PDA

View Full Version : Cam Pulleys on the F7R - Is it a known fault???

reno16v
13-02-2010, 21:00
Hi Guys,
My willys just stopped suddenly whilst on tick over on my drive,there were no noises etc. After investigation it was found that the inlet cam pulley had ceased frombrea turning due to the cam pulley 'key'
breaking off thus loosing the drive. I may be lucky and have no valve damage, just got to do a pressure test. Has any one experienced this????

Has any 1 got a pulley available for me to buy? need 1 ASAP

Regards,

Ian

zmaster2k
13-02-2010, 21:26
was it a kent pully? or a stnaderd pully?

kent are knwon to fail

reno16v
13-02-2010, 21:29
standard pulley.do you know where i could get another quickly?

MatBrown
13-02-2010, 21:42
I have one.

Mat.

stan
13-02-2010, 22:42
I've got loads, only 25mins away in Ystradgynlais.

Wobba
13-02-2010, 23:25
With Mat's relentless destruction of all things Clio, and Stan churning out replacement Cat Cam upgrades they will have the monopoly on stuff like this between 'em!

robi1000
14-02-2010, 16:42
I had a similar problem. You might want to check your cams. In my case, bolt holding pulley on the cam sheared off. I thought that was it, but after carefoul inspection I found out that my cam was broken. A part of the disc that holds the cam from floating back and forth (this is where my vocabulary fails) broke off and siezed my cam, causing the bolt to shear. Long story short, check why your pulley failed, otherwise you can cause even more damage.

And as far as I know, std pulley failiure is not very common (so that the pulleys would break out of the blue, there's usually the reason for it).

preston420
14-02-2010, 16:45
thats exactly wots jus happened to mine mate ^

MatBrown
14-02-2010, 17:45
thats exactly wots jus happened to mine mate ^

It was that in the end then?

Mat.

preston420
14-02-2010, 18:46
yea took the head off and the rest of wot need to be done to find the pully loose and that the pin bolt had snaped and its not done the cam any good really mate but hopefully a very good guy buy the name of stan (craig) from ap developments is helping me out hes the only one i trust now and of course u matt wen i pop down for parts ;) no dout see u soon its a neva ending thing with this car alls i want is it to be rite so one day i can put her away for them hot summer days.