PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME QUICK!!!!

jayzer
21-07-2005, 22:02
Hi, im looking at a Williams 1. Its a tuned one, does a gd 50 odds in 1st and 140 in 4th!

Now, this is going to be my track car for ragging round the race tracks!!

can someone please tell me how these cars handle????

ive been told theyre rubbish but ive also been told theyre mini-super car eaters' on country roads etc.

Thanx v.much

Enid
21-07-2005, 22:04
Standard handling I doubt you'll find much better to be honest. These cars were born with british b roads in their blood lol, its what there renowned for and anyone to tells you otherwise is an arse!

jayzer
21-07-2005, 22:06
Thanx mate. So its a recommended track car by u??

u got vids of urs or any of ur mates?

Enid
21-07-2005, 22:10
Speak to Mark Ritchspeed on here, he has a track prepped Williams and its awesome!! I've not tracked mine so I can't really comment on that side of things but on B roads its a real blast!!

edde
21-07-2005, 22:34
Its superb.
I'm not going to start an argument but mines got 180hp or so although its all top end 5k+ also ligthendd with coilovers and its faster than a 172/182/ 225 on the straight and even better on the bends(althouth the 182 trophy is probaly very similar to mine). Just make sure you have the right offset allloys, I use dynamic alloys and they don't make the car handle as well.
On standard suspension a stock car is a force to be reconed with on the road. For track work there are better springs/ shocks combination for long life and hanlding potential but its still superb. I think even a stock car is better for track work than many other fast cars.
On the track I've found mines faster than 350Z and TVR 350C's, M3's and its about as quick maybe better now that I've got better brakes sicne when I went out with the Elise my brakes didn't exist.
You must have spent a fortune or have some funny box to get those speeds out of it.
I bought my car for track days etc and its superb for the price. A 182 with simialr mods to mine would be £16k and say be just as quick but mine cost less then the mods would cost to get 200hp from a 182.

jayzer
22-07-2005, 08:49
Its superb.
I'm not going to start an argument but mines got 180hp or so although its all top end 5k+ also ligthendd with coilovers and its faster than a 172/182/ 225 on the straight and even better on the bends(althouth the 182 trophy is probaly very similar to mine). Just make sure you have the right offset allloys, I use dynamic alloys and they don't make the car handle as well.
On standard suspension a stock car is a force to be reconed with on the road. For track work there are better springs/ shocks combination for long life and hanlding potential but its still superb. I think even a stock car is better for track work than many other fast cars.
On the track I've found mines faster than 350Z and TVR 350C's, M3's and its about as quick maybe better now that I've got better brakes sicne when I went out with the Elise my brakes didn't exist.
You must have spent a fortune or have some funny box to get those speeds out of it.
I bought my car for track days etc and its superb for the price. A 182 with simialr mods to mine would be £16k and say be just as quick but mine cost less then the mods would cost to get 200hp from a 182.

Sound, u got any vids of urs?? is it really that quick?

northy
22-07-2005, 08:57
Hi, im looking at a Williams 1. Its a tuned one, does a gd 50 odds in 1st and 140 in 4th!

ive been told theyre rubbish but ive also been told theyre mini-super car eaters' on country roads etc.

Thanx v.much

Hi mate - welcome to the club.

Is the higlighted statement true buddy ??? what the hell does the car rev too to get to 140mph in 4th ?

Standard should be - 80ish in 3rd, 110 in 4th and to the limiter in 5th @ 135 / 140

Have you bought this car yet ???? Sounds like it has a diesel clio gearbox fitted to it like kellys, and jesus's did.

Williamsclio - the best hot hotch hatch money can buy.

2 live
22-07-2005, 09:24
well the williams as a track car....cant get much better tbh mate. in std trim.for the price

iv been held up by evo's on track, lapping not far behind some 911 turbos, scoobys etc, have lapped quicker than teg type r's scoobys evos other porkas, some raris, but then mine is a little quicker than normal and runs coilovers too, only the brakes let it down on track really

as northy said tho, sounds like u have a diesel box in, which will give u a huge flat spot mid range, and could spoil ur fun on the track a little.....unless its modded to fuk with a fancy box

J o n
22-07-2005, 09:50
sounds like my old box, that was

1st - 40ish

2nd - 65-70ish

3rd - 100-105

4th - 140+

5th - off the clock by about an inch or so...

The problem was I change gear and the car drops well of cam, so in 5th you need a slight downhill to get it back into cam... similar in 4th, but if your going slightly up hill it simply will not pull... i'd be careful buying one with a gearbox like that, it caused severe damage to my clutch and flywheel too aparently :? Buy mine instead, it's prolly faster and only has 26k on the engine :D

Slithers
22-07-2005, 09:59
sounds like my old box, that was

1st - 40ish

2nd - 65-70ish

3rd - 100-105

4th - 140+

5th - off the clock by about an inch or so...

The problem was I change gear and the car drops well of cam, so in 5th you need a slight downhill to get it back into cam... similar in 4th, but if your going slightly up hill it simply will not pull... i'd be careful buying one with a gearbox like that, it caused severe damage to my clutch and flywheel too aparently :? Buy mine instead, it's prolly faster and only has 26k on the engine :D

Shameless plug jon......but a good call, buy jesus' car its divine :lol:

J o n
22-07-2005, 10:02
haha, well, mine sounds better than one with a dodgy box... and from past experience I know NOT to buy a Reno with high ratio'd boxes! lol

edde
22-07-2005, 17:42
Sound, u got any vids of urs?? is it really that quick?

Yep it is quick I'd imagine its around 900kg loaded with me and a full tank and with 180hp thats about 200hp/ton. Plus its speed it can carry through bends is amazing.
Even with 200hp/ton thats till more than FRS, 350z, Impretza have.
I've not got any track videos of it as I've no mount Martins posted some videos of the car in straight line speed (it used to be his Williams) but I will need to get some vids made up probaly leave it the roll cage goes in and make a mount for the roll cage.

Dancliovalver
22-07-2005, 17:49

Thanx v.much

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA who told u that one???? :wink:

Andyvalver
23-07-2005, 12:45
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b146/Andyvalver/IMG_1996.jpg

Nuff said there i think :shock:

1fast6
24-07-2005, 12:50
^^ Christ! :P ^^

Martin
24-07-2005, 17:37
2live's vid from oulton park gives you a good idea what the williams is about.. :twisted: ]

the camera car is a rapid tweaked saxo vts btw..

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=jonpassing91