u mean? I'm from the north west.

Coops
16-04-2010, 19:13
where abouts north west? just thinking someone could check over the car for you, i'm in warrington all sunday :D

stelucas
16-04-2010, 19:23
I live in warrington lol. That's such a nice offer.

MatBrown
16-04-2010, 20:05
You got the link to the Ebay ad?
Only one i can think of is:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320501769037&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1991-RENAULT-CLIO-1-816V-WILLIAMS-BLUE_W0QQitemZ320512319813QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutom obiles_UK?hash=item4aa005e145

Mat.

MatBrown
16-04-2010, 20:09
But thats was over £600 and doesn't have a williams engine fitted.

Mat.

stelucas
16-04-2010, 20:17
That's the one. I got the second offer for 550 an what do u mean doesn't have the engine fitted?

Wobba
16-04-2010, 20:52
Can anyone tell if that's a willy downpipe or a valver one?

The gearbox casing looks to have been repaired at some stage. See the grey moulded putty looking stuff in your piccy? A big failure could cause the casing to shatter. Odd way of repairing a 'box casing...I'd replace it. It says JC3 on the tag. If it IS a JC3, get it rebuilt if you want and a new casing.

The 'black squishy thing' is simply the rubber gaiter. Under there is a tiny bar and a bolt and the end of the gear linkage.

I wonder if the gears popping out could be a bent selector link? Looking at the 'box I doubt it though :(

Mat: How do you know it's not an F7R?

If Coops pops over he can help you.

Wobba
16-04-2010, 20:54
Hmm, I am no gearbox man, but am I right in thinking this is the housing area for the diff thats looking fubar?

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/files/car1_204.jpg

MatBrown
16-04-2010, 21:06
The blue dot on the dipstick indicates a 1.8 engine, white dot is for a 16v.
Wobba, thats a 16v downpipe, it has two branches, willy is 4-1.

Mat.

stelucas
16-04-2010, 21:11
Woah woah, are you suggesting this is a 1.8 isn't it possible the guy.just used a 16 dip stick? I'm guna be pretty angry if this isn't a Willy engine.

MatBrown
16-04-2010, 21:34
Yes it is possible, but so far i have seen nothing that looks from a williams.

Mat.

stelucas
16-04-2010, 21:37
Give me an idea of what I can look for. Apart from the dipstick.

MatBrown
16-04-2010, 21:40
The manifold is different but we can already see that is a 16v item.
The starter motor should be a small bodied item not a fat 16v one.
By the dipstick tube on the front of the engine there should be an engine ID tag, this should read F7R, but these are also swappable.

Mat.

stelucas
16-04-2010, 22:49
Can't see a tag by the tube. Have to look tomorrow. There bday got to be something else.

zmaster2k
16-04-2010, 23:28
Silver Plaq location to right of dip stick

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/zmaster2k/3f3f74bc.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/zmaster2k/9bd0afca.jpg

F7R 700 is williasm engine
F7R 710/714 is a megane engine
F7P is 1.8

stelucas
16-04-2010, 23:36
Ah right thats a big job to see that plaque.. I don't even know how to get to that. I'd have to remove my fan and radiator? Big job for me.

Thanks for the pictures though. Though i could see it just by opening the engine bay.

zmaster2k
16-04-2010, 23:42
yes you can see it with the rest in place... i was just giving you an idea of placement 8)

stelucas
16-04-2010, 23:54
Is says P. Time to call the police i think.

zmaster2k
17-04-2010, 00:21
gutting..... feel your pain :evil:

stelucas
17-04-2010, 00:23
Can't believe someone would try to con me like this, if it hadn't been for you guys i'd never know. I wouldn't mind but it cost me about 100 just to collect the car :(

Thanks to everyone for their help. Man, i want a williams just so i can stay with this forum. lol.

Wobba
17-04-2010, 00:34
Are you SURE it says 'P'? the R looks similar.

The manifold/dp could just be coz they didnt swap the parts, the dipstick COULD be just swapped from previous valver engine, but tbh I dont see why. Surely they would keep the Willy one if they had it.

What paperwork have you got?

Looks like you may have been had though :(

Let Coops take a look.

Depending on your finances, you could just take the engine out, sell it, get a megane or Willy engine in (and ECU) with box and job done.

On the other hand...valver engines are still nippy little buggers and love the revs...£600/700 isn't bad assuming other stuff is good. You can sort the box quite easy. Is that JC3 tag fake I wonder? Seems to have been deliberately made to look apparent to maybe trick buyers into thinking it's an F7R.

stelucas
17-04-2010, 00:53
Ill have another look 2moro morning but yeh it does appear to be a P, obviously i had a good look. It also looks like the starter motor is pretty big...but i dont know how big that would be and yeh i know 1.8's are nippy, it does have the nice scorpion exhaust etc but it's not what i paid my money for.

I can't swop engine out etc...i'm way more cosmetic based. Like rust and stuff i can deal with but not motors. Bleh, pretty disappointed an have no idea how it will be resolved. Run of bad luck lately.

Andyvalver
17-04-2010, 01:01
Sounds like a 1.8 to me. Go for a drive and you will tell, the 2.0 pulls constant through the range with lots low down and the 1.8 is shit low down and picks up around 4k :)

Slam
17-04-2010, 02:38
damn thats bad luck mate. theres the possibilty the seller was a retard who didnt know if it was a williams or not, or he could just be a connin prick.

MatBrown
17-04-2010, 12:34
Can't believe someone would try to con me like this, if it hadn't been for you guys i'd never know. I wouldn't mind but it cost me about 100 just to collect the car :(

Thanks to everyone for their help. Man, i want a williams just so i can stay with this forum. lol.

There are a lot of sharks out there on ebay, never trust a word anyone says.
And you don't need a williams to stay here, you are more than welcome with a 16v 8), and if you get things sorted out with the cops and seller we can help you look for a proper hybrid.

Mat.

MatBrown
17-04-2010, 12:36
damn thats bad luck mate. theres the possibilty the seller was a retard who didnt know if it was a williams or not, or he could just be a connin Prune.

Conning prune by the looks of the silly putty in the box, bidding up of auctions and not having the engine described.

