PDA

View Full Version : In car heater no workie!

kneesparks
17-12-2009, 14:56
Hi all, my alternator desided to throw a fit and burnt out the rectifier on the back so it proceeded to make about 21-22volts :shock: , blew my headliights boiled my battery and after i fixed all that i noticed my cockpit fan does not work :shock: :? . Iv tested the switch and its all ok it also has a power feed to the switch. So im left with the shite job of changing the fan, unless anyone can think of something im missing? Also how hard is it to change the fan?
Its bloody cold im my car in this lovely English winter we are having! :cry:

MatBrown
17-12-2009, 20:03
Fan isn't that hard to do really.
Scuttle off, ECU out, Wiper linkage out, then you can get the fan out.

Mat.

schakal
17-12-2009, 21:36
Fan isn't that hard to do really.
Scuttle off, ECU out, Wiper linkage out, then you can get the fan out.

Mat.

forgot to mention you got one ?? :D

MatBrown
17-12-2009, 21:42
He hasn't asked yet. :wink:

Mat.

FATBOY
17-12-2009, 21:48
are you getting heat still??? it could be the connection plug onto the fan. thats what was wrong with mine. the connection was loose and i had to wedge half a wall plug into the side of the connector plug to make sure it wasnt loose.

kneesparks
18-12-2009, 07:45
are you getting heat still??? it could be the connection plug onto the fan. thats what was wrong with mine. the connection was loose and i had to wedge half a wall plug into the side of the connector plug to make sure it wasnt loose.
Its not the plug as I thought it was the fan switch so got another off GayBay £4 posted for whole panel :P Pluged it in only to find it still does not work :x :?
So the Mr Brown how much for one of your bestist fans posted? :wink: