PDA

View Full Version : Had a beer n thinking of cars.

big hp
30-01-2005, 02:17
Been outt tonight and had a few beers. Living witrh the G/F means i dont get out as much as i used toio. Bit sad aiont it when the misses is in bed n i'm on the laptop. LOL.

I've got someone looking at the valver next weeekend, so was talking to a renaultt technician mate of mine and he said the only clio to have was the williams. He reckons the williams is in the right hands is faster thann a 172. Out od curisoity how easy are rearr arches to get done? On my old valver the arches were rusting and noone around here (aylesbury) would do them. Thats why i sold it and bought the naples vsalver.

Hmmmm dedcisions decisions, vr6 172 or willie.faster than a 172.

KingStromba
30-01-2005, 02:35
About 150 to 200 quid gets you an arch done i think. The big advantage that the Williams holds over other Renault Sport models is that its loss in grip is progressive. The 172, 182, and even V6 tend tosnap away. This is a massive handling bonus to the Willy. In the right hands the williams is a amazing. EVO described the Williams in thier top ten drivers car artical as having considerably better damping than the 172 cup. It finished 6th (ahead of a P1, Lotus Elise, Porsche 911 4x4 turbo and an M3). They didnt even invite the 172. Says it all really.

Winston
30-01-2005, 03:14
172 - Nice but not my thing really, maybe a cup?

VR6 - awsome sound, valver fast but pull all the way to 140mph, very heavy front end

Williams - Win hands down IMO

Hybrid - make it your own

big hp
30-01-2005, 15:20
Oh dear :oops:

Spelling was atrocious. LOL

I was thinking about converting my valver to a naples hybrid but can't be bothered. I would like a real williams that I could then keep forever as they'll only ever increase in value.