Mat.

stelucas
17-04-2010, 12:56
"Hi i said its still regestered as a 1.8 but i no for a fact i has got the 2.0 as it use to be my mates car but i think its just got the 1.8 box! ive now sent log book of so im sorry, and i stated sold as seen its not my fault ive only put wot i got told im no macanic!! sorry again adam"

Unlucky for him I studied law. Sold as seen is in no way legal. I have all his details. Police station tonight.

stelucas
17-04-2010, 13:22
He suddenly got in touch when i mentioned the police btw. I wouldn't mind if it was a decent 16v but it seems to be a wreck. The only reason i bought the car was the engine, but i'm not an unfair man. I have given him the chance to pay me half my money back and i'll keep the car, otherwise i'm going to the police station later tonight.

I'm embarrassed this happened to me to be honest. I know my way round eBay, and though i'm only 25 i've had 14 cars and thought i could spot a scammer. At least my embarrassment is entertaining for you guys.

All the best.

stelucas
17-04-2010, 13:24
I also think the title of my post is now rather ironic.

Wobba
17-04-2010, 13:46
I also think the title of my post is now rather ironic.

lol

Well it's not entertaining, it's a ****ign shame, so many scum out there. Honour, trust and respect seem not to exist anymore :(

MatBrown
17-04-2010, 13:46
We're not that heartless to be entertained by someones mis-fortune, well maybe sometimes :wink:
We are here to help.

Mat.

Wobba
17-04-2010, 13:48

There are a lot of sharks out there on ebay, never trust a word anyone says.
And you don't need a williams to stay here, you are more than welcome with a 16v 8), and if you get things sorted out with the cops and seller we can help you look for a proper hybrid.

Mat.

Listen to Mat here, if anyone can help you source a decent one, he can, and he will happily take yours off you as well.

stelucas
17-04-2010, 14:15
Listen to Mat? If i hadn't listened to him i'd still be riding round thinking i'm driving a Williams engine like a moron. Take mine of me to break i presume? I dunno. I bought a 550 quid clio, i can't see me finding anything near that again.

The car is a state, can still see a little liquid under the car even though i moved it, gear problems, power steering feels heavy, oil on a few pipes near the engine. Damn it. I wish i hadn't gone back out to look this morning.
The worst thing is all my stickers arrived today from ebay. lol Nearly set far to the ba***rds. I have a lot of reciepts though...and i believe once upon a time, this car was cared for.

stelucas
17-04-2010, 14:16
Found a recipet for a Chip UNI-A price 225, fitting and remapping total cost 470. So it's actually chipped. Apart from 3 months later i have another replica reciept, but with minus figures next to everything. So it may also have been removed. Fun.

THEN we have a reciept showing the ECU and coil pack had shorted out, so have a bill for replaced ecu and coil pack, cost £720...wonder if he then took the chip back?

Then we have a repaired gearbox reciept, lol! £578. Oh god.

Also have receipts for small services that must total thousands of pounds.

Exhaust £387,75

Got at least ten MOT's.

Suspension has been done, its defo lowered but the recipt says replace sus mounts. Whatever, £150.

Induction kit for 70 quid, look like K an N. then we have a replacment bumper for £220 which could do with replacing again, and it has 4 fog lights, two of which are smashed.

Bet it would have been a good car in it's day.
Shame it isn't now.

stelucas
17-04-2010, 14:45
Worth noting to all the kind people who have offered to visit me, i only have two axel stands and a jack, and i can only pay you in coffee and crisps. Or maybe a soft drink...we'll see how it goes. I have biscuits if you completely fix my car. Lol.

volymmannen
17-04-2010, 14:49
open the Ecu and look what chip you got..

stelucas
17-04-2010, 15:07
Dunno where it is, under the top left flappy thing? Oposite the flat witha fuse box in? Or is it in the car. Hmph.

LEIGH-ANNE
17-04-2010, 16:28
Oh deary me!

What can i say, just read this entire post! I feel for you mate as im sure everyone else whos read this post does.

Keep with it and turn it into a proper project for you to sort over time. Your feel like its all been worth it in the end i promise. So many of us have either bought sheds of cars or just shite parts at least once but life goes on. Get it properly looked over. Concentrate on one thing at a time and it will come together.

I think asking for half your money back is a good offer imo....hope he goes for it! Put it to one side and then decide which ud like to sort first off

Be good if someone could go over and lift hes chin a bit guys....

Post some more pics up and then we can help you choose your next move.

:D

stelucas
17-04-2010, 18:10
"well i dont no nout about the car like i said im not a macanic i only put wot was told, so how can u say this is may fault when i didnt even no my self, im sorry if its a diffrent engine to wot i was told. if u have that much of a problem with the car then sell it!, u can try get nasty about it but like i said i truly didnt no as far as i new it was a 2.0! adam"

Man, not only have i been sold the wrong car, it looks like i'm going to have trouble with the owner aswel. As if i'm being nasty. He sold me the wrong car! Obviously i've done a lot of research into this now. It doesn't matter if he knows or not. He still sold me the car. He has to take it back, and then take action against the person who sold it to him. Hopefully the treat of the police and a criminal record will convince him to re-think he actions. I doubt it though.

stelucas
17-04-2010, 18:11
He told me the engine has 90k on it...surely he made that up. I don't want a car with 135k on it :(

jay s
17-04-2010, 18:32
hmm guys my f7r still has the valver dipstick and f7p tag in place, also had the valver manifold when the conversion was 1st done so maybe he has the same. only way to be 100% sure would be to picture the back of the block under the manifold to see the strengthening veins or lack of them if its a p. couple of pictures knocking around somewhere :D

stelucas
17-04-2010, 18:38
Do they red line at different RPMs? I could try taking it over 6,500 :p

stelucas
17-04-2010, 18:43
Also just paid my subscription fee. Least i could do. Thanks to everyone who is helping me. It means a lot.

MatBrown
17-04-2010, 18:53
Do they red line at different RPMs? I could try taking it over 6,500 :p

Yes but if it's been chipped the limiter will probably have been moved as well.

Mat.

stelucas
17-04-2010, 18:57
Lets find out once and for all, i'll get it up and axel stands before it gets dark and then tell me what pictures i need. I'll check the ECU aswell, pretty sure it's where i think it is.

MatBrown
17-04-2010, 18:59
ECU is under the jack, drivers side of the scuttle panel.
Get Coops to come round and have a look, he's knows his stuff.

