PDA

View Full Version : quality bodyshops in northwestish england?

vkosho
25-02-2010, 00:31
Who can recommend a really decent bodywork pro around the northwestish or anywhere really as i dont mind driving further for decent work. Im having difficulty finding somewhere i know i can trust it to.

Just after an old pro really and preferably someone whos worked on mk1 clios before. Im looking to get o/s maybe both new sills welded in and some minor rear arch work as well as resealing the lot.

Cheers

northy
25-02-2010, 09:16
depends how good you want a bodyshop.

£500 good?

£2000 good?

£7000 good ?

MatrixGuy
25-02-2010, 13:40
£7k?! :shock: don't think anyone would pay that!

simonr85
25-02-2010, 14:03
£7k?! :shock: don't think anyone would pay that!

you would be surprised, my mate used to work in a prestige sprayshop and 1 guy used to bring his ferrari in every few months for a full back to metal respray, costing around that price, if not more!

Carole Anne
25-02-2010, 14:16
Who can recommend a really decent bodywork pro around the northwestish or anywhere really as i dont mind driving further for decent work. Im having difficulty finding somewhere i know i can trust it to.

Just after an old pro really and preferably someone whos worked on mk1 clios before. Im looking to get o/s maybe both new sills welded in and some minor rear arch work as well as resealing the lot.

Cheers

I need exactly the same bits doing maybe we could get a job lot lol.

vkosho
25-02-2010, 18:17
Im thinkin like 500-700 good tops!

Respray every few months!!! Bloody tosser with too much money for sure.

vkosho
25-02-2010, 18:21
I know theres people out there who will do the work i need for 500ish. I just want someone whos gonna do it right for that amount.

Jamie.
25-02-2010, 18:48
Sorry I have no suggestions. Maybe you could go through the Yellow pages and look for accident repairers. Then, go down and see their work and get a quote.

I think, I'd go with a biggish co' that way if they do it wrong I'd be back hassling like no tomorrow.

Maybe worth paying more for that peace of mind.

talkingfish
25-02-2010, 18:49
If you want to come over the peaks then try LW Smart repairs in Alfreton... he did all the restore work on my Williams and also did all the latest work on Coop's turbo so he know's Mk1's quite well.... I'm happy to recommend them to anyone... if you go, tell him I sent you and I'm sure he'll do you a good rate!!

vkosho
25-02-2010, 19:46
If you want to come over the peaks then try LW Smart repairs in Alfreton... he did all the restore work on my Williams and also did all the latest work on Coop's turbo so he know's Mk1's quite well.... I'm happy to recommend them to anyone... if you go, tell him I sent you and I'm sure he'll do you a good rate!!

Sounds like the kinda thing im looking for. Thanks.

Cheers as well jamie although im sceptical about large companys. Id rather make sure its done right by a single persona i can trust and hopefully not have to go back at all.

MatrixGuy
25-02-2010, 21:03
I was recommended these from a mate on here.

http://www.tridentbodyshop.co.uk/

If you buy genuine Renault arches they will guarantee for 5 years. They can weld in a part panel but thats only guaranteed for 1 year!

fasterthanjesus
26-02-2010, 09:52
trident are very good. speak to rob, tell him dave sent you!

they have courtesy cars and all jobs were superb. no repeat jobs!

MatrixGuy
27-02-2010, 00:52
trident are very good. speak to rob, tell him dave sent you!

they have courtesy cars and all jobs were superb. no repeat jobs!

What courtesy car did you get mate?