PDA

View Full Version : F***ing EU and their model reports and SVA testing

Mark_Ritchspeed
20-07-2005, 21:33
If it wasnt for the crappy eu rules which we adopted overnight earlier last year, I would have bought this today. Completley fully prepped seam-welded Impreza WRX rally car. My buyer phoned earlier and said he had something for me.

The only way of making it road legal in this country would be to do a ringer as its a 1997 vehicle. :evil:

The worst thing is it would only have cost me around £4.5k to make road legal without SVA and all that crap. Its probably worth twice that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Mark_Ritchspeed/Impreza-rally.jpg

richy
20-07-2005, 21:48
balls!!

BenR
20-07-2005, 22:02
whats the new regs?

edde
20-07-2005, 22:12
Could you not geat a crashed car and tell the dvla that the crashed cars been repaired and another engne stuck in then a few month later tell them the chassic numbers changed. You don't have to bother swopping any plates round as the rally car suddenly becomes the "repaired" crashed car.

What about sticking it in as a kit car?

Mark_Ritchspeed
20-07-2005, 22:28
whats the new regs?

When the model reports came out last year. Anything over 10 years old is just a straight MOT and no probs.

Mark_Ritchspeed
20-07-2005, 22:30
Could you not geat a crashed car and tell the dvla that the crashed cars been repaired and another engne stuck in then a few month later tell them the chassic numbers changed. You don't have to bother swopping any plates round as the rally car suddenly becomes the "repaired" crashed car.

What about sticking it in as a kit car?

Its possible but the car will also be devalued as the history wont be able to be verified by the prep comoany that carried out the work.

Kit car option wont work either. SVA too strict these days.

BenR
20-07-2005, 23:05
so why cant you bring that in?

Mark_Ritchspeed
20-07-2005, 23:37
I can bring it in. Its just putting it on the road the proper way would be a fortune or I could just change the identity of the car.

To pass the model report the car would have to be completely standard.

northy
21-07-2005, 07:58
very nice mark...is it a STI :wink:

TwisT
21-07-2005, 08:51
I can bring it in. Its just putting it on the road the proper way would be a fortune or I could just change the identity of the car.

To pass the model report the car would have to be completely standard.

So you have to bring in a standard car if you want to import ?

where would i stand wanting to bring in a ready modded R32 GTR ?

Mark_Ritchspeed
21-07-2005, 09:00
Northy its actually a WRX, but most of the bits have been changed to either group A or group N.

Modded R32 GTR's are ok as they are older than 10 years old and so just require a straight MOT for registration.

Mark_Ritchspeed
21-07-2005, 09:14
Just for you Twist. The ultimate definition of the R32, the GTR V-Spec2. With a few sensible mods boosting power to 450bhp.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Mark_Ritchspeed/skyline.jpg

TwisT
21-07-2005, 09:59
Drool..... :shock: 8)

My birthdays not untill November, you shouldnt have :wink:

good to know on the GTR front, gona get shopping soon :D ............

2 live
21-07-2005, 10:27
u wanted a new track car dint ya?? wot u waitin for lol.

by the time uv had ur fun on the track with it.itl be 10 year old..so mot and whack it on the road