PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust on its way out.

GabrielKnight
24-03-2010, 07:35
It's started making a rasping sound suggesting there's a small hole somewhere.

Any1 know if you if and how you can get hold of an original replacement exhaust and how much they cost? Are they unique to Williams or the same as the valvers.

I was wondering whether anyone makes a near identical exhaust system but from stainless steel, but I guess this would make my car 'non-standard' due to the extra weight of the SS?

I need to get this exhaust sorted quickly as I'm planning a long drive in a weeks time.

northy
24-03-2010, 08:44
i have a blueflame stainless steel exhaust if you want to buy a replacement

simonr85
24-03-2010, 12:20
i have a blueflame stainless steel exhaust if you want to buy a replacement

does this have the middle hanger?? as i have a blueflame but the middle hanger is missing so it sags slightly

how much do you want for it???

Lunner
24-03-2010, 13:21
Why don't you just get the garage that fits it to weld a hanger on the middle in the correct place....job done :)

GabrielKnight
24-03-2010, 18:42
Sooooo.... [-o< about those original questions....

ThRaXaIR
24-03-2010, 19:03
yeh boys stay on topic! tsk

1995clio16v
25-03-2010, 15:15
Any1 know if you if and how you can get hold of an original replacement exhaust and how much they cost?

Call your local renault dealership, ask for parts, and they will put you through to parts. As soon as you get through to parts, read this out to them and they will quote you accordingly.

If you also tell them its making a rasping sound they may be able to suggest how to get rid of the rasping sound. You could even take it into them and get them to put some 'special renault' paste on your exhaust. Only renault sell this 'special paste', its unique to them, but it REALLY does work. They even offer a 10 year warranty with this paste, meaning your exhaust will not rasp for another 10 years. Measure the area of the hole thats blowing though with a ruler in CM, as they will ask you for this size, as they need to make it up for you on ordering and quoting the size of the hole. Add a CM either side just to make sure they will make enough up for you.

Hope that helps.

GabrielKnight
25-03-2010, 20:09
Great, thanks!. Let me get my phone....

GabrielKnight
25-03-2010, 20:14
Strange. I called my local dealers up and they said that "the person who gave you this information is a sarcastic c*nt who is no help to anyone". They said they felt sorry for him because "he posts on an advice forum to take the p*ss in order to feel superior, rather than to help".

They then put me through to the guy who works in the exhaust paste engineering department who said that the advice must have come from someone with "low self-esteem, probably caused by his particularly small penis".

glyn211269
25-03-2010, 23:15
Strange. I called my local dealers up and they said that "the person who gave you this information is a sarcastic c*nt who is no help to anyone". They said they felt sorry for him because "he posts on an advice forum to take the p*ss in order to feel superior, rather than to help".

They then put me through to the guy who works in the exhaust paste engineering department who said that the advice must have come from someone with "low self-esteem, probably caused by his particularly small penis".

Best laugh I've had all day!! For several days in fact. You do tend to bring it on yourself though!