Mat.

robi1000
17-04-2010, 19:07
Best way to check if it's F7P or R is to take one spark plug out, stick a screwdirver in and measure the travel while rotating the engine. If it's 93mm its F7R if it's around 83.50mm its F7P.

stelucas
17-04-2010, 20:10
Just had the ecu out...

Standard for a 1.8? Looks it to me! ...it's a J reg by the way.

So the chip has been removed...

I'll kill myself if i stick a screwdriver in the spark plug socket won't i? I think i'll give that a miss, no idea what it means. But thanks for the help.

stelucas
17-04-2010, 20:13
The guy offered me 200 back...i may take it and then sell/break the car.

zmaster2k
17-04-2010, 21:04
dont break her :(

robi1000
17-04-2010, 22:36
You rotate the engine by jacking one side of the car in the air, put it in 5th gear and spin the wheel (by hand). Someone should watch the screwdriver and make a mark on the lowest point, right before it starts coming out again. Then just measure how much it sank.

I hope this was a bit easier to understand.

LEIGH-ANNE
17-04-2010, 22:38
The guy offered me 200 back...i may take it and then sell/break the car.

Take it!!

Wobba
17-04-2010, 22:49
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/files/ecu_742.jpg

Weird. Not seen any ECU's that are not completely square...

The outer casing shows '103' which is a Ph2 Valver designation.

FENIX is the standard ECU name I believe...however the one I have at work stuck to my work PC says FENIX and is a Williams ECU.

The Williams revs to about 6500 RPM (cant remember lol, been so long without shitty limiter!) whilst the valver revs to about 7300rpm.

The bloke may have known it was a valver and said the Willy ECU was chipped (hence the higher than normal limit...but not normal for a valver).

If I were you I'd take his offer, then think hard about what to do next. You have to wait for Coops or someone to have a look though. It could either be too much for you to take on or all fixable with some help. Bare in mind, if you learn to use a spanner and invest in a Haynes manual you will save yourself a lot of money.

Personally, being a bit mad, I'd rebuild it starting with gearbox and basic trim refurbishments and look out for a low mileage Megane F7R bottom end....oh and then you want to convert the whole suspension system as well to Williams spec...

How bad is the body?

Wobba
17-04-2010, 22:54
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/files/ecu_742.jpg

Weird. Not seen any ECU's that are not completely square...

The outer casing shows '103' which is a Ph2 Valver designation.

FENIX is the standard ECU name I believe...however the one I have at work stuck to my work PC says FENIX and is a Williams ECU.

The Williams revs to about 6500 RPM (cant remember lol, been so long without shitty limiter!) whilst the valver revs to about 7300rpm.

The bloke may have known it was a valver and said the Willy ECU was chipped (hence the higher than normal limit...but not normal for a valver).

If I were you I'd take his offer, then think hard about what to do next. You have to wait for Coops or someone to have a look though. It could either be too much for you to take on or all fixable with some help. Bare in mind, if you learn to use a spanner and invest in a Haynes manual you will save yourself a lot of money.

Personally, being a bit mad, I'd rebuild it starting with gearbox and basic trim refurbishments and look out for a low mileage Megane F7R bottom end....oh and then you want to convert the whole suspension system as well to Williams spec...

How bad is the body?

Having double checked, that is an ECU for a Renault Clio 1.8 16v (phase2 body). Confirmed. It's a valver.

stelucas
18-04-2010, 14:22
Well I've no idea what to do next. Really struggling. But I've decided all you guys are so nice, that I expect you all to club together and buy/build me a hybrid. Right?

Getting drunk last night to ease the pain was a bad idea. The body work is pretty crappy. Rust, laquer peel, the odd trolly ding. Engine is ok though but I can see oil and obviously my gear box is dead.

Thank goodness your all clubbing together, your generosity will make the national papers :)

A guy can dream...

Wobba
18-04-2010, 22:27
I'd wait till someone from here comes and takes a look! Drive it normally for now and keep an eye on the gearbox fluid level (white tap looking plug at the front under the car, undo it, dip finger in, fluid should be level with the plug hole).

You can pick up a 2.0L bottom end and gearbox reasonably cheap and get the headgasket, cambelt and waterpump all done at same time to ensure it wont go bang.

Coops
18-04-2010, 23:04
dude, should of pm'd me

i'm back in warrington tomorrow night, give me a txt on 07828088002 and i'll pop over, 2 mins driving the car and i can tell you if its a 2.0 as they drive totally different to the 1.8's!

let me know!

Ben

stelucas
18-04-2010, 23:12
I should have but i was busy being gutted. It's a 1.8! Got the ecu, got the blue stick, got the plaque, got the 2-1 manifold. You are more than welcome to come nosey but it's pretty much definite. I'm at college AND work 2moro but i'll email you some options anyways. Thanks man.

It's just, if it's a 1.8, i'm sure there are better ones out there.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150431627056&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1514wt_1011

For example...just waiting on pics from the guy.

Coops
18-04-2010, 23:20
steer clear of that one as well man, alarm bells ringing on bits of it, for starters 190bhp out of a 1.8 is dreaming

rough idle on cold wont be idle control valve, it'll be CTS or lambda

sounds dodgy is all

stelucas
18-04-2010, 23:22
Hm ok thats interesting...but 190bhp per tonne is diff isnt it? But ok ok i'll stay clear of it, not exatly got the best history for buying these things have i. lol

Coops
18-04-2010, 23:24
i did read that wrong, he's claiming 165bhp, 190 per ton, but its still a bold statement for a standard F7P (137bhp out the factory) with no mods internally :P

stelucas
19-04-2010, 00:37
Just met up with Coops....gotta say, don't like the guy.

Firstly cause he says i have a 1.8 and secondly because he took me for a spin in his williams. How mean.

Haha just kiddin. Top bloke, can't thank him enough.

Turns out, apart from the gearbox, the car isn't too bad. Bit of TLC...might be alright.

Still gotta be a williams for me though...ah well.

northy
19-04-2010, 07:46
i have a valver gearbox if you want one and i am over in wigan. 8)

Sorry to hear about your bad luck

Wobba
19-04-2010, 09:35

Firstly cause he says i have a 1.8 and secondly because he took me for a spin in his williams. How mean.

Haha just kiddin. Top bloke, can't thank him enough.

