PDA

View Full Version : TOUR of MULL 2010

cliorod
06-03-2010, 12:07
From problems arising arising over the past few years :cry: :cry: and the MAJOR problems with the cattle on the stages last year ,as a competitor I recieved this OFFICIAL statement.

At a meeting on 4th March, Committee members of the 2300 Club decided unanimously that the Tour of Mull will not take place in October 2010. The decision will not be re-considered.

Enthusiasm in the Club has been hugely reduced by the serious and potentially life-threatening problems that were encountered before, during and after the 2009 event.

There exist unresolved safety issues that expose both competitors and organisers; the competitors to risks beyond the natural hazards of Mull, and the organisers to possible litigation, which seems to be the way of the world these days in the face of the most innocent of intentions.

Furthermore, the organisers have grown weary of the increasing number of negative and critical comments about their running of the event. Recent publicity has elicited huge support for the Rally, and that support is acknowledged and the Committee is very grateful for it. Sadly, it has at the same time given voice to our detractors and those who think they know better how to run the Tour of Mull.

Each member of the Committee is an unpaid volunteer, pursuing a hobby at huge cost in both time and money. The organisers make, and have always made, a massive effort to put on the very best event of which they are capable. They are proud of the fact that The Tour of Mull is very highly regarded as a motorsport and social event. There have always been problems and criticisms of one sort or another. Now the Committee’s overwhelming feeling is that the growing difficulties and increasingly bitter, often personal, confrontations have eclipsed the pleasure gained from running the Rally.

Tunnock’s, who have sponsored the Rally since 2005, fully support the Committee’s decision. As well as providing financial backing for the rally, each year they have provided the Island’s school children with items useful for their safety and comfort in addition to packs of their famous Caramel Wafers.

We will be reviewing our options for 2011 over the coming months. We will continue to present and fund the John Easson Award.

Neil Molyneux, Rally Chairman, 5th March 2010
:shock: :shock:

Talking with the owner of the B &B where we stop,the Island in genneral stands to lose around £3.5 MILLION pounds in extra revenue :oops: :oops: As you can imagine,the residents are less than happy :cry: :cry: .Approx 97% of the islanders actively support the event,by various means :P :P But I think the threat of litigation etc by the remaining few is too big a risk,for the 2300 Club to undertake ~~ I hope it is only for this year :cry:

Evogone
06-03-2010, 12:19
Shame.

There are always a few that spoil the many.....

Tossers..

ollie16v
06-03-2010, 13:39
What a shame, theres always one .......

MAXIBOY
06-03-2010, 14:30
seems to be the way of the world..what with people complaining about noise after moving next to a motor racing circuit and a few selfish idiots that can legally ruin the enjoyment of thousands of others..

the uk is going downhill fast..

Wobba
06-03-2010, 19:37
Makes me sick. We put up with too much bollocks in the UK.

GavinMccoull
06-03-2010, 20:18
Makes me sick. We put up with too much bollocks in the UK.

Totally agree!