PDA

View Full Version : Fuel surge - fixed....! i hope

Evogone
12-04-2010, 18:11
Well what an afternoon.... tested the car again as we have foam filled the tank and lowered the pickup point of the fuel pump (was 30mm from the bottom after fitting the walbro) to try and solve the new surge issue. Went out with 1/4 tank the same problem then went out with 3/4 tank same again..!! Also the fuel pump was really noisey after a couple of minutes....

Pump housing out again and we took the filter sock off... loads of s**t and crap in the gause of the fuel pump its self..

How has it got through the sock which is micro fine and then stuck in the actual fuel pump gause ??? very strange. Anyone....

Cleaned it all out and put a new in line fuel filter in (cut the old out out to see if this had broken down but nothing major looked OK) tested again with 1/3 tank no surge at all..! Barp barp barp

Fingers crossed mix of cleaning everything up, foam and lower pick up have sorted the job. Fuel pump seems very smooth and quiet and most importantly no fuel pressure movement or alarms on my fancy STACK dial.!

cliokongen
12-04-2010, 19:03
How did you lower the pick up?

Evogone
12-04-2010, 21:44
How did you lower the pick up?

You can slide the housing down on the 2 tubes (which are spring loaded etc i guess for iff you hit the tank underneeth then the housing compresses) . Mine is the early seperate fuel pump only sender. The walbro pump and filter is slightly shorter than the std pump.

Couldnt believe how much shit was in the pump will check it after the next event and see how its looking. Guess putting all the foam in a disturbed all the crap in the tank..

northy
12-04-2010, 21:58
so u now have the same pump as me?

my filter was perfectly clean when removed for the new pump - did u wash out the tank before refitting?

Evogone
14-04-2010, 16:29
so u now have the same pump as me?

my filter was perfectly clean when removed for the new pump - did u wash out the tank before refitting?

My filter sock was clean too but take the sock off there was loads of crap in the metal gauze on the actual pump.

Crap could be aftter putting the foam in disturbing all the crap of the bottom / sides of the tank but how did it get past the sock... :? :? :?