PDA

View Full Version : Misfire

Coops
10-01-2010, 19:11
turbo keeps skipping a beat, just ask big ron, we kangaroo'd all the way to london and back other week :P

whipped plugs out its number 3 cylinder from flywheel ends thats lost it, plug was black and when it misses its pops like **** when cyclinder comes back, so clearly chucking the fuel in, not igniting it for a few rpm then firing, hence overfuel and blac plug and pops in the exhaust note

changed all the plugs for new, no change

whipped ht lead off to that cyclinder and put williams one on, no change

in the pipeline are dizzy cap and rotor arm

anything else likely? pretty sure for it to be same cylinder each time can't be king lead/coil pack etc could it?

TPS maybe, or crank sensor? i'm firing blind here, no idea really what can affect just 1 cylinder?

any advice, experiences etc much appreciated

cheers

Ben

Wobba
10-01-2010, 19:36
I'd speculate crank sensor as well. These are always a pain to diagnose. How often does it do it?

richy
10-01-2010, 19:51
may be the dizzy cap, have you checked the contacts inside it? see if the one for that cyl is burnt out etc

MAXIBOY
10-01-2010, 21:42
sticking valve or follower also

Wobba
10-01-2010, 22:47
I had a buggered couple of valves once due to my tappets being completely shagged. Sounded like an Impreza, but ask Matt Wills or Arj256, you could hear the tappets were REALLY loud. You'd have heard them by now if it was those.

richy
10-01-2010, 22:49
pos as above or maybe you have lost compression or a piston has had a metl down

MAXIBOY
10-01-2010, 22:58
yeah compression test even if its intermittent..

Coops
11-01-2010, 18:59
dizzy cap and rotor arm both fine, bit of wear on both buts its uniform across all contact points

i did comp test it recently, was fine, but its dropping water now as well, exhaust fume isnt blowing white tho, so i may of popped the rad or a core plug dispite the anti freeze in there, has been well below zero for ages up here and cars not been moved for a month. i will comp test again

tappets are quiet as a mouse, engines very quiet full stop, i always crank it over with fuel pump diconnected first anyway when its been stood till oil light extinguishes

Wobba
13-01-2010, 20:14
Obviously you've considered HG failure. Comp tests don't necessarily reveal a HG leak.

Or have you fixed it?

Coops
13-01-2010, 20:15
still fubar atm, mot and diagnosis day tomos

LEIGH-ANNE
13-01-2010, 23:09
Break it :P

MatBrown
13-01-2010, 23:18
LoL.

Mat.