PDA

View Full Version : liability for damage to alloys when fitting tyres

talkingfish
31-01-2010, 14:37
had two new front tyres fitted on the missus' 197 yesterday.... got the car home, cleaned all the crap off the front wheels that they always leave to find that both alloys had been damaged...

where does the liability lie with this sort of situation..?? It was done via Blackcircles, the centre that installed them was a just a fitting centre...

It is with Blackcircles, is it with the fitting centre, or are they within their rights to say "sorry, damage can happen during installation"??

Jamie.
31-01-2010, 14:40
I'd be going back to who fitted them. If they damaged them it's their problem.

So not black circles.

MatrixGuy
31-01-2010, 14:44
Get back to the fitting centre.

This happened to my friend but they managed to get out of taking the blame somehow!!

Justin..
31-01-2010, 14:55
If you've left them there's no way you can prove they did the damage, you need to check them before you leave. Its like leaving a shop with the wrong change then goin back in claiming they short changed you

LEIGH-ANNE
31-01-2010, 15:07
If you've left them there's no way you can prove they did the damage, you need to check them before you leave. Its like leaving a shop with the wrong change then goin back in claiming they short changed you

Fraid to say i think justins right - but on the other hand, it might be worth a try... they can only say no fook off

Wobba
31-01-2010, 16:34
When I go to a place I say dont **** with my freshly refurbed alloys or I will kill you.

busterhymes
31-01-2010, 17:04
get onto consumer advice or office of fair trading both will advise, there is a specific format to follow with office of fair trading to pursue a claim i would definitely be doing something surprising what happens when they receive a letter indicating you will be pursue a claim against them i did that with a car i bought with both abs rings fractured the company had been ignoring me till that point then all of a sudden i get a call and a cheque dropped on the door mat two days later
if they are half decent they will have insurance for this type of problem and there is no excuse for damaging an alloy with the equipment available these days

thats my rant over wankers :wink:

MatBrown
31-01-2010, 17:26
Who you calling wankers? cocksucker!

Mat.

talkingfish
01-02-2010, 17:32
they have inspected the wheels today and they are going to repair them - the responsibility of the fitting centre it seems....

LEIGH-ANNE
01-02-2010, 17:46
Very lucky

Pleased for you :D

busterhymes
01-02-2010, 18:17
Who you calling wankers? cocksucker!

Mat.

can see how looks mat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: was a ref to the tyre fitters :oops:

MatBrown
01-02-2010, 19:09
they have inspected the wheels today and they are going to repair them - the responsibility of the fitting centre it seems....

Wonder if they use Perfection Alloys?

Mat.

talkingfish
01-02-2010, 20:38
I complained to Blackcircles, it seemed as though they were waiving a big stick at the tyre installation centre.. i.e. fix it or else...

white16valver
01-02-2010, 21:48
Good good :)

Jamie.
01-02-2010, 21:52
Pics of damage?

If they're repairing them it must be pretty bad.