PDA

View Full Version : To sell or not to sell...........

big hp
21-07-2005, 21:44
Ok i've been made redundant and i'm looking at a career change and re-training. I'm seriously thinking about selling my williams and banking the money. The car doesn't owe me anything but I need to get a van and i'll be taking A 10K paycut for the next 2 years.

What would others do in my position?

Enid
21-07-2005, 21:47
It would be a shame if you sold the Willy but I guess you have to look toward the future. If the car owes you nothing then can't you just keep and and persue your career interests as well or is that not an option??

big hp
21-07-2005, 21:49
It is a viable option to keep the car. Just not really a practical one as it woulod hardly get used. Spose it would keep the mileage down.

Enid
21-07-2005, 21:50
Sounds like a listen to your heart or listen to your head situation, I hate those lol.

If you really enjoy the car then keep it I say!

big hp
21-07-2005, 21:52
Sounds like a listen to your heart or listen to your head situation, I hate those lol.

If you really enjoy the car then keep it I say!

Me too :roll:

Dancliovalver
21-07-2005, 23:42
i wanna do an aprretiship and i know for a fact i will have to get rid of the valver, but i know i cant afford it, if u think u an afford it KEEP IT
if not then sell it, end of the day when ue finished trainin just buy another one maybe a better one perhaps :wink:

Martin
21-07-2005, 23:44
I'd say unless you NEED the money keep it...it's not like it's gonna depriciate..(sp)

big hp
22-07-2005, 11:03
I've decided to keep it. Now i've actually been made redundant I realise I still need something that can make me smile whenever I drive it.

Money isn't a issue as insurance is cheap and I own the car.

It'll get little use but I know I looked ages for a nice one and will never find another one like i've already got. I'll reckon appreciate it more if it only gets used once a fortnight. :twisted:

Enid
22-07-2005, 12:36
Yay! Wise choice fella. :D

northy
22-07-2005, 12:57
keep it mate...too good a car to let it slip

fab
22-07-2005, 13:00
i am not working and still went and bought one even though i knew I had no funds coming in.
Listen its more than just a car.Its a fantasy.when you go to sleep at night and dream about which roads you would love to be on then the reason why you bought her will all come back.
i'm keeping mine cause to me the fantasy will become a reality again when its time.

Jamie.
22-07-2005, 14:07
KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!

nuf said :P