PDA

View Full Version : Coil over spring rates for track/race use

cliokongen
24-02-2010, 22:23
I only use my Mk.1 Hybrid for track use.
I am looking into playing around with spring rates for different tracks.

Unfortunately the indication of spring rate is no longer visible on the springs i use now. They are very hard though - found an old note in some set up sheets used by the previous owner (of the dampers) which says 650 lb/in.

Ideally i would like something softer and something a little bit harder.
Might be worth noting im using Leda coilovers with 2,5" ID springs.

Which rates do you use for your track toys?
Any info appreciated... :D

Michael

Wobba
25-02-2010, 00:22
Think my AVO's are 250lb standard. At the ride height, and max damper setting, they are probably way too harsh for the roads where I live which are appalling for a developed country.

The J&R's non adjustable coilovers are even harder and they use helper springs. Good fun tho.

650lb is massive.

cliokongen
25-02-2010, 00:36
Hmm.. Thanks Wobba.. The Avo's are probably more road oriented with the occasional trackday in mind....?

TBH my Leda's with those springs does not feel harsh at all.
Mayby i've just learned to live with it! :D

MAXIBOY
25-02-2010, 00:43
think i'm running 350ft/lb front springs on the maxi...

richy
25-02-2010, 00:47
my ledas run 250lb springs with matched torsion bars

cliokongen
25-02-2010, 00:55
Very interesting...
I think i will need to get some different spring options.

Richy: Are your Leda's 2,5" ID?

Michael

Wobba
25-02-2010, 14:34
The AVO's are fast road use technically, but I find they are at their best on track.

I actually had an email from a guy called Matt Courtnage at Leda a few days ago about this. He said they recommend 250lb for fast road and occasional track use, but didn't mention pure track cars. He only stated that for the road going Leda's the warranty does not extend to damage or wear and tear from track day use :/

Lunner
25-02-2010, 15:14
The AVO's are fast road use technically, but I find they are at their best on track.

I actually had an email from a guy called Matt Courtnage at Leda a few days ago about this. He said they recommend 250lb for fast road and occasional track use, but didn't mention pure track cars. He only stated that for the road going Leda's the warranty does not extend to damage or wear and tear from track day use :/

Yeah but they have to prove that the car has been used on track....;)

richy
25-02-2010, 19:41
Very interesting...
I think i will need to get some different spring options.

Richy: Are your Leda's 2,5" ID?

Michael

yes they are 2.5" ID

cliokongen
26-02-2010, 00:24

Can i have his contact information by PM please...
I need spare parts for my Ledas. :)