PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with goodridge hoses

Brealbags
12-02-2010, 23:39
I have a valver which im fitting with willy widetrack. I bought the 'goodridge 16v/williams' hoses from a company on ebay thinking they would be the correct length. Evidently they are not and iv read some past topics on here stating that other people have had the same problem.

They obviously make one length of hose for both cars even though the track is wider on the willy, resulting on the hoses pulling and eventually failing.

I have contacted the ebay company stating that they are too short and would like them swapping for R19 ones and had this reply ;

''Hi

We have spoken to Goodridge and they are confused as to why the kit wouldn't fit. The specifications of the hose kit have been given to them by Renault and it is one of their best selling kits. They say that they have never had any other complaints about the fitment so don't understand why it would be incorrect for your vehicle. Is it possible that you could take a photo of the Goodridge brake lines against your originals to show the differences? Also could you confirm if you have the original brakes on your vehicle or if they have been modified in any way from the standard specification? Thanks.

Regards

Emma
ModWorld Limited

- mod-world''

Any advise on this please?

vkosho
13-02-2010, 02:22
Thats bollocks what they said. But then again modworld sounds sketch as..

You need the R19 ones.

MatBrown
13-02-2010, 09:00
So have you actually tried fitting them yet?

Mat.

LEIGH-ANNE
13-02-2010, 10:38
My williams ones failed after driving back from brands hatch and during its MOT brake test! :shock:

I still have them at home too.

But yea people advise on the 19 ones

Wobba
13-02-2010, 12:46
Just tell them it's a known problem and one Goodridge are aware of as we have bloody well blasted on about this for years to them.

Seriously, they should have sorted this problem out years ago. It's about time we made them sort it out.

Brealbags
14-02-2010, 13:17
I havent tried fitting them yet because that would stop them swapping them for R19 ones.

I measured them up against my valver ones i took off and they are the same length. Apart from the NS valver hose which is shorter anyway. I didnt know that.

Id rather keep them in the box and try and get them swapped just for peice of mind

FlamingMonkey
15-02-2010, 09:36
I got the wrong ones, I emailed goodridge, they were very helpful, sent me some correct length ones out and I got the keep the old ones.

Send them an email.

See here http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31101&highlight=goodridge

katbloke
15-02-2010, 12:19
yep mine failed got some custom length Hels made up, fit perfectly

Brealbags
16-02-2010, 00:33
i could email goodridge directly but i got them from an ebay company not directly from goodridge. Therefore i doubt they will be as helpful with me. The ebay company (modworld) is like a middleman at the min il see how i go with getting them swapped. Then il contact goodridge

Brealbags
16-02-2010, 00:44
if i get the kit swapped to R19 are the rear hoses still the same?

FlamingMonkey
16-02-2010, 09:44
i could email goodridge directly but i got them from an ebay company not directly from goodridge. Therefore i doubt they will be as helpful with me. The ebay company (modworld) is like a middleman at the min il see how i go with getting them swapped. Then il contact goodridge

I bought mine from Lunner off here, they were second hand also and I had tried to fit them and failed as they were too short, I didnt send anything to them, all I did was email them, told them the story, they then sent me some new ones through and I still kept the old ones.

Brealbags
16-02-2010, 13:41
Yeah i read the thread. Sounds like they were really helpful but the email from modworld that i got suggests that they are not been helpful at all.

I might just write to goodridge myself then. Cant really trust these 3rd party companys anyway can you.

Brealbags
17-02-2010, 23:29
ok modworld have agreed to swap them but they say that they cant guarantee r19 hoses will fit my car.

As we know that they will, i will ask them to exchange them.

Just to be sure though do i ask for 'R19 16v' or is just 'R19' the correct kit?

thanks

white16valver
18-02-2010, 02:02
I'd get the 16v ones as it will save hassles lol

Not sure if they were wider track or not but the chances are they'd be the best bet!

Wobba
18-02-2010, 09:13
r19 16v

Brealbags
18-02-2010, 18:27
thanks everyone il get this sorted