PDA

View Full Version : ABS light on

staccato
01-03-2010, 14:58
My abs light comes on when driving, but the funny thing is the abs still works as it kicked in earlier, and when I engage reverse gear, the light immediately goes out. Then it comes on again once the car begins doing about 10mph upwards. On occasion it's not come on for a whole journey.

Any help much appreciated as I've been told it's not a simple plug-in diagnostic job.

northy
01-03-2010, 16:42
pull each plug out of the housing, clean grease and refit. do this on all 4 corners and see if its any better

staccato
01-03-2010, 17:35
pull each plug out of the housing, clean grease and refit. do this on all 4 corners and see if its any better

ok thanks. Will the plugs be at the brake end or the engine end?

northy
01-03-2010, 20:21
wheel ends.

The sensor has a short bit of cable which plugs into the main loom.

front - you can find were it disappears into the engine bay both sides

Rear - is under drivers rear sill near the jacking point from memory. Its drivers or pass side. White round plugs is what your lucking for.

jw
01-03-2010, 20:54
you should try and clean up the abs rings on the back of the discs this should solve your problem they end up getting so corroded that a proper contact cant be achieved you can clean with a bit of sand paper!

staccato
02-03-2010, 12:17
ok I wiggled the big push connector on the top of the abs unit last nite and for 2 journeys the light has not come on. Fingers crossed it was a dirty/broken contact or something