PDA

View Full Version : Fitting FIA cut off switch - which ignition wire to use

cliokongen
16-03-2010, 15:36
I am in the process of fitting a FIA cut off switch but i am in doubt of which ignition wire to use.
Which one of the ones going to/from ignition barrel should be used?

Michael

geesus
16-03-2010, 17:08
i was under the impression it should be used on the battery positive/negative cable? :? so that it cuts all power, not just ignition?

Evogone
16-03-2010, 17:14
Battery positive cable so to kill all electrics. If its just one the ignition then your not killing all circuits which its intended for.

geesus
16-03-2010, 17:18
yeh so the kill switch goes in line on the positive feed, then the ignition/coil etc is connected to the 4 pin connector

that way the battery is isolated and ignition cut also, this stops the car running on without the battery connected, which will cause a spike (which is where the resistor comes in)

correct?

Evogone
16-03-2010, 18:22
yeh so the kill switch goes in line on the positive feed, then the ignition/coil etc is connected to the 4 pin connector

that way the battery is isolated and ignition cut also, this stops the car running on without the battery connected, which will cause a spike (which is where the resistor comes in)

correct?

Yup..!

davidbuttigieg
16-03-2010, 21:05

correct?

Yup..!

Where do you connect the resistor ?

cliokongen
16-03-2010, 23:00

correct?

Yup..!

Yup..! ditto... :-)

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/Cliokongen/Diverse/FIA20switch.jpg