PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of this?

bill.
27-02-2010, 07:44
Well I've found myself looking at bloody clio's again :roll: , as much as i love the tubby, it just isn't practical with a baby lol, so unfortunatley its going to have to go, so this could be the ideal chance to buy a dedicated track toy ( finally ) and a big barge of an estate to run daily.

this williams has caught my eye, whats peoples opinions on it? forget about the lights etc, i mean as a track toy, is 100mph going to be a enough on track? i seem to remember hitting that in my valver on silverstone, ( only track i've been on ) is this speed enoungh for all the other tracks out there?

cheers

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110496396413&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

zmaster2k
27-02-2010, 08:26
lush spec! but for that kinda miney id buy the nana!

Wobba
27-02-2010, 12:36
You need to ask him how the ratio system for the gears has been set up with the LSD. With Gripper diffs you can specify a bolt on crown wheel which I believe is relatively easy to remove (for rally teams at events for example) and swap for a different one, changing the ratio's to longer or shorter gearing.

Looks fun!

wrighty
27-02-2010, 12:36
I agree, this has been for sale for some time before. I am sure to the right person it is a very good buy for a similar task to what it has been built for.

Looks like a nice motor all the same.

2 live
27-02-2010, 13:17
doesnt say anything about a cage tho....surely if the cars been built for said purpose, thatd be the first thing to go in.

looks around same spec as nana bar the fuel cell......and its a williams....my money would be on this tbh. no sunroof to leak or owt.

doesnt look a bad buy tbh, altho a little steep.

bill.
01-03-2010, 17:46
You need to ask him how the ratio system for the gears has been set up with the LSD. With Gripper diffs you can specify a bolt on crown wheel which I believe is relatively easy to remove (for rally teams at events for example) and swap for a different one, changing the ratio's to longer or shorter gearing.

Looks fun!

just emailed him, awaits response, will be very blunt going off his last response lol, not sure i'd want the costs/hassle tbh though

bill.
01-03-2010, 17:47
oh he said he'd rebuilt the engine himself, would this put people off, or would it not bother you given he has all the receipts etc

Wobba
01-03-2010, 18:31
oh he said he'd rebuilt the engine himself, would this put people off, or would it not bother you given he has all the receipts etc

If it works, it fine. People generally like to make sure the car they are driving isn't a piece of shit if they can help it :) Worst that can happen is it blows up. No big deal.

Danno
02-03-2010, 15:13
i know of this car and the guy, he told me that it was used for sprints/hill climbs etc etc, bit of a smart arse - or at least thats the way he came across, if what he said was true, he'd put loads of money into it.

col
02-03-2010, 20:11
He didnt put a rollcage in, wants to save weight even emptying washer bottle...........read q an a at bottom :shock: for road legal category doesnt have to have one.....nutter!

1995clio16v
03-03-2010, 00:38
He didnt put a rollcage in, wants to save weight even emptying washer bottle...........read q an a at bottom :shock: for road legal category doesnt have to have one.....nutter!

Lol Col. Is that you that put that question to him!? Love the way its been asked. Couldnt stop laughing!

Sure theres nothing wrong with the car, but this has been for sale for, well, id say a year. Probably not many peeps cuppa thats way.

bill.
04-03-2010, 00:32
i know of this car and the guy, he told me that it was used for sprints/hill climbs etc etc, bit of a smart arse - or at least thats the way he came across, if what he said was true, he'd put loads of money into it.

have you actually seen the car mate? does it look in good nick if so? ie. rusty arches etc?

bill.
04-03-2010, 00:33
Looks like the mr2 is going, so i might just take a gander at it :D

simonr85
04-03-2010, 15:22
haha i thought u wud be back to the clios after how long it took you to answer that question about do u prefer the williams or the mister2!

bill.
04-03-2010, 16:14
haha i thought u wud be back to the clios after how long it took you to answer that question about do u prefer the williams or the mister2!

mmmmmmmm, there was a bit of hesitating wasn't there lol, i want my tyres back! :lol:

bill.
05-03-2010, 00:58
so what do we all think this car is worth? 3k? cosidering there is itb 'd williams out there for around this price.

simonr85
05-03-2010, 13:38

mmmmmmmm, there was a bit of hesitating wasn't there lol, i want my tyres back! :lol:

£40 each lol :lol:

bill.
05-03-2010, 20:14

£40 each lol :lol:

no thanks not for remoulds! :muahaha: :wink:

northy
05-03-2010, 23:20
so what do we all think this car is worth? 3k? cosidering there is itb 'd williams out there for around this price.

its worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

No car is selling well at the minute.

bill.
06-03-2010, 01:15

its worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

No car is selling well at the minute.

mines just sold the same day i advertised it, without even being veiwed :wink:

northy
06-03-2010, 11:16
the car must have been known then - you can sell my car for me in a few months ; )

bill.
06-03-2010, 13:43
the car must have been known then - you can sell my car for me in a few months ; )

yeah, its known on the mr2 site :wink: , which car you selling? you have a few dont you?

Danno
06-03-2010, 15:07

have you actually seen the car mate? does it look in good nick if so? ie. rusty arches etc?

yeah ive seen it, however it was about 2 yrs ago, it was mint bodywork wise, but as we all know, it don't take long for the rust to set in. I personally wouldn't buy an empty bean can off him, due to the fact that he once had me when i bought summat off him. this is a personal vendetta though so get down there and have a look

bill.
08-03-2010, 23:05
well the mr2's going on saturday all being well, and i should be left with about 3k after i buy my daily runner for a track toy, so unless he's going to budge a bit, i'll be keeping eyes out for others, dont really know if i want to send upto 3k on one tbh, we'll see..........

he sounds a bit of a c*ck with his emails!

wrighty
08-03-2010, 23:23
There are others about for a healthy budget like that. I just got one with tarox 6 pots, custom exhaust, supersprint mani, piper cams and vernier pulleys and ecu map to suit for quite a bit less.

I would also not be happy giving my hard earned cash to someone who seems a bit of a male hen.

bill.
09-03-2010, 16:21
yeah, i suppose i'll just have to wait for the right one to come along, the one in the above link is tempting as its in my town, but not for that price.

bill.
02-04-2010, 22:29
this thing just keeps getting relisted, same price aswell :shock:

Wobba
03-04-2010, 00:51
Looking at this again and knowing more about the mods he has there I would say it is worth it. The top speed can easily be sorted with a quick visit to gripper. Find out if the block still has the OE bits for the doff to give it standard top speed. Not hard to swap when diff is out.

If you stuck ITB's on top of this it would be a seriously loopy car.

stevie_b
05-04-2010, 11:55
Yes, it is a good basis and would be a lot cheaper than buying a standard car and getting it up to the same spec. Trouble is, if you really want to continue using it in sprints and hillclimbs you'd need to check the rulebook carefully. I know in the SE events you'd either need to source an interior to stick back in it (does he still have this he could include in the sale?) to run in the standard production classes, or as Wobba says you'd need to go all out and whack ITBs, etc. in it and run with the wildly modified ;-)