PDA

View Full Version : knock sensor

vkosho
14-01-2010, 23:44
does the f7r have one? if so where is it located and how can i test it?

Cheers.

Tom

MatBrown
14-01-2010, 23:54
Brown plug at the front of the head under the inlet manifold.

Mat.

vkosho
15-01-2010, 00:00
cheers mat. whats the best way to test it?

MatBrown
15-01-2010, 00:08
Not a clue. LoL.

Mat.

vkosho
15-01-2010, 00:41
hehe. Mite connect it to a meter and knock it against something. Getting a little detonation on idle. will investigate further!

Laine_16v
15-01-2010, 08:51
hehe. Mite connect it to a meter and knock it against something. Getting a little detonation on idle. will investigate further!

Are you sure its det?!

if the ECU thinks that sensor is broken, it will back the ignition advacne off a further 3 degrees for safety.

Wobba
15-01-2010, 10:09

Are you sure its det?!

if the ECU thinks that sensor is broken, it will back the ignition advacne off a further 3 degrees for safety.

It does? I guess this affects performance. Hmm, been feeling a bit slow lately...

vkosho
17-01-2010, 04:48
Its running fine, no noticable loss of power but on idle its lumpy at times and it seems to knock randomly. I thought it might be a missfire at first but it isnt. I dont know how normal it is though and my last clio also had a fairly rough idle.

Hows your Idle?

Laine_16v
17-01-2010, 16:18

Are you sure its det?!

It does? I guess this affects performance. Hmm, been feeling a bit slow lately...

It does, although i should rephrase. If its unplugged it will back off 3 degrees, whether a broken sensor would be detected as "discconected" i could not tell you.