After 6 years the only car that's ever truly got under my skin has gone :(

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i5/Swervin_Mervin/Bits/P1000682.jpg

MatBrown
17-01-2010, 19:39
Who had it in the end?

Mat.

Swervin_Mervin
17-01-2010, 19:51
A lad called Ben. Not sure if he posts on here or not. The irony is I'm looking at a house at the mo that has a garage, massive driveway and a workshop so would've been perfect for getting it back in shape.

Nevermind. :lol:

MatBrown
17-01-2010, 20:38
They'll be plenty more if you wanted to go the clio route again.

Mat.

schakal
17-01-2010, 20:47
what was wrong with it ?
surely you would not let it go if you loved so much , flol

MatBrown
17-01-2010, 20:52
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37744&highlight=

Mat.

Swervin_Mervin
17-01-2010, 22:11
what was wrong with it ?

Lazy-b4stard-itis combined with increasing age/decreasing enthusiams for being out in the cold working on a car. :lol:

I'm hoping that having a heated garage with water, leccy and space for all my tools to be organised will see me back in the game again at some point. :twisted:

Wobba
17-01-2010, 22:20
what was wrong with it ?

Lazy-b4stard-itis combined with increasing age/decreasing enthusiams for being out in the cold working on a car. :lol:

I'm hoping that having a heated garage with water, leccy and space for all my tools to be organised will see me back in the game again at some point. :twisted:

Haha, I know how you feel! A garage and space will make ALL the difference! You'll be back in the fold before you know it except next time you'll have TWO Clio's :D

Swervin_Mervin
17-01-2010, 22:31
Or, hopefully a clio and a Karmann Ghia project. :)

schakal
17-01-2010, 22:49
what was wrong with it ?

i feel you bruv :) i remember doing the engine swap on my r9
3 years ago out in the parking lot ,it was winter and pissing raining/snowing .

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/evrenfenci/renbuildup-0033.jpg

nowadays i got a corner space in my mates workshop and if i ever
need to work on the 19 i can get it in the workshop ,use his snap on collection, power tools etc F . T . W !!! :P

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/evrenfenci/SDC11201.jpg

would still prefer a house with my own garage though :(

Swervin_Mervin
17-01-2010, 22:54
It's also the law that you only ever seem to have to work on french cars in the depths of winter. :lol:

I remember I once changed the aux belt on the wife's Xsara VTS in summer. Best job I've ever done on a car. All my tools to hand, it was a well thought out system that didn't require hands the size of a 2 yr old, and I was wearing short and t-shirt and had a beer on the go.

That's the only time I've ever worked on a car and it been a real pleasure from start to finish. :lol:

Wobba
17-01-2010, 23:22
It's also the law that you only ever seem to have to work on french cars in the depths of winter. :lol:

So true! My worst nightmares have been when it's really bad weather with the one exception of my engine swap at Summeh's where he had a very cool garage on hand.

I'll never forget the time my fuel hose split on the M27...of course, it was sub zero temperatures and snowing...and dark. And the headgasket change mid winter on the side of the road without a clue what I was doing hehe. Or the rounded off and leaking brake union in the pissing rain at 10 pm the night before work. Or the failed alternator just before last Xmas in the rain at 9 pm...or the dead battery in a 7 hour traffic jam the other day on the night of the worst weather in 30 years at midnight in the snow...the list goes on and on lol.