PDA

View Full Version : Just a suggestion

Enid
23-07-2005, 21:59
I've been looking at the Ford Racing Puma owners club site (a car which i really love) and they have a nice section for "owners cars". They have a section down the side of the page with a photo of the car and the production number (they only built 500). I was thinking maybe we could do a similar thing for all the Williams 1 owners in our club, a picture of each car and a description of the owner and any mods done etc etc.

Check this for an idea of what I mean.

http://www.fordracingpuma.com/mainwebpage.html

northy
25-07-2005, 08:05
cheers mate.

will have a look and sort something out.

fab
25-07-2005, 11:33
There were three generations of Clio Williams made and there is nothing to suggest that the Williams cars with the number plate drilled onto the dash are any more superior in design performance etc, than the ones without. With the Puma you have a definite number of 500 made and no other production of the same car by Ford.
Lets face the facts here. Back in 1993 Renault announced a limited edition run of 400 Williams to then go ahead and piss collectors off by producing a further run of god knows how many.I believe I read somwhere on the forum that in France the number on the dash was available on request!
Also, chances are you will find that most Williams 1 owners have very few mods on their cars and the best modifications can be found on the other production runs.
The Clio Williams is unique in many respects and all cars produced and maintained well by their respective owners deserve recognition.
If you want a collector’s corner you may as well turn the site into a museum and alienate all the other enthusiast’s who bought the williams to drive and race and not to stare at on the mantle piece.

northy
25-07-2005, 11:48
Well there will be a members corner coming, and we currently have a williams 1 register being written.

I think that a williams section for each evolution (with the williams 1 being numbered) Is a great idea....somthing i will look at doing when i get a spare few hours.

Enid
25-07-2005, 19:47
There were three generations of Clio Williams made and there is nothing to suggest that the Williams cars with the number plate drilled onto the dash are any more superior in design performance etc, than the ones without. With the Puma you have a definite number of 500 made and no other production of the same car by Ford.
Lets face the facts here. Back in 1993 Renault announced a limited edition run of 400 Williams to then go ahead and piss collectors off by producing a further run of god knows how many.I believe I read somwhere on the forum that in France the number on the dash was available on request!
Also, chances are you will find that most Williams 1 owners have very few mods on their cars and the best modifications can be found on the other production runs.
The Clio Williams is unique in many respects and all cars produced and maintained well by their respective owners deserve recognition.
If you want a collector’s corner you may as well turn the site into a museum and alienate all the other enthusiast’s who bought the williams to drive and race and not to stare at on the mantle piece.

Alright mate don't flash!!

I'm sorry if I offened you, but like I say it was just a suggested and in no way shape or form did I suggest that the Williams 1 was and more special than a 2 or a 3!! My suggestion would act like a regesiter of all the 1's left which i'm sure a lot of people would be interested in.

fab
25-07-2005, 22:55
I felt the need to write so and not because of your suggestion but rather to make a point that in my opinion if the club/website was seen to be biased towards Williams one owners then it would evidently fail in its purpose and that is to support all Clio Williams owners.
Having said all that a members area list of the Ones in the club is a good idea as it would perhaps boost the integrity of the club over the longer term.
All the best.

Enid
25-07-2005, 23:06
No worries, you have made a fair an valid point.

Cheers

Ian

Andy
26-07-2005, 07:31
that wont happen mate the site owner has a 3 and me his brother has a 2 so dont wory mate 2s are quicker anyway :roll:

Jan
26-07-2005, 09:00
that wont happen mate the site owner has a 3 and me his brother has a 2 so dont wory mate 2s are quicker anyway :roll:

good chat 2 days before anglesey :wink: :twisted:

Zollo
26-07-2005, 11:14
Agree with Andy - my money is on a Williams 2 being the quickest around Anglesey (not mine I'd like to add!) :P :wink:

2 live
26-07-2005, 11:22

but u know the 1s are quicker still :wink:

J o n
26-07-2005, 11:25
we'll see this weekend 9 lives! :lol: :wink: :twisted:

(no cheating either bastid!)

FlamingMonkey
26-07-2005, 11:28
You boys are all in denial, Willy 3 is going to be te fastest round Anglesey, round the track and round and round in a big spin :lol:

northy
26-07-2005, 11:33

but u know the 1s are quicker still :wink:

we'll see this weekend 9 lives! :lol: :wink: :twisted:

(no cheating either bastid!)

Lol....well the two supposingly fast williams are no where to be seen on this trackday......tarts :D

J o n
26-07-2005, 12:03
lol, that's cos we're working on Project Stealth ;) muhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

northy
26-07-2005, 12:06
lol, that's cos we're bumming each other, and not driving our cars;) muhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

:shock:

Zollo
26-07-2005, 12:23
lol, that's cos we're working on Project Stealth ;) . That way, we have a lame excuse of wasting our money on that and not being able to afford to go to the track day instead, therefore saving ourselves embarassment of getting beaten by some standard Williams's. muhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

That'll be right :wink:

J o n
26-07-2005, 12:40
project stealth has minimal outlay, you will all soon see tho :D

i'll do a road going trackday like a Peaks run or whatever soonish, bout the most I can afford at the moment. my car wouldn't last on track anyway, i'd need new pads and front after it for sure, they are part worn already :(

besides, track daying your car will decrease it's value :roll:

fab
26-07-2005, 12:46
the williams was born to race :D
the best high youll ever have!

northy
26-07-2005, 12:54
the williams was born to race :D
the best high youll ever have!

he will have sold it by the time he realises that mate :wink:

J o n
26-07-2005, 12:58
pmsl @ Northy, i've done over 20k in it pal, i'd say I know the car well enough mr I wont mod my car or ever give it any stick ;)

Andyvalver
27-07-2005, 17:21
What about a section for Naples valvers owners cars. There rare :wink:

northy
27-07-2005, 17:31
lol.....i'll see what i can do mate.

2 live
27-07-2005, 19:53
lol, that's cos we're working on Project Stealth ;) . That way, we have a lame excuse of wasting our money on that and not being able to afford to go to the track day instead, therefore saving ourselves embarassment of getting beaten by some standard Williams's. muhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

That'll be right :wink:

lol.

mines runnng slower than std at the min. a lot slower than it shud be.....but the 1 in front would still be the 1 in front of all the pussies on the track day....im only staying at home to save u the embarrassment of getting lapped by an old man in a willy 1 hehe