PDA

View Full Version : I really hate.....

MatrixGuy
29-03-2010, 17:48
my car at the moment.

Looks and drives absolutely w**k at the moment. I can't afford to get the huge panel dent fixed, the arches are mega rusty, the suspension feels non existant and the engine is having technical problems. I am actually ashamed to drive it at the moment and it's making feel sad because i remember how good it once looked & drove!!

Sorry, another rant over!! :cry:

ThRaXaIR
29-03-2010, 17:50
Stay Strong my son! all these things will resolve over time....even if it does mean scrapping it! :D

MatrixGuy
29-03-2010, 18:04
Stay Strong my son! all these things will resolve over time....even if it does mean scrapping it! :D

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Coops
29-03-2010, 19:08
chin up mate

mines not much better, rust taking hold passenger side, drivers side arch looks like a blind monkey with a tub of polyfilla rebuilt it, cv joint is fubar on passenger shaft, tyres are on way out, gearbox diff whines its nuts off, top engine mount is snapped and the damn external temp is knackered and flashed 50 at you all the live long day

but i still love it ;-)

col
29-03-2010, 19:08
The real world can be a very sad place at times :wink: .....hayho!

Jamie.
29-03-2010, 19:13
Mine is going and looking better than ever. When it all comes together it feels great. It'll come eventually.

Coops
29-03-2010, 19:24
you be quiet, yours is brand new :wink: well may as well be :P

Jamie.
29-03-2010, 19:49
Well it is pretty new but still requires a bit of money spending on it every now and again.

LEIGH-ANNE
29-03-2010, 20:08
Dont think thats what the poor guy needs to hear right now Jamie :roll:

Keep with it. Every car goes through this where every bloody thing goes wrong. Spend a bit of money on it and ur see the benefits and it'll give you that little smile you get when your driving on your own down a road, and nothing can be better at that point in time....

Just save up and take your time doing it. Just think of the milage you wont be adding to the clock....

Jamie.
29-03-2010, 20:20
Dont think thats what the poor guy needs to hear right now Jamie :roll:

What? That it'll come good eventually? Did you read it properly? Would you prefer it if I said: It'll always be a bit of a shitter mate, get rid. As that's the opposite and what you're implying.

Brealbags
29-03-2010, 20:49
I think its just post winter blues mate. I remember how mine used to shine in the summer sun last year and i havnt seen it like that for months now.

Its sat in the garage all dull looking and whenever its on the road its wet and can hear the grit bouncing off the arches and turning into rust... In fact looking round it earlier and im sure theres loads of new rust patches showing through :x

talkingfish
29-03-2010, 21:18
I share your pain.... I put mine all back together to find that I have got to take it all back apart again.... but I know that when I eventually start driving it again it will put a huge smile on my face.... keep the faith!! :wink:

Wobba
29-03-2010, 21:21
my car at the moment.

Looks and drives absolutely w**k at the moment. I can't afford to get the huge panel dent fixed, the arches are mega rusty, the suspension feels non existant and the engine is having technical problems. I am actually ashamed to drive it at the moment and it's making feel sad because i remember how good it once looked & drove!!

Sorry, another rant over!! :cry:

1 thing at a time.

Soon we will have hotter weather and the evenings will get longer. It will make you happy.

You will fix the engine gremlins. You will buy some cheap coilovers and new bushes and make it feel uber nuts. You will start to enjoy the low-rider rusty slag look. You will then strip the car and start doing trackdays.

Just 1 thing at a time.

schakal
29-03-2010, 21:23
we all have problems ,no car is perfect tbqfh .
i just managed to poke through the back box on my chamade
while changing the rear wheel bearing over the weekend .

complete zorst system is rotten :?
s/s ftmfw !!! :P :P

ThRaXaIR
29-03-2010, 21:42

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

i obviously wouldnt condone such an approach though.... if i did mine would be next in line to the scrappers in the sky. my arches are looking far from cosmic!

richy
29-03-2010, 21:45
it be reyt man!

mines in a right state at the moment lol, got no interior in it, no wheels, no fuel tank/lines or brake lines and windows, in middle of sorting the floor out where i took cage out and tidying up the sills etc which is all tedious time consuming work but its getting there!

Tommo
29-03-2010, 21:46
As above, chin up dude.

Mines starting to get to the point where it needs a bit of money spent on it, so it's coming off the road (again) for a refresh. if you are in a position to take her off the road I'd do so and do one thing at a time and set yourself a time limit and budget.

Maybe concentrate on the rust first, it you can't afford bodyshop have a go yourself at least to slow the rust progressing further until you can afford a pro to do it. The next month concentrate on suspension, then engine issues, etc, take a bit longer if finances are an issue and save up for parts etc. I know a guy who works for dentman who I'm sure could have a go at the dent for you, he's very good and won't charge the earth.

My goal is to get mine sorted for the FCS, but they are only minor things at the moment to be fair.

Warby
30-03-2010, 07:11
As everyone one is saying, keep your chin up, these cars are a real labour of love but when they're behaving there is pretty much nothing to beat them for driving fun! We all go through it at some point!

MatrixGuy
30-03-2010, 13:09
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Would you say the first thing to get sorted is the huge dent?

Wobba
30-03-2010, 13:22
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Would you say the first thing to get sorted is the huge dent?

If that's what is stopping the mojo flow the most the aye.

Coops
30-03-2010, 13:23
i always approach it mechanical stuff first, then cosmetic, but thats just me

MatrixGuy
30-03-2010, 17:21
i always approach it mechanical stuff first, then cosmetic, but thats just me

Hmmm, i think the main loss of interest is because of the dent. I used to detail the willy every week, if not twice a week but i barely do it once a month now!

The problem is that i can get the dent knocked out, but that still leaves the major rust, but i can't afford a new arch from Renault.

col
30-03-2010, 20:36
Even my Mercs been giving me problems, self levelling suspension up the chuff...........REPLACEMENT SHOCK £315+vat.......EACH!!! damn citroen system............so ive converted too gas shocks.........£120 inc vat job done. :wink: for the pair.