PDA

View Full Version : Yet another EVO mention

Wobba
09-01-2010, 00:06
One of the staff has bought a V6 Mk2 (he got it from a guy on v6clio.net), and they give the Williams an honourable mention as one of the greatest hot hatches of all time...again :) ^^

MatrixGuy
09-01-2010, 13:05
I wouldn't expect anything less mate!

Question is, is the Williams better than the V6? lol. :D

MAXIBOY
09-01-2010, 13:14
redline to this month but they did and unfair shootout between clio's new and old..

197 vs 1.816v..lol

should of been a willy..and tuned as most the other cars were...need to sort them out

16v_paddy
09-01-2010, 13:29
redline to this month but they did and unfair shootout between clio's new and old..

197 vs 1.816v..lol

should of been a willy..and tuned as most the other cars were...need to sort them out

I'd still take the valver over the podgy fat fcuk mk3 all day long 8) they're that big I find it insulting that they even call it a clio

talkingfish
09-01-2010, 13:57

197 vs 1.816v..lol

I'd still take the valver over the podgy fat fcuk mk3 all day long 8) they're that big I find it insulting that they even call it a clio

Paddy - my missus now owns a podgy fat fcuk mk3 197 - I'll send her round to have a word... :x
I actually quite like it it it's own way but remember I'm dangerously close to 40.... :oops:

16v_paddy
09-01-2010, 14:01
:shock: an angry mk3 owner coming to have words?!?! :? I get the feeling I need to be worried :P

Would have been unfair to use a williams in the comparison with the 197, the willy is an iconic car whereas the valver & 197 certainly aren't

Wobba
09-01-2010, 16:42
197 is a great car, it's just with the newer cars you miss out on the 'rawness' of the older Williams. For some people they don't want the all-or-nothing fear/adrenaline factor of the old car, fair enough.

I will be trying out one of the new Clio 200's at the next RS trackday. Some say the cup, although good value, is too harsh for road use. God, they should try my car :D

LEIGH-ANNE
12-01-2010, 13:24
Im with Paddy on this one...they shouldnt be compared...they are just different!

talkingfish
14-01-2010, 10:45
Never said I wanted to compare the two cars.... my wife's 197 is a modern, fast, safe and comfortable car which still can perform when you want it too.... It is not however, and never will be a match for the Williams in terms of excitement and driver involvement.

The game has moved on in terms of safety and crash regulations which it is always slightly unfair now to compare cars from different eras.

Suppose I understand now when I see old guys running round in e-types and MG's - I'm sure they feel the same...