PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed please guys!

Mark E-J
25-03-2010, 00:15
I started my car this morning to go to work and the car was idleling quite ruff sort of hunting it would show 900rpm@ idle but evry say 8 seconds the revs would dip a little.

Once I started my commute to work it felt like the car was suffering from a missfire and it was like if I was going to run out of petrol kangerooing.
after a while it was ok once warm but from cold was a complete nightmare.

I really dont know where to start every now and again the coolant temp gauge gets to where the fans kick in and then goes back down could this be the cause of the problem?

Im thinking of changing the plugs leads and dizzy cap I have a new coolant temp sensor ready to fit but If I replace these do you think that my clios symtoms would be solved?

I bought the car off flash in november and was aware it needed some work but it seems to be a problem car for me. Although I do love her &
I want to get her mint but dont want to replace parts I dont need to yet.

Any help you can give would be appreciated!

MatBrown
25-03-2010, 01:50
With it being temp related, start with the CTS and the lambda sensor.

Mat.

Coops
25-03-2010, 09:53
as above, get the coolant temp sensor changed first if you have one kicking about 8)

Lunner
25-03-2010, 10:11
Thats classic lambda symptoms.

Only difference is when idling the revs will dip to the point of almost stalling, and then pick back up again. But it will kangaroo from cold, but once its warmed up its ok.

Take the lambda out and shake it, if it rattles its ****ed

Wobba
25-03-2010, 12:34
Just do the CTS and check its wiring first and maybe other basics.

Mark E-J
25-03-2010, 20:05
just had to have the recovery(green flag) come out to me tow take the car home on top of that there is what I believe to be petrol leaking from the engine area the stench of it is really strong perhaps could it be a ****ed injector?

thanks though guys I a going to try those this weekend

Wobba
25-03-2010, 20:09
just had to have the recovery(green flag) come out to me tow take the car home on top of that there is what I believe to be petrol leaking from the engine area the stench of it is really strong perhaps could it be a f**ked injector?

thanks though guys I a going to try those this weekend

Nah mate. 99% sure its a split hose underneath the main engine mount, leading to the fuel rail. One feeds fuel the other relays unused stuff back to the tank. Fiddly, but not hard to replace. Just DO NOT get petrol in your eye. It really hurts and can leave you blind.

Symptoms are similar sounding to mine when it happened to me.

If it is that and you want to fix it yourself, you can reduce the pressure of the fuel (if there is any!) in the lines by unplugging the power supply to the fuel pump (under rear seats) and turning the car over for a little while to get rid of pressure then unplug the hoses...wear safety goggles :)

Mark E-J
26-03-2010, 22:41
cheers wobba gonna see if my mechanic friend joe will pop over and help me out!

I can learn on the job, I love my car and not gonna risk having a go myself incase I blow her up!

I just hope its an easy cheap fix Im so gutted Im driving round round in my mrs puma with pink fluffy dice God I look so gay lol

stan
26-03-2010, 23:42
If you get stuck, call over mate...can stick it on the rolling road when it's fixed then!

Wobba
27-03-2010, 00:59
If you get stuck, call over mate...can stick it on the rolling road when it's fixed then!

No he can't you'll be too busy next week ;)

Wobba
27-03-2010, 01:00
cheers wobba gonna see if my mechanic friend joe will pop over and help me out!

I can learn on the job, I love my car and not gonna risk having a go myself incase I blow her up!

I just hope its an easy cheap fix Im so gutted Im driving round round in my mrs puma with pink fluffy dice God I look so gay lol

Hehe, np. Working on these cars is not that hard really. You learn loads here.

Mark E-J
27-03-2010, 08:57

haha wobba has craig got your car its in safe hands mate!

Craig I will deffo pop over to you mate I really want your opinion on what needs doing and perhaps you can do some of the work mate!
Also it would be really good to see you mate its been such a long time and not to mention my MoT is coming up so maybe you could advise me on that aswell mate.

Wobba
27-03-2010, 20:18

haha wobba has craig got your car its in safe hands mate!

Craig I will deffo pop over to you mate I really want your opinion on what needs doing and perhaps you can do some of the work mate!
Also it would be really good to see you mate its been such a long time and not to mention my MoT is coming up so maybe you could advise me on that aswell mate.

Yea I dropped my car off to him this morning after a long drive from Southampton for a little bit of work.

He looked a bit of a dodgy geezer to me...

;)

Mark E-J
29-03-2010, 00:53
Lmao!!! :D

I used to think he looked like the guy off prison break lol

Mark E-J
30-03-2010, 21:25
Wobba you were right mate about the pipe its all sorted now it was where you said Im hoping to get better mpg now lol

Stan I need your details mate so I can call over

Wobba
30-03-2010, 23:39
Wobba you were right mate about the pipe its all sorted now it was where you said Im hoping to get better mpg now lol

Stan I need your details mate so I can call over

8)

http://www.ap-developments.com/