PDA

View Full Version : Ditching the brackets

Wobba
28-01-2010, 23:02
I don't think I am the only person to believe the brackets used for the PS pump and alternator are an utter waste of good space. I mean, just look at the size of them for a start, and how crap a design they are. They make the water pump job ten times more long winded than it needs to be, and generally just get in the way and add weight

They do serve a function in keeping the PS and alternator lined up and keep the tensioner there too, but surely there is an easier way?

I want to eventually ditch the whole lot and replace them with lighter and smaller versions, but KEEP the PS on my car.

Is there a way of doing it without having the whole lot engineered from scratch?

schakal
28-01-2010, 23:04
electric p/s pump ftmfw imho .

ok . thx , bai :P

Wobba
28-01-2010, 23:13
Thought of that, but I hear the electric pumps may change the way the car feels too much so dont want that, even thought it would liberate power.

schakal
28-01-2010, 23:34
time to man up then ,simplesss

Wobba
29-01-2010, 00:07
Man up lolz, you mean go non ps don't you haha!

16v_paddy
29-01-2010, 00:12
Power steering is for girls :P go manual, feels better & you can ditch about 15kg unsprung weight :wink:

Wobba
29-01-2010, 00:58
Power steering is for girls :P go manual, feels better & you can ditch about 15kg unsprung weight :wink:

Too old+daily runner = Fuk that

16v_paddy
29-01-2010, 04:15

Too old+daily runner = f*k that

But you've stripped it out :roll: talk about hypocrite :P :lol:

I've got it on my daily & I'm gettin on a bit now as well :oops:

Wobba
29-01-2010, 16:22

Too old+daily runner = f*k that

But you've stripped it out :roll: talk about hypocrite :P :lol:

I've got it on my daily & I'm gettin on a bit now as well :oops:

Ok, so my car is denture rattling low and set to max harshness on coilovers, stripped and running the noisiest exhaust I can find...but I just wont give up the PS or standard adjustable comfy seats!

As for you 'getting on a bit', lol paddy! You're a young'un!