Turns out, apart from the gearbox, the car isn't too bad. Bit of TLC...might be alright.

Still gotta be a williams for me though...ah well.

Well done Ben! Now to get gearbox swapped on it :)

LEIGH-ANNE
19-04-2010, 09:37

Hes a right loser aint he :roll: :wink:

Coops
19-04-2010, 10:04
:P

nice to meet you ste mate, shame the cars only a 1.8 but it drove nice and with a bit of de chavving could be a decent enough valver, and frankly even for a valver you got it cheap with tax and mot ;-) so not all bad news!

Wobba
19-04-2010, 10:57
Aye, that is cheap for a valver. £200 will easy get you a gearbox and other stuff.

stelucas
19-04-2010, 11:54
Yeh but then I have to fit it :( that will cost me.

I'm sure it will be fine. I'm not too blue now. I'll shove a turbo on it :)

Wobba
19-04-2010, 12:23

There are some bloody quick valver turbo's out there for sure.

May valver, which I bought about 3 years ago, went bang. Loved it when I fixed it though, different character to the Willy but still a right hoot and the massive pops and bangs I got out of that were so funny :D

Was a bit of a mess when I got it but when it left me it wasn't too bad at all :

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/barneywobba/Williams%20217/DSCF00201.jpg

Coops
19-04-2010, 13:11

next time i'm back wazza side in the turbo i'll take you out for some boost mate :wink:

Carole Anne
19-04-2010, 13:16

Hes a right loser aint he :roll: :wink:

+ 1 he's a right plank ;)

Glad you let Coops take a look though and you feel a bit better now.

Sorry about the bad luck but defo stick around here there are a few of us over your way.

Coops
19-04-2010, 13:19
you forget miss CA, i knoweth where your car lieth, and also where be the keys............i feel the need to break a williams coming on :twisted:

Carole Anne
19-04-2010, 13:31
Oi you hands off me Willy!!

Are you going to visit it today? If so give it a kiss from me.

Coops
19-04-2010, 13:46
no not today girl, wednesday eve is pencilled in for laughing at your old bootlid as it rains rust on me :wink:

LEIGH-ANNE
19-04-2010, 15:45
you forget miss CA, i knoweth where your car lieth, and also where be the keys............i feel the need to break a williams coming on :twisted:

U do like pushy ur luck dont ya loser! 2 against one is mighty brave of you! :twisted:

stelucas
19-04-2010, 17:26
May valver, which I bought about 3 years ago, went bang

lol, that doesn't fill me with confidence though.

next time i'm back wazza side in the turbo i'll take you out for some boost mate

Deffo mate, i owe you a coffee anyway... it's a man date.

And actually, just got the £200 from the guy for my valver, so it cost £350 with MOT till december and TAX till aug...that's not bad is it.

An northy is sorting me out with a gearbox as we speak...he's probably just letting the putty dry. Lol. ;)

stelucas
19-04-2010, 17:38
Why doesn't my thing say subscribed member :(

Coops
19-04-2010, 19:54
:lol: wondered why northy was emailing about gearboxes to my work today :lol: :wink: he'll hook you up mate no danger

and £350 for a working, driving valver with tax and mot is a bargain, and its a j plate, with or without a bob on box! :lol:

MatBrown
19-04-2010, 21:06
Why doesn't my thing say subscribed member :(

You need to PM Northy as he does it manually.

Mat.

stelucas
19-04-2010, 22:54
[quote]You need to PM Northy as he does it manually. [/quote

You know what else he does manually? Break gearboxes when removing them! lol... just kidding Northy i really appreciate the effort. Might still be looking for a gearbox though... i'll let you know tomorrow.

Let me explain a little about me, i'm 25 and a bit of a car whore. I used to work in a bank but then got made redundant and im now just a supervisor in NEXT. Ha. Oh well.

But i've owned a civic type r (bread van)
a clio 172 (my best car to date, but i spent a good 4k on it)
leon cupra r running at 275 bhp
Focus RS....

Thats the good ones...

Ive also owned 2 puntos, 106 gti, mgtf (hairdresser phase), resotred a v6 ford probe for fun (no mechanical work), a Neon RT (dad bought it for me to help when i was fired) ...so yeah i only passed my test when i was 18 too!

Sooo i once went to a car show and saw and williams and pretty much fell in love...and since im now poor i hoped to do one up, this hasn't worked out.

I now have the 200 quid back from the guy who mis sold me...and im wondering if its worth repairing this gearbox or just passing it on broken...but being honest. It's all about bhp with me...cause i'm a guy and i'm stupid and as much as i try to be positive about the car i have now...i feel a little bitter, maybe you understand?

I know im not happy with it because im already looking at this..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220591732858&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1024

wondering if i can get it to idle properly...

As you can see guys im pretty confused. Im doing my best to find a car i can love and stick with. Im currently at college trying to get into the IT industry so money isn't flush, and my gf lives in newcastle so i need something semi reliable (i didnt just put reliable because...they are French haha).

So yes....that's how i feel tonight.

Pretty sure what i just wrote is classed as a blog.

stelucas
19-04-2010, 23:44
(dad bought it for me to help when i was fired)

My family always joke i was fired...and now i'm writing it. lol

:(

vkosho
20-04-2010, 00:22
If you fell in love with a williams then keep looking for a good one from the origional 400. A valver is never enough. If you stick around on here you will learn alot about what your looking for.

Saying that though your car will deffinatly be worth having once you sorted the box.

Maybe come FCS too for some inspiration :D

Coops
20-04-2010, 08:41
dude, stop trawling ebay, its bad for you :wink:

look in the classifieds on here and wait for a decent, well loved, and above all not cheap as chips williams to crop up and you wont look back :wink:

stelucas
20-04-2010, 09:23
I can't stop :(

Yeh I might go fcs. Steal me a good Williams.

No good hybrids on here at the mo.

LEIGH-ANNE
20-04-2010, 09:32
...cause i'm a guy and i'm stupid.

DONT worry, ur in the rihgt place :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink:

(love u all realliiii)

What car show did u see a williams at out of intrest?

stelucas
20-04-2010, 09:37
Haha u want to know if its yours don't you ha

It was 5 years ago and in Birmingham. Some chav show, honestly can't remember.

