PDA

View Full Version : Dilema

Caramelx
24-07-2005, 11:02
I have now driven a 182 and now have to eat my words, I did actually enjoy it a hell of a lot, maybe just as much as the williams.

Didnt expect them to drive the way they do.
:D

edde
24-07-2005, 12:21
They are superb cars particularly as they have all the nicities ie aircon etc yet still as quick.
The trophy is superb I'd guess Williams quick (stock vs stock) with most drivers. However the back it it seems to like getting a little to light for my preference although it will help lap times. After my experiances with ligh back ends I'd prefere a car to understear than overstear.

Andyvalver
24-07-2005, 12:37
:roll: Ban these two...... :D

Andy
24-07-2005, 17:21
not as quick gents

Martin
24-07-2005, 17:23
proven at pod lol I think it's a little worrying that no one has managed to run a 14 sec 1/4 mile in a 182....the mk1 172s seem to be the quickest with the 172 cup a close 2nd...

Winston
24-07-2005, 18:09
Williams will love you long time :wink:

Caramelx
25-07-2005, 01:10
:roll: Ban these two...... :D

Why, not like gonna change the williams, just was nice to try something different

Purple
25-07-2005, 01:46
"Look closely into the beautiful swinging pendulum and slowly count backwards from 100......"
"Now... repeat after me... the clio williams is, without doubt, the best car in the universe... thinking about other cars will give you a bad rash... Now, take off your clothes and dance the hula hula!"

Hee, just joking. Urm.. maybe not the last bit. :)

Caramelx
25-07-2005, 12:25
It is good to remind yourself every once i a while.

richy
25-07-2005, 13:27
after driving the williams for a while u get use to it and forget how good they are, so jump in a lower class car :wink: :wink: then back in the williams :P

edde
25-07-2005, 17:59
The William is a different car than the 172/182/trophy nothing wrong with then and nothing wrong with the WIlliams/16V.
We pay our money we take out choice. If I could choice I'd like a Mk1/Mk2 hybrid as both cars have there positive points.

2 live
25-07-2005, 19:10
and the mk2 good points are??

Martin
25-07-2005, 19:36
erm better for crashing in &...reno warranty! pmsl

edde
25-07-2005, 19:51
Better seting position (least for me) although its still not good.
Air con is a possibilty.
Cooling system works no need to sit in 37 degree heat with the heater on full to protect the engine (see above linked point)
More spacious.
Stronger chassis (or least seems it) to crash.
No/less rust.
Stearing wheel remote (small thing but I'm lazy and miss it)
Warently (not having a a garage is a pain when trying to fix it).
Compaired to the diesel not as economical. (no RS dci I admit so not fair)
Compaired with a Cup isn't quite as economical.
You have to rev it to 5k to realy make it shift (due to cams) and I'm lazy and don't like pushing the car to 7k long term.
No zeons (infact light are useless)
More reliable.

I think I'm keeping it though even a RS dci woouldn't tempt me unless it was very cheap. I think when I get the garage I'm goint to get a 16V and break it for bits to repair the Williams (hope my parents don't see this).

katbloke
25-07-2005, 19:59
Caramelx you wanna go see Renwill he'll give ya an honest opinion after owning both, remember his clisport post? :)

richy
25-07-2005, 20:08
the mk2 are known for the shit seating position!

2 live
25-07-2005, 20:20
Better seting position (least for me) although its still not good.
Air con is a possibilty.
Cooling system works no need to sit in 37 degree heat with the heater on full to protect the engine (see above linked point)
More spacious.
Stronger chassis (or least seems it) to crash.
No/less rust.
Stearing wheel remote (small thing but I'm lazy and miss it)
Warently (not having a a garage is a pain when trying to fix it).
Compaired to the diesel not as economical. (no RS dci I admit so not fair)
Compaired with a Cup isn't quite as economical.
You have to rev it to 5k to realy make it shift (due to cams) and I'm lazy and don't like pushing the car to 7k long term.
No zeons (infact light are useless)
More reliable.

I think I'm keeping it though even a RS dci woouldn't tempt me unless it was very cheap. I think when I get the garage I'm goint to get a 16V and break it for bits to repair the Williams (hope my parents don't see this).

better seating position???????? lol

air con.windows open.mine doesnt need the heater on hot to keep it cool.

stronger chassis.....dont crash lol
no/less rust...give em another 5 years

compared to my mini ur diesel not economicl.not really a valid point

compared with a cup..if properly mapped it will be more economical

get it mapped properly and the cams timed properly.then wont have to rev it to 5k for it to start picking up

no zeons...admittedly.willy clio mk1 lights are shite at best

more reliable?? are they??

richy
25-07-2005, 20:27
tbh when i had steves old 172 only things i honestly thought was better was air con, the headlights and the fact it had leather, althought the seats wasnt as comfy as the williams ones, u sat in the williams and sat on the 172 !!

Caramelx
25-07-2005, 21:23
I just like to drive different vehicles now and then....

Hell in a few months ill have a 1.2 16v with dual controls lol then ill be dreaming of the weekends.

Not going to get rid of the williams and get a 172/182/Clio anything, just had the oppertunity to try one, that was it

Smokey McPot
25-07-2005, 21:43
The seats are definately more comfortable in the Williams than me Cup....

Cups a better daily drive though :)