PDA

View Full Version : clio hybrid keeps cutting out

kermack
28-02-2010, 23:43
the car keeps cutting out when I've stopped and is idling erratically. Ive tried putting new plugs in but still the same. has anyone had this problem before and can you help. another thing when I'm changing down to second gear its catching the gear teeth. just put the new box in with f7r engine in august the last box broke cause the cars to low. so don't now if this is going the same way. by the way getting the suspension changed to 35mm instead of 50mm soon maybe left it too late. or can this be some other problem ?

thaijedi
01-03-2010, 09:35
I had sim problem thorught it was the cluch as i had grinding wile finding some gears.

Turned out to be a little plastic covered stud that sits in the casing when the box was off you could see that it was worn was tricky replacing it. Mine cuts out once in 3-4 wks think its a falty relay its booked in the garage nx wk so will let you no if thats the course

Coops
01-03-2010, 11:07
check the idle control valve for the idle and cutting out issues

lowness shouldnt affect gearbox really unless your talking 100mm down or something so driveshafts are at a truly rediculous angle :lol:

Lunner
01-03-2010, 14:19
Garages like to blame all sorts of things on cars being low

Wobba
01-03-2010, 16:04
has anyone had this problem before...

lol