LEIGH-ANNE
20-04-2010, 09:42
Nar thought u might have meant recently in which case how did we not find out about it lol :lol:

stelucas
20-04-2010, 09:51
Nar thought u might have meant recently in which case how did we not find out about it lol

Haha if I start cleaning my valver now I might be able to attend fcs 2018

Wobba
20-04-2010, 12:01
lol, that was a blog, but it's good to know what your situation is.

Get the gearbox sorted, get it reliable. I bought a valver for about £700 a while back and yes it blew up, and I sold it aftre repairing. Learnt loads in the process and didn't actually lose much money as I sold it for about £1000. I looked after the little things as well as the engine etc and it paid off, plus was immense fun!

Got the Williams now. It blew up on me too haha.

Get to FCS. 8 weeks to go! Get the car on the WC stand (we can swap gearbox whilst it's here). You've seen cars like this before but you'll be able to see a lot of cars that should inspire you and a fair few hybrids/Williams that would toast your old Leon ;)

Coops
20-04-2010, 14:37
don't worry Dan, i'll be showing ste what 275bhp in a proper chassis can do soon enough :wink:

stelucas
20-04-2010, 14:47
don't worry Dan, i'll be showing ste what 275bhp in a proper chassis can do soon enough

Haha, apart from the cars i've owned, i've driven a few fast one's.

Another uncle owns a prestigious car company.

I'm still lookin forward to it though.

stelucas
20-04-2010, 14:55
No ' in ones.... as i don't own them. Oops.

An i'm knackered if i know how to spell prestigious. So rather than just google it i will enter it here again.

Slam
20-04-2010, 18:24
^^^ U got it right. 100 muffins to you.
Get a hybrid n gunner180 chip the f***a blow u standard willys away :wink: :wink: . Whos is standard by the way?

LEIGH-ANNE
20-04-2010, 18:28
Get a hybrid n gunner180 chip the f***a blow u standard willys away :wink: :wink: . Whos is standard by the way?

My 2 is standard for the time being :twisted:

Good luck with blowing willys away...

Wobba
20-04-2010, 18:39
Mines standard!!!!

Slam
20-04-2010, 19:00
not blow away as such but wud still give it a good go.

Mines standard!!!!

Love the smell of bullshit in the mornin :)

If i ever got a 1 i'd have to keep it standard. 2's n 3's would get the soopin up.[/quote]

stelucas
20-04-2010, 22:16
I'm not guna be blowin willies for sometime...possibly ever.

Garage 2moro...i'll find out the real verdict. Keeper or not. Eeep.

MatBrown
20-04-2010, 22:34
Nice one here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180496908998&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Mat.

stelucas
20-04-2010, 22:43
Mat thanks, im just looking at that right now...just saw the pics he posted on here too. I'll message him. Not far from where my dad lives so there is a chance.

glyn211269
20-04-2010, 23:32
Get the car on the WC stand (we can swap gearbox whilst it's here).

How are you going to do that?!!!

Wobba
20-04-2010, 23:32
We know whose that is :)

stelucas
21-04-2010, 00:26
Yeh i see he's a member. Nice innit. Might be a bit pricey for me but we will see.

Garage tomorow and i've just sold my other car, so the valver with the putty gearbox is now my daily. Doh!

Wobba
21-04-2010, 00:45
Yeh i see he's a member. Nice innit. Might be a bit pricey for me but we will see.

Garage tomorow and i've just sold my other car, so the valver with the putty gearbox is now my daily. Doh!

Don't worry about it blowing up. If it does at least that way you know what needs fixing :)

To be honest, it's a pretty awesome boast driving about with a gearbox made out of putty haha! Something to tell the kids when there older lol.

stelucas
21-04-2010, 01:04
Yeh i dont think it will bang, cause i drove from hampshire...lol 5 hours. My uncles garage is just 2 miles away :) Hopefully that's the only thing wrong with it...but it wont be :)

stelucas
21-04-2010, 11:46
I have the results.

It's F****d.

Gear box has a clean hole in the bottom, looks fresh might have been on the way home. Might not. The putty, near the diff might actually of been a decent repair job, if it wasn't for the hole next to it, it would be ok. The two front shocks need doing, there might be a slight water leak from somewhere. He did mention a couple of other things but small things like tyres needing replacing etc...

I don't know what to do next, sell it as a whole broken car, or break it and scrap the shell. I've never had to break a car before so i don't know. I just need as much of my money back as possible, the money i spent on the car is just under £400. I'm also now carless :(

Bad times.

stelucas
21-04-2010, 11:48
Wanted 300 just to replace the box...he didnt wanna lower the frame in case of something something snapping, or take the engine out...he was talking about taking it out without either? Sounds odd...this isn't my uncle by way, just one of his mechanics, my uncle was out. Hm.

Coops
21-04-2010, 12:32
gearbox swaps arent cheap

shockers can be had cheap second hand

can all be done yourself with time and patience 8)

stelucas
21-04-2010, 12:41
I need a daily driver...i dont have the option to change the gearbox myself.

Dunc
21-04-2010, 13:27
can have my williams 1 for £2700!

Dunc

stelucas
21-04-2010, 23:48
Bargain! For someone else :)

Dunc
22-04-2010, 08:00
Bargain! For someone else :)

lol :lol:

just read the whole thread and im gutted for u! glad he refunded u £200 thats good going getting that back!

have u decided finally what ur going to do?

if it were me id de-chav any of the bling and crap off it and sell those bits on, then put it back to standard and fix her up while u use it daily!

Dunc

Wobba
22-04-2010, 10:16
The challenge here is convincing Mr Lucas to learn the ways of the spanner and do the work himself :)

Hard if you don't have time/tools/space though...but not impossible!

Wobba
22-04-2010, 11:51
don't worry Dan, i'll be showing ste what 275bhp in a proper chassis can do soon enough :wink:

lol ye :)

I've driven a lot of cars with more power, but they've always been bigger and heavier cars where there is a lot less 'exposure to danger' feeling. that's why I loved my 5 and love my Williams and my two Valvers.

