Shite

Justin..
05-03-2010, 22:28
Nah its not too bad, there's pretty much every kind of shop you need nearby

Traffic can be a tw@ though

Where abouts in So'ton you looking at?

vkosho
05-03-2010, 23:31
just the whole place in general. Been down a few times and it seemed pretty nice.

How about the social scene??

ThRaXaIR
06-03-2010, 01:04
as a middle man.... not as good as manchester

social scene that is :P

vkosho
07-03-2010, 03:18
Im sick of manchester tbh. Quite fancy a change. ive got a job interview in southampton this week so il probs check some places out. Would be a big change though.

LEIGH-ANNE
08-03-2010, 19:31
Gimme a shout, i remember you from the fcs last year

I can give you some details if ur looking to live down here - where not to live etc take u for a little tour or something

vkosho
08-03-2010, 19:54
sweet as...pm'd

16v_paddy
09-03-2010, 00:32
It's full of miserable, anti-social, useless, southern shandy drinkers :P

LEIGH-ANNE
09-03-2010, 21:23
Enough of ur crap Lee

16v_paddy
09-03-2010, 21:36
:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

He asked for an honest answer so I gave it :roll: I know, I've lived amongst the heathens before :lol:

Wobba
12-03-2010, 00:56
To be fair, there are a lot of miserable ignorant assholes here, but you'll find that anywhere and I have been to worse places, Portsmouth for example.

There are also some decent people about and as a place, Southampton has a lot of history.

It got bombed flat in WW2, not much survived apart from a few old places like the Bargate, Roman walls and the Red Lion pub (they hung a King in there a few hundred years ago from the rafters).

Titanic was launched from here, and we have one of the most impressive Naval histories in the World. We also have the most expensive stretch of water in the World here as well, the Solent. As such there is a vast array of nautical activities open to people should they like messing about in the water.

The social scene has boomed in recent years due to the influx of money from students, so have immigrants from the new EU states such as Poland and Romania. Many of them are very nice folk, though of course as with anyone, some are not so nice.

There are some nice places to live and you have various options depending on taste and your financial muscle. You may want to live in town where the action is, there are quite a few good properties about, likewise on the outskirts.

If you have lowered suspension, please bear in mind some of the roads suck. Bit further out of town, either in the New Forest or north near Winchester there are some really good driving roads, but there can be heavy traffic too sometimes.

Personally I'd prefer to live in Bournemouth, but it's a bit too far from work.

vkosho
12-03-2010, 04:56
wow thanks wobba. Nice bit of indepth history for me there. I was down there over the past few days. I have a few friends and a cousin there who seem to like it quite a bit. Nearly saw Leighanne too who was gonna show me round a bit but ended up having to mission back wednesday night to sort some shit out.

Its a totaly different vibe from manchester but it seems fairly sound. Im used to arseholes and potholes too lol, I think its pretty much the same everywhere in the uk so that wouldnt put me off. I tend to get on with immigrants pretty well too for some strange reason. To be honest the whole move would be based on me completing my qualifications and working pretty hard so im not in it for the music or scene etc.

Quite like the thought of living by the sea even thought theres no beach, and within easier reach of london and the south west for family reasons. Not to mention living near all your fine selves, and yeh the new forrest park looks pretty sweet.

Im down again next week for the whole week. If all goes well and i can find a cheap potential living situation then its pretty much a goer. Hopefully might see some of you around.
:D

LEIGH-ANNE
12-03-2010, 15:19
Did u get me txt tom??

Yea its cool no worries anyway! Glad u had a good few days down here anyway

Im just very very happy that the north are losing a williams 1 and us southerners are gaining another...not to mention my find earlier today :D :lol: 8) :wink: :twisted:

vkosho
12-03-2010, 18:20
Yes i did thanks.

My car deffinatly bats for both sides lol, I bought it from brighton but it came from leicester originally i think it likes to move around.

What did you find??

Wobba
13-03-2010, 22:31
Yes i did thanks.

My car deffinatly bats for both sides lol, I bought it from brighton but it came from leicester originally i think it likes to move around.

What did you find??

She found another Willy to play with! No. 25.

Let us know how it goes, we need someone new to steal parts off :D

vkosho
14-03-2010, 05:10
haha, il be the one doin the part stealing :D