PDA

View Full Version : Central locking

li4m_l
18-02-2010, 13:57
Hi, ii've just baught a Mk1 1.8 16v and the Centeral Locking dosent seem to be working. The light on the key is working so i'm guessing the Battery's are fine but i think while the car was in the garage the car battery mite of been flat and reset it or something, just wondered if anybody would have any idea how i mite be able to get it working again? Thanks :)

Wobba
18-02-2010, 14:02
Disconnect battery, remove the shrouding for the interior light switch and infra red receiver. have a look about at the electrics. Sometimes they get fried due to leaking from the arial seals.

Also, it could be that both the central door locking mechanisms have gone. When you press the fob is there any audible noise at all from all three doors? Unlikely to be all three duff though.

there may be some kind of fuse or relay. Invest in a Haynes manual.

Wobba
18-02-2010, 14:05
Oh, I forgot, a way to test if it's the fob or the door solenoids is to press the emergency door lock switch and see if they activate then. Next to gear lever.

li4m_l
18-02-2010, 14:16
Yeah it works when you press the emergancy button, just doesnt when you press the key. Theres snothing missing inside the car and im not sure what. Its like inbetween the two sensors for the alarm, infront of the sun roof button