Have to have a look at mine too Ste, if you go to FCS, assuming it's finished by then... :roll:

Clio-Girl
22-04-2010, 11:52
OMG just read through the whole thread and you have had some nasty luck, but dont give up on the poor valver she will be worth it in the end. Ive waited nearly 3yrs to get mine to the driveable state it is now with countless bad luck, but im so glad i didnt sell up and buy an M3 18 months ago!

valvers cant be that bad anyway me and the other half have 4 between us, and we both use standard ones as our dailys always puts a smile on my face on the way to work thats for sure! and they even do the odd trackday when the ITB ones are broken. I did Llandow in my 1.8 a few weeks ago and had a really good day the handling makes up for the lack of engine power all day long :D

moral of my story... dont give up, a williams is obviously better but if your spending within your means a valver is a good comprimise and can be just as much fun!!

stelucas
22-04-2010, 12:29
@ Wobba - I can't bleed brakes, i couldn't really drain engine oil, i don't know what a piston looks like (though im told all mine look like bananas), i can't change a spark plug... what i'm getting at is, changing a gearbox myself, may just be a little ahead of myself. I have just moved here so my garage is full of furniture, i don't own hardly any tools except the torque wrench i bought to get the alloys off and i have a thousand alan keys.

It means a lot of difficult work for me, and means me using the bus, and walking...for a car i resent. If this was an F7R i'd probably put the work in, but as it is, it's going to be a good project itself.

@clio-girl - Yeah i think i read about your naples on the clio16v forum haha...that's ace. Don't get me wrong, i like 16vs....they are really fun to drive, they are a cool car and if i saw a good one i'd be impressed. I don't have another car to drive while i play with this one. I think the main point is that i can have a williams engine in a car, so not very much money.

I hope i don't come across wrong, that i'm lazy and don't have patience. It's just all a little too difficult for me right now.

@Dunc - Yeah mate i have decided what to do next...i've bought another clio. This one defo has a williams engine in :) It's Hybrid 432 from midge. As far as de chaving it...i got rid of the tint and that makes it look loads better, and the alloys will have to go next, but thats about it. I actually like the scorpion exhaust on it. The MOMO steering wheel is a bit small, but i quite like that too.

Sad to say but the 16v is probably guna end up on ebay under spairs and repairs :(

Try not to cry guys, try not to cry.

:*(

stelucas
22-04-2010, 12:31
EDIT! :(

*It's going to be a good project for someone else

*i can have a williams FOR not much money...no so.

Wobba
22-04-2010, 13:00
Ahhh bought Midges Hybrid eh!? Fair enough! Nice looking car that.

As for learning how to do stuff, maybe small jobs at first and picking up info here and on C16valver will ease you in more gently.

Get to FCS with both cars! :D

stelucas
22-04-2010, 13:03
I'll try to get to FCS, never been to one. Don't know what to do. Might bottle it and stay home :)

Look at the size of my post people. 4 pages! I'm pretty much famous now.

I will always be the guy who bought the car with the wrong engine. Poop.

Wobba
22-04-2010, 13:10
I will always be the guy who bought the car with the wrong engine. Poop.

hehehe yea!

Just go to the FCS section on here, sign up, pay. Soon you're gonna see people who want to convoy from different parts of the UK. Most of us only know each other by usernames and what our cars look like, so we ALL end up wandering about in a random pattern trying to figure out what the hell is going on. You won't be the only one :) And don't worry about what state your car is in, hell my first year I came along in a rusty as fook tungsten valver, parked it next to Allens mint Dimma and a V6 Cup racer and it didn't look out of place hehe.

stelucas
22-04-2010, 13:13
lol! I may do that...might see if i can drag my gf for support.

Walking round randomly wondering what the hell is going on....is what i do daily.

Clio-Girl
22-04-2010, 13:20
Walking round randomly wondering what the hell is going on....is what i do daily.

and me, and me LOL

FCS is a good laugh well worth attending even if its just for the cakes which im still yet to experience but i understand im on the valverside :( ... hehe

Coops
22-04-2010, 13:48
i tried to get covert cakes from WC last year but once i again was too hung over to consume them :lol: :oops:

stelucas
22-04-2010, 13:51
Covert cakes? Cakes that look like something else?

Coops
22-04-2010, 13:55
i tried to diguise said cake to facilitate my stealing of it, but alas i was undone, i thought i was like James Bond, it turns out i was a subtle as James Douglas :lol:

Clio-Girl
22-04-2010, 13:58
coopsie.. i would say we could join forces and plot a deadly cake stealing attack but... i know how FCS goes and i wont be able to drag your comatosed state out of the tubby :lol:

stelucas
22-04-2010, 14:00
I'll swap a cake for my valver.

Clio-Girl
22-04-2010, 14:02
im tempted... ive seen Paddy eat small selection they looked goooooooooood :lol:

stelucas
22-04-2010, 14:05
If i'm part of a club where the best thing is cakes...i think i'll go to the valver stand :D

I mean, i've been here about a week and these things have been mentioned countless time. Do they have magical properties?

If they do we should call them fairy cakes.

ba bum cha!

Seriously have an assignment due in today and am looking for anything to distract me....Gah!

Coops
22-04-2010, 14:08
go do some work :wink:

cake = goodness and its nearly FCS so cake frenzy is taking hold, its fever pitch in the last week or so :D

Clio-Girl
22-04-2010, 14:12
work? meh overated i thought i was paid to sit on the internet all day??

although i am way too easily distracted damn it!

Coops
22-04-2010, 14:17
me too, made the door from lab to office squeaky with acid as well as early warning, trouble is everytime it squeaks i panic thinkin its the boss coming to check on me while am skiving :D

stelucas
22-04-2010, 14:19
I work in a warehouse with motion detector lights, so if i stand in one corner on my phone surfing the net, i can see a boss coming from miles away. Even better if i stand there long enough all the lights go off around me and i get to stand in the dark. Fun times.

Clio-Girl
22-04-2010, 14:21
im in the office all on my lonesome at the moment so no one cares, although all my facebook games do slow down the internet around the building :oops:

Coops
22-04-2010, 14:39
lmao, tending the cows on the farm miss Ronee?! :wink:

Clio-Girl
22-04-2010, 14:50
oh oh oh yes but ive also got a treasure island as well now!!

Wobba
22-04-2010, 16:27
For some inexplicable reason I've been nearly drawn into the farming game on facebook many times. Why on earth I'd suddenly hatch a desire to be feeding virtual cows and sheep, god knows!

I HAVE SEEN THE FCS CAKE MACHINE IRL!!! Yes, I have been in Leighanne's kitchen where she showed me her VAST supplies of cake making material and proudly announced she NEVER runs out of castor sugar!

