PDA

View Full Version : think iv had enough

preston420
05-01-2010, 14:27
im just gunna get to the point just put it in to 3rd gear engine temp fine oil temp/psi great everything sweet as a nut then all of a sudden a horrible noise from the enigne, i thought it was the gearbox as it happen as selected 3rd, she lost power and cut out it wont start but wants to. the RAC guy checked the spark plugs going in to the head its self a low spark of them but a good spark from the distributer cap. he opened up the oil cap and ask me to try and start it and he could see the cams moving so he took the diss cap off that was all gud but wen i tried it again the roter arm was not spining neither was the drive rail that it sits on what shall i do and has this ever happened to any one else?>?>?>

cheers mark

still love my willy thou but its a love hate relationship i love it, it seems to hate me :(

MatrixGuy
05-01-2010, 14:51
Mate, i hate my williams at the moment, it's a fact of ownership, lol.

2 live
05-01-2010, 15:17
if the rotor arm isnt spinning, or the end of the cam it slots into......id hazard a guess at cambelt failure mate.....unless its got kent cams in then they could have failed.

not gd.

katbloke
05-01-2010, 15:24
if cams are turning then cant be the belt, take the distributor out and see if shaft has snapped

preston420
05-01-2010, 18:32
gunna check it at the weekend when iv got sumtime and hopefully the snow has died off since i have no garage,boo. but i will not leat it beat me and i will not quit, i love my williams and allways have done ever since i looked in to them and having a clio 1.4rt there still the best hot hatch ever in my eyes

ThRaXaIR
05-01-2010, 19:06
well done chin up lad.

;)

Wobba
07-01-2010, 00:18
Everything is solvable!