PDA

View Full Version : Engine and gearbox overhaul and detail recommendations

Red_Dash
19-01-2010, 23:23
Hi Guys

I've got to the point whereby I'm just about to remove the engine from my Williams. I'm taking it out because I want to powder coat all the stuff that has gone rusty, clean up the engine bay clean up the engine and get all the stuff done on it e.g. Cambelt + tensioners etc, while it's out of the car. I also want to check it over to ensure that when it's put back in again it won't need to come out for a very long time.

I know a few things about the engine + gearbox:
1) Before the car was laid up, about 7 years ago the engine ran great.
2) There appears to be a hairline crack on the bottom of the sump - it's never been a problem and doesn't drip oil but it's a concern.
3) The Cambelt + tensioners will need doing as it's been laid up for so long.
4) The rocker cover has bubbling on it so I'd like to get that sorted and powder coated the original colour.
5) The engine + gearbox have just covered 50K
6) Third gear was sometimes a little tricky to engage (may just be the linkage?)
7) I want all the rusty stuff removing and the whole thing to look fantastic.

I know the limits with my current abilities and the time that I have to spend on my car, so this is a job which I'm probably best farming out to someone with the ability to do it well. I'm located in the North West of England but I'm willing to have the engine+gearbox transported to anywhere in the UK if there is someone who comes highly recommended.

Any recommendations?... if there are any...

MAXIBOY
19-01-2010, 23:35
I know a few things about the engine + gearbox:
1) Before the car was laid up, about 7 years ago the engine ran great. ok..
2) There appears to be a hairline crack on the bottom of the sump - it's never been a problem and doesn't drip oil but it's a concern. then worse case get it welded
3) The Cambelt + tensioners will need doing as it's been laid up for so long. and..
4) The rocker cover has bubbling on it so I'd like to get that sorted and powder coated the original colour. easy as...
5) The engine + gearbox have just covered 50K then as long as oil pressure compression and cylinder leakage test are ok whats the problem
6) Third gear was sometimes a little tricky to engage (may just be the linkage?) or engine mounts..
7) I want all the rusty stuff removing and the whole thing to look fantastic. then paint it..

I know the limits with my current abilities and the time that I have to spend on my car, so this is a job which I'm probably best farming out to someone with the ability to do it well. I'm located in the North West of England but I'm willing to have the engine+gearbox transported to anywhere in the UK if there is someone who comes highly recommended.

Any recommendations?... if there are any... stan @ APD top bollocks work very fair price..job done..

as above

Red_Dash
19-01-2010, 23:49
APD - Thanks. Have you got a web address please.

MAXIBOY
20-01-2010, 11:33
websites under construction i think but i will post stan in the direction of this thread..

unless anyone has his works new number..thanks

Red_Dash
20-01-2010, 13:51

stan
20-01-2010, 15:12
Hi,

Best bet is to call me 01639 845009

Craig :)