Don't ever say 'gimme some sugar baby' though or you'll get a prod in the eye with a wooden spoon.

vkosho
22-04-2010, 19:25
trust me you will want a sugary cake when youve been up since 6am making the epic pilgrimage to fcs mate. Its all worth it!!

If your thinkin of gettin rid of that car on the cheap tho man.. Let me know before you bay it. 8)

16v_paddy
22-04-2010, 20:18
I can confirm that the WC cakes @ FCS are epic 8)

Stelucas: shit luck you've had there m8 :evil: although I think the 1st thing you should do with the money u got back is to buy some bloody tools, you've got to learn to get your hands dirty with these cars otherwise it's pointless owning 1, believe me, work on your car yourself, learn as you go along and it makes the ownership experience so much more rewarding and much less expensive :wink:

The best way to learn about these cars is to break 1, I learned a massive amount of useful stuff when I broke a valver for parts

LEIGH-ANNE
22-04-2010, 22:58
This convo has made me chuckle....No fear ill shall be up making cakes again dont worry. Been baking today too my kitchen smells well niiiiiiice 8)

Dan ****ing lol! Put some sugar on it yo

Loser u didnt get any as matt brown ate hes total weight in cakes...

stelucus - yes my cakes are something else. Fact 8)

Id swap 10 cakes for ur valver - then break it for parts :lol: :lol:

Ronee, id suggest planning ur escape by running away rather than doing a drive by for example....i think ur get away will be much improved :wink: :lol:

voksho - hows things? Will u be convoying from north or south my friend?

MatBrown
22-04-2010, 23:11
Mmmmm, Cakes!

Mat.

16v_paddy
22-04-2010, 23:30
Ronee, id suggest planning ur escape by running away rather than doing a drive by for example....i think ur get away will be much improved :wink: :lol:

crap idea, those perfect 2 litre engines are nothing but sexual :lol:

vkosho
22-04-2010, 23:58
oooooohh cake drama! this year should be good. Have to watch out for moles in the ranks.

LA i will pm you tomoz about my North/south situation as it is a long story.

LEIGH-ANNE
23-04-2010, 00:02
oooooohh cake drama! this year should be good. Have to watch out for moles in the ranks.

LA i will pm you tomoz about my North/south situation as it is a long story.

Moles....yer i have a suspect list already lol

Yer okay :D

stelucas
23-04-2010, 00:09
Stop talking on my thread while i'm trying to work.

Kthanks.

vkosho
23-04-2010, 00:18
:cowboy:

your loving it

stelucas
23-04-2010, 00:23
I'm not because i write a paragraph and then open chrome, check the forum, read the post then roll my eyes/laugh/reply. Close chrome....write a paragraph...open chrome....ANNOYING!

:typing:

vkosho
23-04-2010, 00:38
LOL. You are quite a character.

Now get back to work.. :D

glyn211269
23-04-2010, 00:55
This year we have been promised a Loch Ness monster cake to..... haven't we Glyn???

Did I say that?! Oh, all right then.....

Although I'm a bit concerned about the condition of the said chocolate cake if its a baking hot day tho....

Coops
23-04-2010, 06:33
i can't be classed as a mole if your referring to me miss loser, i have a willy............... :D

Clio-Girl
23-04-2010, 09:54
i have half a willy, widetrack and a 2.0... that still makes me uncool and unworthy of cake doesnt it :(

btw what sort of cake is the favourite? i need to know how much effort i need to put into this cake smuggling mission..

16v_paddy
23-04-2010, 10:19

crap idea, those pesky 2 litre engines are nothing but trouble :lol:

Pesky bloody moderator changing my post

:rant: :lol:

Coops
23-04-2010, 10:52
i have half a willy

sounds painful :shock:

LEIGH-ANNE
23-04-2010, 11:50
i have half a willy, widetrack and a 2.0... that still makes me uncool and unworthy of cake doesnt it :(

btw what sort of cake is the favourite? i need to know how much effort i need to put into this cake smuggling mission..

This was yesterdays efforts. These are just quick ones btw 8)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/leighanne21/IMG_2430.jpg

Clio-Girl
23-04-2010, 12:00
OMFG i cant believe you just posted that up im actually salivating

gimme, gimme, gimme operation cake steal must be put into action LOL

Clio-Girl
23-04-2010, 12:18
i want the pink one at the bottom on the left side :(

midge
23-04-2010, 13:57
i'd love to take that 91 j reg in and restore it :( shame you cant get it here and leave it here when you take away the shiny hybrid!

- Gunner chip installed today, just waiting for you to get it tommorrow ;)

Coops
23-04-2010, 14:17
cake tray is also made of win :wink:

stelucas
23-04-2010, 17:31
New car tomorrow :D

WOOOP.

If this one breaks on me i'm buying me a shot gun. And not for me either.

:)

Possible cakes a FCS! Yippee. I want a special Ste cake...for being a retard who bought the wrong car. A "make him feel better cake"....it's only fair.

stelucas
24-04-2010, 21:04
Got me car, love it. It drives great! However just a couple of things...

It smells of exhaust fumes, pretty stinks after a bit...i keep the windows open don't worry. But that's an exhaust blowing yeh? Midge said it was between the exhaust an manifold...so what exactly do i need to do, simple job for me or garage? Just some paste? Halfords? So many question marks.

Also, the clutch is really low down. One minute i have no clutch, and then when i raise it a tiny bit its ready to go. As in it almost bunny hops and is like im trying to set a lap time each time i try to drive. Is that a worn clutch, new one, or just an aggressive set up? It's almost too sensitive. Very on off.

Let me know guys. I'm lost without you! :)

midge
24-04-2010, 21:33
the clutch is because its a new R5 GTT uprated one, if you do a search your see thats just how they are!

the exhaust fumes in the car will be the blow on the exhaust, the join where i think its blowing is literlly under the gear stick (although got to be honest i never noticed the fumes!!)

apart from that glad your new real 'williams kinda'

;)

Wobba
24-04-2010, 21:45
Woohoo! Great hehe. Now comes the fiddly little jobs which lovingly bond you to the car :D

Assuming it's not got a proper hole in, the exhaust is quite simple really if just the joints. Only bastard can be if they are totally rusted/seized. If so, pair of goggles on and you can cut the little bolts off and put new ones on...M6 bolts and nuts I believe with some high temperature silicone sealant. There is a recent thread in mechanical about exhaust gaskets which is useful for you.

