PDA

View Full Version : general question for all club members

2 live
13-12-2009, 01:29
are you happy with what the club gives you in terms of being a club. not just a forum?

fasterthanjesus
13-12-2009, 02:27
nobody turns up to local meets.

apart from that its ok.

16v_paddy
13-12-2009, 02:50
The way I'd describe this site/club as a whole is that it seems to be stagnant if you know what I mean?

Justin..
13-12-2009, 08:21
To me it is just a forum whilst being friendly/meeting up with the few members from my area every now and then. I'd love for there to be meets like there was 2 years ago but imo it can't happen in such scale due to the hugely diminished traffic! I wouldn't blame admin for not taking the site forward as if there isn't many people visiting the site then they don't really need to do much bar general upkeep (ie spam deletion etc) On the other hand a massive overhaul of site facilities and general updating the site's homepage to attract new members might be a good idea but this site does seem to be a VERY limited market.

2 live
13-12-2009, 12:30
yeah its a limited market, due to the limited car it supports. but im sure even the rarer cars clubs have meets, the admin organise shows etc, seems the admin really couldnt give a shit on here tbh, well the majority of them anyway, and leave the meets/events etc up to the members to sort out.

and when they do sort meets out, its generally invite only, to a select few.

again ......not the best way to run a club imo.

as for ppl visiiting the site........what kind of image is the site projecting?? i mean, the home page has had the internal server error for how long?? the site seriously needs revamping, something we have been getting promised will be getting sorted for years. 1 look at the site to me is enough to make prospective members etc think again and go elsewhere.

2 live
13-12-2009, 12:31
and who put the option d) on ???????? wasnt me thats for fukkin sure.

schakal
13-12-2009, 14:44
tbh its not even worth me putting an effort into stating my
opinion ,this thread will sooner or later get deleted as others before .
there you go :D

stan
13-12-2009, 14:48
There isnt much effort on the whole, dont think its just the admin team though.

This is my "favourite" club, but its also my least favourite forum currently...

Stagnant is definately the best term to use.

Jon what do you suggest needs to be done?

Justin..
13-12-2009, 17:10
and who put the option d) on ???????? wasnt me thats for f**kin sure.

Yeah i see its changed :roll:

northy
13-12-2009, 18:13
Nice to see members taking a interest in the site - thanks 2live.

But can i just say one thing guys, people who run club websites know the work that goes on in the background. Its not visible from most members eyes but at admin level it is.

This 'meets dont happen' comments lads, come - ive heard the same excuse for years now - if you want a meet ? Organise one. Im sure that EVERYONE on here has missed meets when they have been organised. So thats no excuse for a club. Everyone is differant and want differant things out of the club.

Bringing in New Admin / moderators wont affect anything to do with how busy / active the site is. The powers Moderators have is minimal. They will agree with me on that one.

But if this messge is aimed at me fair enough, i will try harder to get the new forum done and home page refreshed. I am fully aware of what works and what not works on here.

If a new forum is what is needed when this topic concludes - to make everyone happy i will ENSURE it gets done asap.

J O N has been pushing me for months, just like jamie who was upset with no progress over 6months and left the admin team, leighanne who has even offered to pay for it all herself to allow the site to be revamped just like jamie did. So i am FULLY AWARE it needs to be done.

Please bear with me guys, no one is more passionate about the rusty blue cars than me. I will look forward to seeing which way this topic goes.

2 live
13-12-2009, 20:08
There isnt much effort on the whole, dont think its just the admin team though.

This is my "favourite" club, but its also my least favourite forum currently...

Stagnant is definately the best term to use.

Jon what do you suggest needs to be done?

i suggest a full revamp of this decrepid site, fukkin even noah has a more up to date site then this.

and a full overhaul of the meets/events organisers...i mean ...northys only interested in track days, then he will turn up in a mk1........all other times its either the tow car or some gay 182....as is the case with most of the admin.

monthly meets to return.......new area reps as they are doing fuk all to support the club moving forward.

new admin......see above

new owners...as northy really doesnt seem to give a fuk about the club, but is more than happy to take any perks his position brings forward

thatl do for a start methinks.

Jamie.
13-12-2009, 20:24
No one is bothered, at all. I go to loads of meets on CS these days because they make effort.

You ask ppl here and they aren't arsed. I mean look at the Xmas meet I posted about. One comment. I even said we could go to Midlands to drum up interest...

It's not the sole responsibility of three of four people it's the responsibility of everyone to make effort and go "forward". Tbh, what is forward? Northy is 110% right what can he really do? Nothing. It's just throughput and it's a self fullfilling profecy. If not many people come on here then it's not going to attract more people. This site is unique in alot of ways, it's all about technical knowlege.

