PDA

View Full Version : Auxiliary Water Pump - How do i know if its working??

glyn211269
18-03-2010, 23:36
I believe the auxiliary water pump is supposed to run on sometimes to keep the coolant circulating around the engine to avoid hot spots etc.

Admitted I don't really cane my Willy but the only thing that does seem to run on sometimes is the radiator fan. Is the aux pump supposed to run at the same time or independantly? Or does the pump only cut in if you've caned it and then switched off??

volymmannen
18-03-2010, 23:49
I believe the auxiliary water pump is supposed to run on sometimes to keep the coolant circulating around the engine to avoid hot spots etc.

Admitted I don't really cane my Willy but the only thing that does seem to run on sometimes is the radiator fan. Is the aux pump supposed to run at the same time or independantly? Or does the pump only cut in if you've caned it and then switched off??

The engines water pump circulate water when the engines is on, the other (auxiliary) should run a few minutes (5 ?) after turning ignition off to circulate

Coops
19-03-2010, 00:01
only comes on if coolant is over 108 degrees centigrade (or there abouts i think) when the ignition is switched off, otherwise just the fan comes on