PDA

View Full Version : my hybrid remapped at RS tuning

jay s
20-12-2009, 12:42
went to rs tuning yesterday to get the car remapped after stan at apd fitted my new worked head and piper 285 cams 2 weeks ago. as i was using my old map the car wasn't running its best at all, slow throttle response and running lean at anything over 3k so it needed a remap asap. one of the reasons i choose rs tuning was b1sh had his car remapped there also and he has one of the fastest hybrids Ive raced on my old spec ( we really were neck and neck on the road ) so i knew his map was working good :D anyway when i first turned up at rs tuning we put the car on the rollers to see what it was making, it made 161 bhp 139lb/ft but as i knew was running lean so had room for improvement. left Paul to do his magic then came across a problem , car didn't want to fuel after 5k and would run very very lean. he got on the phone to Craig had a quick chat then started doing some tests, problem was traced to a faulty fuel pressure regulator. as we didn't have a new one available Paul decided to use the regulator from his SC 172 to get past the problem, topman :twisted: run it up again with the new regulator and and fueled to the end, problem sorted so he got on with mapping :D few hours later and it was done, made 171bhp with 150lb/ft ish its has gained around 10 bhp and 10lb/ft throughout the whole rev range and now feels alive to say the least :wink: want to say a big thank you to both Paul at rs tuning for his expertise in mapping and Stan from ADP for all the help over the past few months, both have provided an A class service and i would recommend both to anyone....

before and after graphs:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/jay16v-/rstuningremap1Large.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/jay16v-/rstuningremap1002Large.jpg

schakal
20-12-2009, 12:46
happy dayzz :D

whats the full spec of the engine ?
using verniers with pipers etc ?

jay s
20-12-2009, 13:02
full spec is :

2.0ltr F7R
Piper 285 cams ( dur:276/276 lift: 10.9/10.9 ) timed using dti gauge by stan @apd
APD full headwork on a williams head 32mm inlets ( also fully rebuilt )
Piper verniers
supersprint manifold
mongoose exh and decat
ptfe gaskets (tb/ inlet/ rockercover)
rs tuning live remap

cliokongen
20-12-2009, 13:21
Nice increase in HP and torque...
Driveability must be greatly improved now?

schakal
20-12-2009, 13:35
full spec is :

2.0ltr F7R
Piper 285 cams ( dur:276/276 lift: 10.9/10.9 ) timed using dti gauge by stan @apd
APD full headwork on a williams head 32mm inlets ( also fully rebuilt )
Piper verniers
supersprint manifold
mongoose exh and decat
ptfe gaskets (tb/ inlet/ rockercover)
rs tuning live remap

whats it idleing like mate ? nice rally car purr ?
how much did the live mapping set you back ?

LEIGH-ANNE
20-12-2009, 13:45
Cool Jay et ur over the moon!

All questions already been answered for me :wink:

jay s
20-12-2009, 14:28
cliokongen: yes mate its alot better to drive now, throttle responce is a lot better and nice spread of midrange torque, top end has also increased abit :D

schaks : idle is ok, needs to be set a tiny bit higher than std to stop it cutting out but is all good. sounds something like a tank on idle lol :D

leigh-anne: aye im happy love :D

jay s
20-12-2009, 14:30
oh it it cost £295+vat ( £339.25 ) for the remap

Wobba
21-12-2009, 01:16
Nice work Jay. You'll have to give me another passenger ride at our next track day meet :)

summeh
21-12-2009, 03:28
any idea what it was performing like before you had all this work done?

schakal
21-12-2009, 18:28
any idea what it was performing like before you had all this work done?

howcome you get 180bhp with your map i wonder ??

jay s
21-12-2009, 19:02
wobba: np fella, passanger laps will be welcome next year :D

summeh: the last time i had it rr,d at surrey rolling road it made 177bhp 139lb/ft. this was with my old setup which had piper 270's/std head and a remap. ( what it was running when you came out with me at brands ) its producing more power now but rs tuning rollers are strict to say the least. its his expertise in mapping that i went for not a rr graph :wink: i will get it to surrey rr sometime this year to get a direct comparision to my old setup :D