Imo, ultimatley site isn't about meets really, not anymore. There isn't the activity. Everyone is also too spaced out. Round by me there is me and Tommo and I suppose that cripple Alex (;) xxx)

If you want more meets, post a thread about it.

Big thanks to Northy for giving the shout out and being honest. :)

Daz.
13-12-2009, 20:32
I'll admit I've lost interest in this forum, the fact I sold my willy is irrelevant as others have said it's just a little dull round here these days - I still love it though, it just needs a pick me up.

northy
13-12-2009, 20:46
i suggest a full revamp of this decrepid site, f**kin even noah has a more up to date site then this.

it was started 7 months ago. Progress is very slow. A plan is in place to get it done asap.

and a full overhaul of the meets/events organisers...i mean ...northys only interested in track days, then he will turn up in a mk1........all other times its either the tow car or some gay 182....as is the case with most of the admin.

Yes, i do prefer trackdays to meets. Meets were enjoyable when i did them. When they stopped being enjoyable i stopped. There has been loads of meets organised that people drop out on. Atleast i go.
When i do go on meets recently they were CS meets. So we went in vics car. Makes a change to get in her car. But i have done many a meet in the williams.

monthly meets to return.......new area reps as they are doing f*k all to support the club moving forward.

I agree - you can do one in the new year :winkey:

new owners...as northy really doesnt seem to give a f*k about the club, but is more than happy to take any perks his position brings forward

What perks do i take ? bar getting crap from you lot about this forum.

Jamie.
13-12-2009, 20:52
I've seen the payroll Northy, don't deny that 30k salary you get from WC. ;)

northy
13-12-2009, 20:56
yep comes in handy when running all these cars / bikes.

Seriously though guys, l appriciate your comments - postive or negative.

MatBrown
13-12-2009, 21:05

Your a cunt! :wink:

Mat.

stan
13-12-2009, 21:08
:lol: :lol:

northy
13-12-2009, 21:08
:bootyshake:

schakal
13-12-2009, 21:15
:D

16v_paddy
13-12-2009, 21:23

Your a c**t! :wink:

Mat.

:shock: :rotflmao: I need a new keyboard now :lol:

Carole Anne
13-12-2009, 21:29
nobody turns up to local meets.

apart from that its ok.

PMSL not surprised.

Think the site just needs a new lease of life and sooner rather than later. I like it here and there are some awesome people on here.

Some of the admin/mods are about but like has already been said its up to the members too. We all need to make a bit more effort maybe.

ThRaXaIR
13-12-2009, 21:35
this is my fave forum, much better than sucky CS there so aggressive over there. its does need more people but that is always gunna be a problem as theres only a limited number of cars and it'll get worse.

but i do enjoy posting here its always a laugh and FCS was great this year!

so lets get that overhaul done already! ;) also make 2live admin the boys got passion! haha

rob-legend
13-12-2009, 21:51
there are some awesome people on here.

8)

schakal
13-12-2009, 21:58

8)

+1 :wink:

Carole Anne
13-12-2009, 22:04

8)

+1 :wink:

I said there were SOME awesome people on here :tongue3:

FATBOY
13-12-2009, 22:06
sorry if i havent been pulling my weight, but as stated in another one of my posts. ive had lots of family issues to deal with....

Carole Anne
13-12-2009, 22:08
You always seem to be about and posting hun .

FATBOY
13-12-2009, 22:12
well i do like to keep a presence on here, but if im online im not always @ the keyboard.... :D

Daz.
13-12-2009, 22:35
this is my fave forum, much better than sucky CS there so aggressive over there. its does need more people but that is always gunna be a problem as theres only a limited number of cars and it'll get worse.

but i do enjoy posting here its always a laugh and FCS was great this year!

so lets get that overhaul done already! ;) also make 2live admin the boys got passion! haha

Thats what you get with a limited run car I guess!

Maybe embracing other cars rather than poo poo'ing them might help :wink:

Jamie.
13-12-2009, 22:38
Yeah, it'd help if we all appreciated the Trophy was the better car (jon).

2 live
14-12-2009, 00:38
funny that.....so do i.

:smoking:

2 live
14-12-2009, 00:41
i suggest a full revamp of this decrepid site, f**kin even noah has a more up to date site then this.

it was started 7 months ago. Progress is very slow. A plan is in place to get it done asap.

very well......whos progress is slow.....and why cant it be sped up?

Yes, i do prefer trackdays to meets. Meets were enjoyable when i did them. When they stopped being enjoyable i stopped. There has been loads of meets organised that people drop out on. Atleast i go.
When i do go on meets recently they were CS meets. So we went in vics car. Makes a change to get in her car. But i have done many a meet in the williams.[/quote]

name ur last meet in the williams. lmao makes a change ... :roll:

monthly meets to return.......new area reps as they are doing f*k all to support the club moving forward.

I agree - you can do one in the new year :winkey:[/quote]

yeah i can do that.....trafford ctr..........jjb.........sat 16th jan do??

new owners...as northy really doesnt seem to give a f*k about the club, but is more than happy to take any perks his position brings forward

What perks do i take ? bar getting crap from you lot about this forum.[/quote]

u tellin me u have had none??

northy
14-12-2009, 09:24
no - i got to keep the BB Tunning shifter and i got a free dogbone for my help with designing the Powerflex one. But if your talking pizza's then u should know me better mate.

Last meet i went to was FCS 2009 mate.

fasterthanjesus
14-12-2009, 09:50
make me an area rep!

i could generate a lot of interest in this club. especially considering the amount of one seven twos and one eight twos, and that they are very keen to talk cars.

a lot of people who have owned a willy go onto a newer model. this site is a bit anti this and i dont understand the un necessary bitching.

i would take a look at 'the other website' and look at the technical section. i would even consider making 'him' an admin of the technical section, as the information posted was very good and it just seems a bit daft to not try and iron out the problems and have somebody who is really passionate about these cars.

i know he can be a cock, we all can be, especially me. but it would be for the benefit of the williams 'community' if all active 'fans' pull in the same way.

Tommo
14-12-2009, 11:35
I'm guilty of not attending enough meets in the past (apart from the FCS), but I do meet with Jamie on a regular basis for pool and a few beers. I will try and make a conscious effort to attend some more if monthly meets are arranged and my Williams is back on the road.

Northy, a new updated site would be nice as it's looking very dated now (and has done for a while), and some new area reps appointed to get things moving. And please bring back the edit button!!

2 live
14-12-2009, 19:51
check the thread on cs lol. ;)

alex_e3
14-12-2009, 20:32
Imo, ultimatley site isn't about meets really, not anymore. There isn't the activity. Everyone is also too spaced out. Round by me there is me and Tommo and I suppose that cripple Alex (;) xxx)

Lol, cheeky git!!! 'tis true though for now, lets hope not much longer eh :?

My opinion:-

I've been a fan of valvers and williams' since i was an early teenager, and started over on CS many moons ago. Never even knew about this site for a fair while to be honest. It was only when CS slowly began to be completely mk2 orientated that i found here. I still find it quietly amusing how that forum has changed over the years......

Coming here to WC, as stated previously, i found the technical knowledge to be the best part of this forum. There is an abundance of it, which over the years has helped me to understand working on these cars alot better. I know not no-one on here really knows me due to the fact i don't consistently post really - i think i don't post much due to the fact that most technical and general questions are answered really well by other members who regularly reply. I do think i should post more, but just don't deem it necessary to due to the vast knowledge by some of the other people on here. I feel that the overall age on this site is alot higher than over on C16VER - it seems a lot more alive over there. Maybe this is due to the fact that this is a website devoted to the Williams and NOT the 16v editions of the car. Obviously this cannot be helped, due to the rapid decent of the amount of Williams' out there. Maybe 16v owners feel they aren't as welcome on this site??? Personally, i've never owned a Williams, but i feel they're such similar cars and are both rare sights on roads - hence the mechanical knowledge on here is invaluable.

With regards to the meet side of things, as Jamie can tell you i've never been to a meet yet - have a busy life! (well not at the mo - doing jack shit all day every day :-( ) However, i do agree with Jamie that Williams' around this area are rare are rocking horse poo. Maybe if some of the lads off C16VER got over here, they'd be tempted to get to some meets on here instead, and build up some numbers.

I don't know, it seems like a difficult situation to resolve really. Meets are only down to the members, and i think it's a bit harsh putting the blame on Northy for lack of attendance. Just my opinion though.

IF i ever recover from this spinal injury, i will make a more conscious effort to try and attend at least 1 meet at some time - as it's people like me who just read the information and never post that don't really help the situation over here if i'm honest* :?

Oh and i do agree that a new forum would be a welcome site. Maybe it will help to drum up some more members.......

*Please don't ban me!!!!! :lol: :)

alex_e3
14-12-2009, 20:37
Also, i know what most people think about CS - myself included in this. However, there are lots of members on here with 172's & 182's that could possibly help to bring the clubs together a bit more?

As Jamie stated, they're obviously more into their meets alot more. I would dare say that surely alot of them would be quite interested to see/experience a proper williams or hybrid, as i imagine alot of CS's members have never had one before, hence not even beginning to understand what awesome cars they are. & vice / versa to be honest - 172's / 182's are still excellent cars at the end of the day.

I mean, at the end of the day it's still a Clio!

Just an idea though........

schakal
14-12-2009, 20:40
i just became a paid member on CS :shock: :shock:

2 live
14-12-2009, 21:13
so u really are a cock then??

Justin..
14-12-2009, 21:17
FPMSL!!! :D :D :D

Carole Anne
14-12-2009, 21:52

I mean, at the end of the day it's still a Clio!

couldn't have said it better myself but I do have a biazrre Clio obssession.

Good post Alex :D

schakal
14-12-2009, 21:53

not as big as you it seems :D

Clio_GTT
14-12-2009, 21:55
Please don't change the forum format, I like being able to search for all terms which you can't do on CS.

On the meets front, I propose an RTOC like National Day or maybe a coalition with RTOC on their national day. It's such a spirited day with a great turnout. I've never owned a turbo'd renault yet I've been to 2 national days and I'm a member of their club.

Like our club their age is typically older and more enthusiast based, the National Day brings everyone together with people coming from Scotland, some even come all the way from across the channel. Theirs usually camping, drinking and an overall feeling of camaraderie.

I know our club isn't as big as RTOC and we couldn't be as heavily subsidised like they are at ND but we could do something equally as good or maybe as I've mentioned above a joint venture type thing.

Basically get everyone together all at once, names to faces, have a good time.

my 2p

col
14-12-2009, 22:42
Well as you are aware ive sold the Willys to my son who has sold it on for purely financial reasons.

Im happy enough to stay with the club,cause in general your not a bad bunch :lol: Plus ive decided to keep the 5, cant really see me losing the renault badge........also its got no rust! but i will join the rtoc as a back up.

Im happy to go along with any changes to see if they work etc.

2 live
14-12-2009, 22:43

not as big as you it seems :D

lol its the girth that gets em ;)

schakal
15-12-2009, 00:15
i will join the rtoc as a back up.

fokn newbie !!

joking, i will look after you over there mate :D

schakal
15-12-2009, 00:26

i see , you are one of those people that has the self-bumming ability .
saves you whanking i guess ,good for you :wink:

2 live
15-12-2009, 01:09

i see , you are one of those people that has the self-bumming ability .
saves you whanking i guess ,good for you :wink:

wouldnt know mate, never tried. what u get up to on ur own is ur business tho......

personally i prefer the female company. more than 1 hole to go at then ;)

Wobba
15-12-2009, 02:29
I joined this site back in September, 2006. Back then activity was higher, there was more going on, life was good.

The reason I joined the site is because I’ve always loved the little French pocket rocket from yesteryear, and because it was an inspiration to me to read about cars like the Nana and see some really excellent examples of the little car that slew the Goliaths of the 90’s.

For me, the site has already accomplished what I wanted from it and a lot more. I’ve now got a pretty good example (getting better all the time!) of an original Williams 1. I also have, incredibly, the skill and knowledge on how to fix it when it goes wrong. When I joined WC, I knew very little about cars, back in 2006 I’d never have dreamt that one day I’d be racing about Brands Hatch and the next, taking the engine to bits to replace the bottom end!

You could say it’s been a bit of an epic journey so far. I've enjoyed it.

The best thing about the site is I have met new people and got some new friends who I have had some mad laughs with, first Zollo then Summeh and Arj256, lovely Leighanne and let’s not forget boost-boy himself, Justin, to name my local gang.

The last year or so has seen a decline in my enjoyment as some of my local chums have moved on (and Justin still hasn't finished his car lol).

Do I blame the site admin? Partly. The site itself does need an injection of new blood and a revamp would help. Some of the non active staff need to step aside for new members to carry the torch. Let them still be listed on a hallowed page of Past Masters as a sign of respect, but I think it’s time for a reshuffle of the deck, lest we fall into decay and end up like one of those websites you visit that hasn’t had a post in years, leaving just a skeletal remnant of something once cherished.

One of the problems as already discussed is the fact we follow a car that by its very nature is a minority, this means we have fewer owner-members than, say, 16valver or Cliosport. It’s why for example we extended our offer of the group buy for solid top mounts to 16valver as well, to get the numbers.

This, however, should not be an excuse to not do things as a club.

Anyone who has read Performance French Car mag last month may have read the A110 Alpine club meet where they had a really cool club event through France. I bet your arse A110’s are even fewer in number than the Willy! If Zollo were still about he could easily muster Performance French Car mag to do a feature on our club, I am sure if it meant 5 minutes of fame for members cars, organising a decent event during summer, we would have a really good turnout and a lot of laughs and stories to tell our kids when we are old and grey.

I think in reality this is a bad time of year for events. S*it weather, Xmas expenses, high fuel costs, cars in hibernation etc. So let’s plan ahead. Make an event; get people to put money in to commit to a fun few days out. Plan a route, rolling road, an informal road rally...the options are many, not just the usual FCS etc.

The problem for some of the members who have been here for ages is that life moves on. There’s only so many times you can explain to a newbie on how to clean and ISCV before it gets boring, there’s only so many times you try and organise something only for it to fail or be met with blank stares and zero thanks before you give up. I can understand why admin/founders/area reps lose their enthusiasm.

If you are one of these people you have to ask yourself not what’s best for you, but what’s best for Williams Clio club. I’m sure you don’t want to see what you’ve worked hard to create slowly fall apart because you can’t let it go. For those of you in this boat think hard about your position, but I urge you to do the right thing, step aside or step up.

2 live
15-12-2009, 08:45
:goodposting:

that about sums it up tbh. perfectly.

i , as well as some other mods have organised , or tried to, trips through france, belgium, taking in spa, down to the ring, also taking in the stelvio pass and back up to france.......to be met with..........only me and said mod being arsed about doing it.

many many hours have been spent going over routes for local meets etc, to be met with 3 ppl turn up.

no backing off the admin

no promotion off the admin

nothing.

then you ask yourself............why the fuk do i bother?

as is probably the case with jamie and the amount of meets hes arranged or tried to.

la gave us a kick up the arse for fcs, and without her and a few members it wouldnt have happened.....where was the admin/site owners back up??......errrrrr il turn up if u organise it.

this is the kind of attitude for me that will destroy the club. the club someone else put all the effort into building up and making it the club it was....thanks fatboy..mucho respect. only for it to be dragged down by someone who cant be arsed/hasnt got the time to take the club by the scruff of the neck and push it forward.

my opinion, as well as a few others it would seem.

FlamingMonkey
15-12-2009, 10:17
I think what you have to ask yourself really is, if Jamie etc have all organised meets and put so much effort into it and STILL nobody comes, what more could anyone else possibly do, its the members that that make meets not the admin staff in my opinion, although more could be done about this forum as its shite!!

Tommo
15-12-2009, 11:23
The FCS this year is an example of what can be achieved when everyone makes the effort to turn up, one of the best days out I've had in a long time tbh, and to get a mention (plus a couple of photos) in PFC made it even more special. As 2live said that was thanks to LA for giving us all a kick up the arse!

Clio-Girl
15-12-2009, 11:35
i started on here in 2006 when i had my black valver, but if im being completely honest i felt a tad out of place having a valver not a williams, sounds silly but almost felt frowned upon. Which is why i use clio16valver as my 'home' it just seemed much more friendly over there and i was welcomed with open arms!!

get this site back to its former glory and welcome us lesser models :wink: and i dont see why we over on clio16valver cant get more involved with you lot, if you want us to? we both appreciate the MK1 clio at the end of the day and with less and less on the road we need to join forces to show these dirty MK2 owners whos boss!

get some meets going down the south west, wales or midlands way and you can count me in thats for sure and there would be a fair few more that would join in.

just being honest

Carole Anne
15-12-2009, 12:06
Great posts here lots of valid points come on guys lets all make more effort. On the whole everyone on here gets on really well which is a rarity for a website. :pompom:

GROUP HUG

:hug:

Carole Anne
15-12-2009, 12:09
Oh and absolutely PMSL at votes for 2live!

Hmmm bet you wish you hadn't said owt now LOL

richy
15-12-2009, 12:15
i agree the forum/website needs looking at and hopefully soon we will have a new forum, leighanne/jamie/jon and me have been pushing for a new one or this one updating/fixing for along time, to the point leighanne/jamie and me said we would pay for it all to be done!

as for solely blaming admin for the lack of meets is rediculous tbh, the amount of meets that have been organised and members dont turn up, what can you do about that!

for example FCS was a great turnout and all very last minute, at fcs we agreed to meet up again soon and jamie planned the donington trackday which you didnt even have to go on track, just turn up for the banter and loads said they would go, ok it couldnt happen there due to issues with donington digging the track up, but we said about going cadwell RS trackday on the same basis and again plenty said they would go but look at the final turn out! northy/gaz/leighanne/me and foxy/whitely went!

its been the same for along time, a meet is organised and no on shows any real intrest, just usual who say they will go but never do

northy
15-12-2009, 14:35

i , as well as some other mods have organised , or tried to, trips through france, belgium, taking in spa, down to the ring, also taking in the stelvio pass and back up to france.......to be met with..........only me and said mod being arsed about doing it.

many many hours have been spent going over routes for local meets etc, to be met with 3 ppl turn up.

Who commited to go and who dropped out?

How many people said they were going and dropped out.

no backing off the admin

nothing.

then you ask yourself............why the f*k do i bother?

Join the club as the rest of us who have tried. Not just for one meet – BUT FOR YEARS AND CONTINUE TO DO SO.

la gave us a kick up the arse for fcs, and without her and a few members it wouldnt have happened.....where was the admin/site owners back up??......errrrrr il turn up if u organise it.

look 2live – im not sure if its just a problem with me on this site all of a sudden or your account has been hacked by Stromba – but I see it differently.

I don’t normally comment on messages like this but for once I will.

Firstly i am not soley to blaim for the quietness of WC. Or for ruining it in anyway. It is everyones site, owned and run by Williamsclio, and everyones responsablity to police it.

Here goes = FCS 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 don’t count as organising meets ???? 2006 took me nearly a year to organise. The track time the stand, names on all the cars, fek – which other stand had a TV presentation of Clio’s racing, rolling road data from our shoot outs and members car spec’s. Thanks for your help with the marquees. I do appreciate the help I get.

FCS 2007 – we had a track time again and a great turn out 30+ cars – did you go ? Not a problem.
The hill power rolling road shoot outs – Did you come ?
The 1st ever WC club track day SOELY for us – did you come?
The xmas meets when you said u would come and then not do. It happens 2live.

Never mind all the meets and events I did as a cliosport rep. I’m sure you remember how much all them used to cost us.

The numbers tailed off and we struggled to get 5 cars to a track day when good numbers said they would go. So the passion died along with the members. It happens.

Come on mate – get a new record.

this is the kind of attitude for me that will destroy the club. The club someone else put all the effort into building up and making it the club it was....thanks fatboy..mucho respect. only for it to be dragged down by someone who cant be arsed/hasnt got the time to take the club by the scruff of the neck and push it forward.

:roll:

Haha Come on. Why you taking offence to me all of a sudden?

No offence to fatboy but let me remind you quickly of things that I’ve done that the newer members may not know.

Club stickers – old and new club, WC logo, WC forum layout, Keyrings, Elf stickers, Oil stickers, Powerflex bushes, dogbones who do u think did all them. The new forum etc – whos been buying software and getting webpages designed. All the meets and show we have done to date ???? When the forum goes down and we have to threaten the provider with court action. Who had to learn php coding and web scripts?
Yer northy has no passion and is ruining the site.

Im doubtful anyone has worked as hard as me with this site. Sorry your comments above are comical.

I am embarrassed that certain members are talking like this about THEIR OWNERS CLUB.

Im looking forward to moving the club forward in 2010 – The book of WC 2009 has ended!

Carole Anne
15-12-2009, 15:17
Can you 2 kiss and make up now please :cry:

northy
15-12-2009, 16:37
i didnt know / and havent fallen out with anyone CA. I am just replying to a post aimed towards me.

Carole Anne
15-12-2009, 17:05
Only jesting hun - know everyone is old enough not to fall out, just think a meet up and group hug is in order tis all :D

16v_paddy
15-12-2009, 17:18
good job it's not CS, it would be a group bum

:rofl1:

col
15-12-2009, 18:48
I have to say as the OLDEST member,there is some trepidation when you join a club as to how you will be recieved.

Like at the FCS im sure some of you may have thought ,"its like havin your dad there",.....but i have to say on the whole your welcome was upfront and without any distain,even if many of you are a bit clicky.

But that is understandable, many of you are like old friends to one another,so it seems to us lesser members,that we are looking in on a private party.

Northy as a founder member you didnt seem to go out of your way to introduce yourself,and i only found out who you were when i asked wobba

Dont take it too personal ,I know there was a lot going on.....but was a small detail.

As to the rest of you ..."Your completley Mad".......which is fine :lol:

Tommo
15-12-2009, 19:13
I thought Rod was the oldest member??

MatrixGuy
15-12-2009, 19:15
A great site, shame all areas don't work. lol.

Justin..
15-12-2009, 19:17
You need to be a paid member to access all areas...

white16valver
15-12-2009, 20:01
I think this place is great as there's an unrivalled technical knowledge base and experienced members in doing the work themselves :)

I agree that it would be nice to do things but, for me, I simply can't afford it. I actually have to work out how far I'm travelling if I'm going anywhere so I can work out how little petrol I can get away with putting in, I'm that skint :( so going to a meet and then spunking a whole tank of petrol on driving about would be a major commitment for me!

I know others have a bit more cash to spend though so it's a shame that meets can't be organised more regularly. Perhaps we should have an annual event? Like the RSOC event? That way people could plan for it and put money away for it.

Get a track somewhere, get some camping overnight, get some freebies to entice people to come if they're wavering... Easy to say, difficult to do, though, I admit that.

I hope this place doesn't die but with such a limited number of cars left, there's only ever going to be a limited number of members. Valvers are still welcome here from what I can tell ;) (and if they're not then tough, I'm not leaving :P lol) so we can have more members that way, and perhaps we will need to work with C16V to organise some bigger get-togethers?

2 live
15-12-2009, 20:22
northy this isnt a get at you thread.....far from it. for the first couple years you did a fantastic job, and i dont think anyoine is denying that, but for the last couple or 3 you havent bothered as much.

but your decision making for the club mods etc and members of authority on the site seem to very friend biased.

i mean.......events organiser.....when was the last time they turned up to a none trackday meet let alone organise 1??

its left to the members to sort themselves.

when was the last time the official club photographer turned up to a meet let alone take a pic of a williams??

things like this hold the club back.

you as site owner have to be held accountable for this, as you are the one that put them in the position they are in and gave them the titles they have.........for which they do nothing.

yes......we all get pissed off at organising a meet and hardly anyone showing. the last meet i organised , 2 people turned up, me and my son.....didnt stop me attending that or later meets, and getting involved in organising more meets, helping with the events etc. and showing up in a WILLIAMS

yes i took the piss for a while, turning up to meets in the van etc, that was a failed attempt at putting a point across, it kinda fell on deaf ears. hmmmmmm lets have a williams clio meet and all turn up in tow cars, 182s when you have a perfectly good road legal williams at home......whats the point?

u were a butt of the jokes for quite a while turning up in the skoda when the willy was sat at home.......still it fell on deaf ears.

the time has come for change......if iv offended you i apologise, but i think iv had to be harsh to get a reply and to start the ball rolling which will hopefully spur you on to actually get something done and get the club to move forward.

2 live
15-12-2009, 20:25
4 fukkin times iv wrote that out.....debug error.....this forum is shite. it needs sorting ;)

2 live
15-12-2009, 20:31

Who commited to go and who dropped out?

How many people said they were going and dropped out.

no backing off the admin

nothing.

then you ask yourself............why the f*k do i bother?

Join the club as the rest of us who have tried. Not just for one meet – BUT FOR YEARS AND CONTINUE TO DO SO.

look 2live – im not sure if its just a problem with me on this site all of a sudden or your account has been hacked by Robert Barrington – but I see it differently.

I don’t normally comment on messages like this but for once I will.

Firstly i am not soley to blaim for the quietness of WC. Or for ruining it in anyway. It is everyones site, owned and run by Williamsclio, and everyones responsablity to police it.

Here goes = FCS 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 don’t count as organising meets ???? 2006 took me nearly a year to organise. The track time the stand, names on all the cars, fek – which other stand had a TV presentation of Clio’s racing, rolling road data from our shoot outs and members car spec’s. Thanks for your help with the marquees. I do appreciate the help I get.

FCS 2007 – we had a track time again and a great turn out 30+ cars – did you go ? Not a problem.
The hill power rolling road shoot outs – Did you come ?
The 1st ever WC club track day SOELY for us – did you come?
The xmas meets when you said u would come and then not do. It happens 2live.

Never mind all the meets and events I did as a cliosport rep. I’m sure you remember how much all them used to cost us.

The numbers tailed off and we struggled to get 5 cars to a track day when good numbers said they would go. So the passion died along with the members. It happens.

Come on mate – get a new record.

this is the kind of attitude for me that will destroy the club. The club someone else put all the effort into building up and making it the club it was....thanks fatboy..mucho respect. only for it to be dragged down by someone who cant be arsed/hasnt got the time to take the club by the scruff of the neck and push it forward.

:roll:

Haha Come on. Why you taking offence to me all of a sudden?

No offence to fatboy but let me remind you quickly of things that I’ve done that the newer members may not know.

Club stickers – old and new club, WC logo, WC forum layout, Keyrings, Elf stickers, Oil stickers, Powerflex bushes, dogbones who do u think did all them. The new forum etc – whos been buying software and getting webpages designed. All the meets and show we have done to date ???? When the forum goes down and we have to threaten the provider with court action. Who had to learn php coding and web scripts?
Yer northy has no passion and is ruining the site.

Im doubtful anyone has worked as hard as me with this site. Sorry your comments above are comical.

I am embarrassed that certain members are talking like this about THEIR OWNERS CLUB.

Im looking forward to moving the club forward in 2010 – The book of WC 2009 has ended!

if you feel that way mate...then maybe its time to step down and let someone else have the hassle you obviously dont need or want. and hopefully bring the club back round to how it was. fcs this year was a non event to you, la and a few other members, not mods/admin.....made the event what it was.

MatBrown
15-12-2009, 20:54
LA is a Mod?

Mat.

2 live
15-12-2009, 20:55
u know what i mean mate lol.....events organiser wasnt even there.....or offered any help in organising....

