PDA

View Full Version : Problematic NEIGHBOUR

VIPERONE
25-07-2005, 18:00
A while back a neighbour who has a right of way wrote to his solicitor after a series of heated discussions . He claimed because i parked my car in front of my garage I obstructed his right of way. eventually i was ordred to move my car. ..Even though a sherman tank could of driven through.

recentley he applied for planning permission, to which i received a letter from the council.. i duly wrote back:

Development and Control Service
----Rochdale Council
--------
Rochdale
OL16 1JH

Dear Mr Whale,
Application Number 0-------------
I am writing in response to your letter dated ---- detailing A application for planning permission at ----------------------------
On looking at the proposal detailed in your letter I have a number of concerns that I would like to bring to your attention.
At present No ##------------Close is running an extensive vehicle hire business from the area detailed in the planning proposal. The business named ‘Hire Society’ currently has eleven vintage hire cars stored in the large extension to the rear of the property. Employing approx ten drivers, along with numerous prospective clients attending the property to view vehicles.
This is extremely inconvenient to the residents of Frederick Street as the right of way to this storage area passes through the rear to the terraced row. The strong scent of petrol and fumes is also always lingering in the air as a result of the amount of vehicles being used. The vehicles are being driven at all times of the day and sometimes are not returned until late hours. This causes constant noise from the property and residents are unable to enjoy the grass area to the rear of the property as vehicles are constantly either parked there or passing through. This also causes a danger to the children who tend to play in this grassed area away from the road.
On numerous occasions I have watched various prospective clients attend the property to view the vehicles, I find this extremely intrusive as this area overlooks my home. This kind of activity is unusual for such a quiet, small residential area. This is the same for the employees who arrive at the property on a regular basis to collect and return vehicles, I feel I am unable to relax in my rear garden as I am constantly disturbed and watched by these employees.
This business has gradually been increasing in size over the years, the number of employees and vehicles has recently begun to drastically increase. Recently deliveries have also stared to attend the address, namely large wagons delivering stone and other goods. There is simply no room at the rear of Frederick Street for this sort of activity and as a result many of the flags and footpath areas have been cracked and badly damaged as these extremely large loads attempt to deliver to the address. This dismayed many of the residents, this type of behaviour is unacceptable for such a small access road within less than 5 metres from our homes of the residents.
My concern is that the proposed planning application to the rear of ----- Close is to allow for further growth of this business, hence further inconvenience for the residents of Frederick Street. Further space to conduct this business will result in more people attending the address on a regular basis and more vehicles being stored at the address resulting in further noise pollution and intrusions of privacy.
I can provide full documented evidence for all of the above, digital pictures of damaged land, number of employees and amount of vehicles being used in the commission of this business. Alternatively all of the above is detailed on the company website. http://-------------
I would appreciate it if all of the above can be taken into consideration when the planning application is reviewed by the council members.
Yours faithfully
Ive just had the male and his wife round at my house complaining at me... muhahaha

unfortunatly it appears his application has now been rejected.

Swervin_Mervin
25-07-2005, 18:04
Good lad. Could've done a cheapo traffic statement for you if you'd wanted, but it seems it wasn't needed.

Intesification of use blah, blah.

MatBrown
25-07-2005, 18:10
Class!

Mat.

MatBrown
25-07-2005, 18:14
Just looking at his website, must be like piccadily circus in the 50's round your way!!

Mat.

BigBoreBri
25-07-2005, 18:37
He He, class!!!

Nowt i cant stand more than w@nker neighbours, the old buggers over the road from me would forever give me greif about parking outside my house because its "against the law" honest guvnor!! Even though its miles from there driveway! :shock:

Scum of the earth i tell ya, with scummy sons and scummier grandsons!! :evil:

Lunner
25-07-2005, 20:47
I would say see if you can borrow a patrol car and park it infront of your garage and then see the wanker complain.

Does he know you are a copper?

snakeylady
26-07-2005, 07:13
brillinat- nothing satisfies like beating them at their own game!