The R5 clutch is quite hardcore, but not as bad as some others believe it or not! You can get a conversion to the clutch fork, which makes it a lot easier...but tbh it's probably just where you are not yet used to it! My Willy one is harsh as well.

stelucas
24-04-2010, 22:58
Haha not fumes like smog. It can just give u a headache. I thought the clutch was normal, just aggressive. But now I know which clutch it, that's awesomme. I'll get the hang of it. Can't wait to do the small bits!! I now own a hybrid and a valver. I just need a Williams to complete the set.

Wobba
24-04-2010, 23:39
Nah you need one of these to make the set!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWMOlr72puQ&feature=related

stelucas
25-04-2010, 01:07
Dang it I just sold one of those.

Coops
25-04-2010, 09:48
glad your sorted with an hactual hybrid this time mate....have you checked the plaque :wink: :lol:

Wobba
25-04-2010, 10:37
glad your sorted with an hactual hybrid this time mate....have you checked the plaque :wink: :lol:

Yea...that midge guy, I heard he was really dodgy.

stelucas
25-04-2010, 10:58
I just checked the plate, its really small and faded.. but I can clearly see the words
"Screw you Ben!"

So Yeh its fine! 8)

16v_paddy
25-04-2010, 19:06
Nah you need one of these to make the set!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWMOlr72puQ&feature=related

:droool:

So what's the plan with the valver then? Are you going to break it for parts to learn how to work on your new hybrid? Not to mention the valuable spare parts you'll have for the hybrid :wink:

Does your valver have a pair of working key fobs? If it does can I buy them off you? Pretty please? :D

midge
25-04-2010, 20:30
;)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/52egdim/432%20hybrid/DSC00380.jpg

Coops
25-04-2010, 20:56
I just checked the plate, its really small and faded.. but I can clearly see the words
"Screw you Ben!"

So Yeh its fine! 8)

:P

stelucas
25-04-2010, 21:04
So what's the plan with the valver then?

I'm really not sure. I need to sort out the exhaust smell, an the valver may provide me some spares if i need. Might just shove it in the garage. I'd love to keep it, however, my parents bought me the hybrid and i'd love to be able to give them a tiny bit back...so i might just sell it as a project. I have one key... :(

The car drove great on the way home. I'm getting used to the clutch...it's fast as heck. Seriously fun. I fell in love a bit...just need to get rid of that smell as it's on my mind...then i've got loads of little jobs to do. Hybrid might get stripped inside....got some rust to get rid of. Couple of scratches. Boot doesn't fit as flush as the valvers. The front bumper sticks out a little bit either side just before the wheel arch.

All fun stuff! :D

stelucas
25-04-2010, 23:03
First couple of jobs done on the hybrid, removed sunroof rubber and replaced properly so now (i have net things that go under my sun roof that wern't working) its not hanging down. Got rear speakers working and front drivers. Front passenger just wont make a noise...might have to replace wires. Replaced drivers side window switch though both go down at an angle. Pah. Did something else but can't remember. It's too dark for anything else. Break it down in manageable chunks as they say.

Wobba
25-04-2010, 23:45
Hahaha! He's started working on teh car...I put money on him working out how to widetrack it himself by the end of the year :D

The windows not being in right place will be due to a broken plastic bit behind the door cards which holds the windows in place as they go up and down I think.

Good jobs done eh, lovely.

stelucas
26-04-2010, 00:21
I'm one of those odd people who don't love widetrack. If it was just put on my car great, but if i had to do any work/spend money...i'd rather buy some bigger breaks :) 4 pots!...

Yeah it feels good to start, even if i just do small jobs to begin. Just going through the picture section for some inspiration. Yeah i know about them plastic clips, do i need to get em from a stealer?

16v_paddy
26-04-2010, 01:03
Try a scrappy for the clips if you're being a tight arse :P

4 pots over wide track :yourock: :doit:

stelucas
26-04-2010, 12:09
Lol, i'm not being a tight arse, just wondering if renault supply em...

Wobba
26-04-2010, 13:36
I'm one of those odd people who don't love widetrack. If it was just put on my car great, but if i had to do any work/spend money...i'd rather buy some bigger breaks :) 4 pots!...

Yeah it feels good to start, even if i just do small jobs to begin. Just going through the picture section for some inspiration. Yeah i know about them plastic clips, do i need to get em from a stealer?

When you get a few other glitches, start checking out the projects and mechanicals sections. Massive wealth of info there and some good reading too!

Clio-Girl
26-04-2010, 13:59

both FTW :wink:

Clio-Girl
26-04-2010, 14:02

both is very good in my books :wink:

OMG how did that happen, paddy how did you do that :shock:

Coops
26-04-2010, 14:08
do what? the auto correct thing so f t w becomes is very good in my books?

its on the forum dictionary, same as 1 7 2 becomes 17poo :lol:

stelucas
26-04-2010, 14:51
both is very good in my books

Lucky :)[/quote]

stelucas
26-04-2010, 14:52
Edit ...hmph. :(

Clio-Girl
26-04-2010, 14:57
do what? the auto correct thing so f t w becomes is very good in my books?

its on the forum dictionary, same as 1 7 2 becomes 17poo :lol:

my bad :oops:

i thought paddy was changing my wording being the little bugger he is!!

MatBrown
26-04-2010, 16:15
The windows not being in right place will be due to a broken plastic bit behind the door cards which holds the windows in place as they go up and down I think.

Not behind the doorcards, its the ones that live in the rear runner.
Would need to swap the glass over.

Mat.

Wobba
26-04-2010, 16:35
There was me thinking the glass was behind the door cards all this time! I'm such a tool. :wink:

MatBrown
26-04-2010, 16:50
I was referring to the plastic clip.

Mat.

stelucas
26-04-2010, 17:36
Need to swap the window glass out just to replace a clip? Crazy.

My front passenger door speaker ain't working. Tried the wires.on different speakers an still no luck. Is it time to replace the wires running through the door?

16v_paddy
26-04-2010, 19:06
my bad :oops:

i thought paddy was changing my wording being the little bugger he is!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: