PDA

View Full Version : Chevron trouble

col
07-03-2010, 22:58
My Son attempted to pull off my drive late friday afternoon.

a god awful noise emitted from beneath !....i gets a phone call at work, " ive found some steel balls on the drive?."....so i checked beneath my legs (everything in order),,,,,,,,,"cv joint "i said.

Got home pushed his citroen belingo van back up the drive.

phoned around, outer cv...£34.54 inc..........complete drveshaft £44.52.

a no brainer really.....complete cv shaft !

Job took 2 hours (ive never done a citroen) best thing was i coudnt find the gearbox oil filler.....eventually its part of the end casing....just a larger bolt......"which was nice" ive got to say i cursed a bit,as you do but wasnt a bad motor to work on,an parts very reasonable.

Wobba
07-03-2010, 23:01
My Son attempted to pull off my drive late friday afternoon.

a god awful noise emitted from beneath !....i gets a phone call at work, " ive found some steel balls on the drive?."....so i checked beneath my legs (everything in order),,,,,,,,,"cv joint "i said.

Got home pushed his s**troen belingo van back up the drive.

phoned around, outer cv...£34.54 inc..........complete drveshaft £44.52.

a no brainer really.....complete cv shaft !

Job took 2 hours (ive never done a s**troen) best thing was i coudnt find the gearbox oil filler.....eventually its part of the end casing....just a larger bolt......"which was nice" ive got to say i cursed a bit,as you do but wasnt a bad motor to work on,an parts very reasonable.

Shit thats cheap. Nice. I hate filling gearboxes, stuff is so slow to go down!

Matty86
07-03-2010, 23:21
" ive found some steel balls on the drive?."....so i checked beneath my legs (everything in order),,,,,,,,,

:lol:

16v_paddy
08-03-2010, 23:47
" ive found some steel balls on the drive?."....so i checked beneath my legs (everything in order),,,,,,,,,

:lol: :lol: http://www.kaflooey.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/magnum_pi_tom_selleck.jpg :lol: :lol:

col
09-03-2010, 21:06
Cheers Paddy,.......if only i had as much on top :cry:

16v_paddy
09-03-2010, 22:04
http://socialbaron.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/jungle-bird-magnum1.jpg

That any better? :lol:

col
09-03-2010, 22:16
:lol: :lol: :lol: .......much more like me :roll: