PDA

View Full Version : KTEC ITB kit - flywheel...

Evogone
02-01-2010, 02:50
Dont you need a 172 / Megane fly wheel for this to work ? or have Ktec sussed how to use the willy fwheel trigger pattern ?

zmaster2k
02-01-2010, 12:01
also interested!

Wobba
02-01-2010, 12:19
They think they've worked out how to use the Willy one, but it was not 100% clear yet.

sideways danny
03-01-2010, 06:07
AFAIK they need a car and a willing party.

Dont you have KMS though?

Evogone
03-01-2010, 12:22

KMS on the new engine but i always wanted to run the old one on a stand alone ecu but did want to take the engine out to swap the flywheel.

Want to know if they have got round this trigger pattern issue or not as the kit will need a flywheel and cost a bit more to fit.

2 live
03-01-2010, 19:33
just put a ford trigger wheel on the crank pulley........job done

sideways danny
04-01-2010, 00:53

KMS on the new engine but i always wanted to run the old one on a stand alone ecu but did want to take the engine out to swap the flywheel.

Want to know if they have got round this trigger pattern issue or not as the kit will need a flywheel and cost a bit more to fit.

well I know they've not done it with KMS as they dont deal with it really, (probably could without too much grief) Pretty sure there's an option in the KMS software to use the standard trigger pattern anyway, but only works if you keep the standard coil and dizzy. Stan might know if it actually works as he deals with KMS a bit

stan
04-01-2010, 11:15
Doesn't work, it only reads "standard" patterns.

I definately wouldn't put a trigger wheel on the crank pulley on a rally car.

Laine_16v
04-01-2010, 13:05
Put a meggy flywheel on, and enjoy the benefits of a larger clutch as standard :)

Wobba
04-01-2010, 14:39
Put a meggy flywheel on, and enjoy the benefits of a larger clutch as standard :)

Oh rly?

Evogone
04-01-2010, 15:03
So i guess that K-tec and OMEX are the only ones that can do std trigger pattern or the kit isnt a kit.

sideways danny
04-01-2010, 15:45
Best to call Andy about it. Like i said, they needed a car to confirm bench testing on

sideways danny
04-01-2010, 15:46
Doesn't work, it only reads "standard" patterns.

so does or doesn't work with std dizzy?

stan
04-01-2010, 22:07
Dan-It won't read the fennix pattern at all no, not even on a dizzy.

AFAIK from speaking to Andy he is working on it will, and like Dan says they need a tester.
It's something I'm also sorting with another ecu manufacturer. It's nothing majorly complex, it's just a case of demand versus effort.

In any case steven it's still a kit, why are you trying to talk it down? Seems like you are posting up pointing out something you personally have just figured out, whilst it's actually common knowledge, and knocking someones product in the process.

Laine_16v
05-01-2010, 00:08

Oh rly?

225mm vs the williams 200mm.

schakal
05-01-2010, 00:25

Oh rly?

are you sure its not only 215mm ?

Laine_16v
05-01-2010, 00:29

Oh rly?

are you sure its not only 215mm ?

Think your right, my bad!

schakal
05-01-2010, 15:04
PWN3D 8) ^^

only joking mate ,i swear on Mat Brown`s life :D :D

Evogone
05-01-2010, 16:01
Dan-It won't read the fennix pattern at all no, not even on a dizzy.

AFAIK from speaking to Andy he is working on it will, and like Dan says they need a tester.
It's something I'm also sorting with another ecu manufacturer. It's nothing majorly complex, it's just a case of demand versus effort.

In any case steven it's still a kit, why are you trying to talk it down? Seems like you are posting up pointing out something you personally have just figured out, whilst it's actually common knowledge, and knocking someones product in the process.

LOL - Happy new year to you Craig...

They sell it (on the website) as a complete kit and you bolt on and go, just needs final mapping...what if you bought the kit and then they told you would need the engine out and a new flywheel and clutch fitting before it works... :oops:

I only asked the question if the kit utilizes the std trigger pattern, as noone has done this before. No critism or talkinging down at all :roll:

Regards response, website and parts availability then KTec is top of the list. Something other tuners should see as a benchmark :wink:

Reason i ask is that if this can be done i will stick an OMEX and loom on my current rallycar engine.

MAXIBOY
05-01-2010, 19:51
thing is its an easy swap and better on any car running increased power and i would upgrade the flywheel on anything but the standard ecu..

in fact its a reason to run standalone..

Clio_GTT
05-01-2010, 21:09
I've got a 172 flywheel and starter I can sort you :wink:

Evogone
05-01-2010, 23:08
Question still stands Can K-Tec / OMEX on a std flywheel trigger pattern ? thats what they suggest.

May phone them tomorrow.

sideways danny
06-01-2010, 01:50
Question still stands Can K-Tec / OMEX on a std flywheel trigger pattern ? thats what they suggest.

May phone them tomorrow.

I and Craig have answered you

it's bench proven that the trigger pattern will work, but they need to try it on a car. Best to call and talk to Andy, as i said

Evogone
06-01-2010, 12:59

May phone them tomorrow.

I and Craig have answered you

it's bench proven that the trigger pattern will work, but they need to try it on a car. Best to call and talk to Andy, as i said

Should they not do that before offering the kit ? they sell the kit stating can be fitted by yourself (if your competant) ?

The way they are advertising it indicates its a proven solution...

Will be speaking to Andy and see what he says.

stan
06-01-2010, 15:52
Im sure when you ring up to pay for it they would explain what needs to be done.

Evogone
07-01-2010, 11:14
Im sure when you ring up to pay for it they would explain what needs to be done.

Whens your website going to eventually be up and running...? Sound like your building a real set up RR,Engine room etc....per your website.

What ever happened to the Sodemo ITB car? is it running yet ?

northy
07-01-2010, 11:31
come on guys - play nice.

New year - new start !!!

stan
07-01-2010, 12:13

Whens your website going to eventually be up and running...? Sound like your building a real set up RR,Engine room etc....per your website.

What ever happened to the Sodemo ITB car? is it running yet ?

All coming along fine pal, website is due for completion end of this month, as is dyno cell (waiting on a custom silencer being made, and insulation being fitted). R/r is done more or less, but cant go ahead with final instalation til workshop is finished--- Workshop has just had a total revamp/redecoration---place is looking mint fair play, just waiting for final lot of floor paint to arrive-hopefully today actually. Once workshop is finnished, can then crack on with photoshoot for website (ince both r/r and engine dynocell), and re-launch of the company next month. Its all happening for us here at APD :)

In all fairness I did want all of this done ^^^ beginning of Jan, start of the new year etc, but when you are flat out with engine builds and intensive headwork, its not always easy to find time. But im not gonna grumble over being a month late with my plans.

Sodemo car is up and running btw, and has been for a few months, but due to the guys new born baby and his work commitments it hasnt been run in yet, and consequently hasnt been mapped. Though he has got a day booked down Pembrey, so whenever he gets chance, we'll be down there. He isnt racing til April, so no immediate rush really.

Evogone
07-01-2010, 15:01
come on guys - play nice.

New year - new start !!!

We love each other, would i buy a fully rebuilt APD itb engine if i didnt trust the guy.. :wink: