PDA

View Full Version : F7R - Rally car engine

Evogone
22-01-2010, 16:40
From the pink rally car, selling at i have purchased an APD built ITB engine...

History

Engine was a brand new Spyder cup car race engine (Megane 714 bottom end & Williams head), donated by Renault to Andrew Frankel who was the editor of Autocar Magazine (previous owner of the car). These base engines make 175bhp.

Since i have had its been excellent never missed a beat (apart from TPS switch which was replaced) and covered about 1k miles (engine done about 3/4k max total miles). I have just has the head rebuild by the guys who run the car (top blokes and run S1600 cars so know what there doing) and has done one event where the car came 7th O/A and 2nd in the 2 ltr class :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LdXdwxk2yc

Head rebuild breakdown

New Cambelt
New Gaskets inc Headgasket
New Valves
New headbolts
Modified & Ported head (exhaust and inlet)
New dizzy cap & rotor arm
Bottom end inspection (bores mint and all compresions equal)
and fitting
=£1000 bill

Engine Spec is as follows:-

Spyder Williams modified race head (ported during head rebuild)
Spyder race cams (profile unknown but pulls to 7.8k)
R-sport Spyder ECU 7.9k limit
Modified injectors
Helex sprung paddle clutch
Pipercross induction kit
4Bar adjustable fuel pressure regulator
New Performance HT leads
Carbon Cam and pully covers
Megane 714 bottom end (latest spec chain drive oil pump)
Lightened and balanced bottom end including clutch

I have just had it rolling roaded 2hrs ago (chassis dyno at WGT in Middlewitch) at 151@wheels at just under 7k approx 182bhp fly and held to this to the limiter and very torquey and smooth like a road car. Idles mint and Oil pressure 6bar cold and 1.5bar hot at idle.

Price 1250 includes everything coilpack / loom etc

Serious enquires only if it doesnt sell it will be kept as a spare for if theres any issues with the one im going to fit. :wink:

Evogone
22-01-2010, 16:55
For comparision my friend 1600 corsa rally car made 186bhp on these rollers. And the Civiv type R that was in before me made 190bhp so there not known for over reading.

Bowyer ITB all steel 8k monster cost 6-7k for the engine. :D