PDA

View Full Version : Gearknob fell off, funny temp gauge and side trim wanted

clowo16v
19-07-2005, 17:42
Right 1st problem. My gear knob fell off about a month back and I haven't got round to refitting till now. Its a sparco alloy one, and inside all there is the ally boss with 3 little black pointy things that I cant really see. The gearstick has a sort of cross hatch pattern on. Anyway I cant see how they fit together, theres prob 1/4" slack all round the boss, so have I lost something (a small plastic bush etc)? If so what shall I do, I was thinking of Aralditing it on but i'm not sure if its a good idea?

2nd, my temp gauge has never worked properly. It does nothing for ages, but then it suddenly shoots up to display normal running temp and higher. Is this normal?

3rd, Anybody got a OS rear side trim and a NS door side trim in good enough condition for spraying for sale? Mine are smashed/damaged.

See ya

Matt

Lunner
19-07-2005, 19:26
For the gear knob, you need a length of 15mm speedfit plumbing pipe, this will with some persuasion fit over the top of the gear knob, i had to filee the inside out slightly, the 'pointy things' are grub screws, loosen them off till the knob fits over the pipe, and then tighten them up in turn till it doesn't move.

Temp guage isn't normal, check the connections on the back of the instrument panal, if that is ok chekc the ones to the thermostat.

2 live
20-07-2005, 09:20
u sure the 3 little black pointy things arent grub screws??

clowo16v
20-07-2005, 15:56
Right cheers i'll get some pipe then.

See ya

Matt

clowo16v
20-07-2005, 19:04
Right then I had a look. They are grub screws but how the hell do you get to them to screw em. My gearknob looks like this

http://www.dcp-shop.co.uk/buy-car-accessories/images/BigImage/Sparco/globeRsmall.jpg

apart from the centre bit on mine is anodised blue. Can't see any holes anywhere lol.

See ya

Matt

2 live
20-07-2005, 19:40
the bottom part of the knob will unscrew mate..

Lunner
20-07-2005, 20:49
Chances are you will need a small allen key, or a small flat headed screw driver to get to teh grub screws