PDA

View Full Version : ROLLING ROAD RESULTS - PINK RALLY CLIO

Evogone
03-03-2010, 15:13
Well just got back from the rollers with the Clio. Summary is car transfored.....What a joy to drive! [:Y:]

Got down there a bit late due to traffic (bloody road works) not good with a poorly mapped stalling car with super keen clutch.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm290/Evogone/P1020611.jpg

Firstly the car wouldnt start so had to get the snap on super charger thing strapped on and a diagnosis of an alternator on its way out plus a potential dodgy connection somewhere possibly a master switch creating some resistance as the ECU needs 8v when cranking (same as my STAC dash dials). Anyways cars hubs where bolted to the hubs and away we go...

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm290/Evogone/P1020612.jpg

Quick look at the origional map and its was ermmm "very basic" was the term used. So of we went load mapping at the diferent rpms 2.5 3 3.5 4 etc then the first power run was 185 at the wheels @ 7k.. mmm not bad. Bit more fiddling about sorting all the flatspots out and we got a little more. Lets try it without the lambda probe stuck in the back of the exhaust 194@wheels.!!!

So in summary car produced 194@wheels at 7.2k and 181 lbs of torque at 6.3k, Pips feedback was that he was impressed with the results as it idles spot on and is very smooth, he was expecting 175-180ish. Pip went for a little drive and came back with "its got some power now, hold on tight to the steering wheel".

Graph below comapring it to my previous engine. Drives mint and its a LOT faster than before..!!!

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm290/Evogone/002.jpg

Just got to sort the breather system out and the voltage drop (alternator / masterswitch) etc and all ready for a proper shakedown.!

Evogone
03-03-2010, 15:34
awesome results Steve, bet you're well chuffed! :)

:D

Coops
03-03-2010, 15:42
8)

Evogone
03-03-2010, 16:40
when you racing next then?

Saturday April 17th at MIRA test track then Angelsey the weekend after.

geesus
03-03-2010, 16:41
very niiiiice

money well spent 8)

MatBrown
03-03-2010, 18:50
when you racing next then?

Saturday April 17th at MIRA test track then Angelsey the weekend after.

Ooh, MIRA.
Just down the road from me.

Mat.

northy
03-03-2010, 19:02
WGT hey - spent many a hour there waiting for my mates RX7 to be picked up.

stan
03-03-2010, 19:36
Poorly mapped?

It made exactly the same power etc ^^^ as it did when we done it. Like I said, it's most likely the bodies were thrown out of balance when the engine was removed, then refitted---it happens.

Did they not check the balance before mapping?

Good results, good luck with your next out.

Evogone
03-03-2010, 20:08
Poorly mapped?

It made exactly the same power etc ^^^ as it did when we done it. Like I said, it's most likely the bodies were thrown out of balance when the engine was removed, then refitted---it happens.

Did they not check the balance before mapping?

Good results, good luck with your next out.

Top level figures are only part of the story for any engine and frankly not the most importanmt thing. Alls that was done previous was full throttle mapping nothing at part load, car drove like a dog (did when in Matts car) anything less than full throttle particularly at 3 to 4k and the car bogged badly. He did mention transision from economy maps and such like but its not my thing. For any competition car (apart from i gues a drag car) its the drivability thats key and anything upto 4k at any part throttle was horrible. Throttle boddies balanced fine.

The car drives absolutely spot on now so thats alls i can go off. Pip the mapper was very complimentry of the engine said it ran very well particularly impressed how smooth idle was given the spec and gave more power than he would have expected.

Dont take it as a critisism i even put an APD sticker on the CAM cover for you.. :wink:

cliorod
03-03-2010, 20:14
then Angelsey the weekend after.

OH YEAH :lol: :lol: Have you put an entry in :shock: :? :shock:

Looking forward to recieving it Steve :wink: :wink:

See you there :wink: :wink:

Rod

Evogone
03-03-2010, 20:20
then Angelsey the weekend after.

OH YEAH :lol: :lol: Have you put an entry in :shock: :? :shock:

Looking forward to recieving it Steve :wink: :wink:

See you there :wink: :wink:

Rod

Sywnerton is a great venue and just down the road for me but it not a point scoring round in the ANWCC so...Angelsey it is. My first rally in the pink car was the Lee Holland 2 years ago.!

cliokongen
03-03-2010, 22:13
WOW! :D

northy
03-03-2010, 22:15
EvoUK - i need payment for the trackday at anglesey this month, please can you sort payment out asap

U have read my pm ?