MatBrown
15-12-2009, 21:00
yes i took the piss for a while, turning up to meets in the van etc, that was a failed attempt at putting a point across, it kinda fell on deaf ears. hmmmmmm lets have a williams clio meet and all turn up in tow cars, 182s when you have a perfectly good road legal williams at home......whats the point?

u were a butt of the jokes for quite a while turning up in the skoda when the willy was sat at home.......still it fell on deaf ears.

I've not got a clio on the road at the mo so if i come to any meets it will be in a vectra/disco/tigra at the mo.

Mat.

richy
15-12-2009, 21:01

I've not got a clio on the road at the mo so if i come to any meets it will be in a vectra/disco/tigra at the mo.

Mat.

lol you gotta turn up in the tigra, that would be hysterical lol

2 live
15-12-2009, 21:04

Mat.

that would be excusable.

northy
15-12-2009, 21:21
Look - FCS 2009 was organised by Leighanne - yes. And i thank her for doing so. Shame no one else could of helped me do it for the other years. I wasnt going to go to FCS again, as FCS for me isnt want i want any more. But actually i had a good time and i will go again next year - just to see the MEMBERS.

The reason i was fed up was because in 2008 i had 7 cars on the stand. No FATBOY, No 2LIVE etc etc etc that would say they would go. 2007 i put so much work in and got messed around so much. I got fed up, but the site never suffered. Ive said all this further up the forum 2live.

Gaz did the tracktime for the FCS in 2006 and by the end of it was so disheartened by the full thing he wasnt prepaired to do it or any meet any more. He did a great job and got so messed around by members i was embarrased.

Last event mratego did was croft in 2008 from memory. Leighanne and richy took pictures of our last trackday as they were there. Trying to organise that was a joke.

I know the site is out of date but for the last X number of years no one has complained too much about ranks & admin whos a mods etc etc. Ive added and removed people as i see fit. Its a self run website 2live. I do this in my OWN TIME. For FREE.

Yes people who are admin / mods are my friends as i can trust them with the site. So what. Im not going to take on people i know nothing about and will struggle. Saying people do not come on, or do not help the site no more is rubbish. I can see what they have done all have loggin in very recently. (and maynot post)

Look i take on your points and the new forum will get done. Lets stop this name calling that seams to have started. And all have a happy christmas.

MatBrown
15-12-2009, 21:58

Mat.

The Mrs would have to come, it's her car.

Mat.

LEIGH-ANNE
I really have no idea as to what to say to any of this. Although as some of you have been checking to see who is online you have prob worked out ive seen this thread.

For a start...the 'missing' threads, arent missing they were in HQ for the others to decide what to happen to them. I was the only one online at the time and didnt no what to do tbh.

FCS in the past years sounds like it has been a major battle trying to sort out. This year was sort of last minute yes. But was worth it. I felt this gave the club a real good kick...not ME....but the feeling you get when you see all those old faces again. Or meet that stranger you banter with on a day to day basis. This is what keeps a club running, ive seen a lot of peoples enthusiasum go down the drain recently with people having to sell for whatever reason or unfortunatly people crashing.... This shit happens. Being an 'older' majority club too, most do have kids...i do as people will no. And for the same hours each day i wont be online...simple. The same with other people too. Kids cost money and kids obviously come first. This will ultimatly also have an effect over the club which is beyond no ones control.

Tbh id rather stay out of all of this. 1 as im an easy target i suppose. I no what work goes on behind the scenes and what me and the other mods have to put up with on a day to day basis...

I comprehend with what the majority is saying....the site is out of date and not a lot of meets happen but then...us mods including northy agrees with that, we aint disagreeing!.... The members need to pull their weight too and actually turn up if they say they are.

The new site is almost ready. But there are still some bits that need ironing out...things take time (alright maybe too long) but we too are moaning about it to.

MatBrown
Bah humbug.

Mat.

*Edit - this was meant for Northy, not you LA.*

Hmmmm very lucky Mat :wink:

schakal
15-12-2009, 22:55

Mat.

that would be quite ghey actually , DO IT !!

also not sure if calling you a hair dresser or the fact that
you actually have not got any fokken hair is funnier :roll:

Schak. :D

LEIGH-ANNE
15-12-2009, 23:00
hahahahaha

Leighanne. ( :wink: )

MatBrown
15-12-2009, 23:06
:(

Mat.

col
15-12-2009, 23:07
:lol: :lol: ......Ill drink to that...........must go polish me barnet!

2 live
16-12-2009, 00:02
Look - FCS 2009 was organised by Leighanne - yes. And i thank her for doing so. Shame no one else could of helped me do it for the other years. I wasnt going to go to FCS again, as FCS for me isnt want i want any more. But actually i had a good time and i will go again next year - just to see the MEMBERS.

il see you there then

The reason i was fed up was because in 2008 i had 7 cars on the stand. No FATBOY, No 2LIVE etc etc etc that would say they would go. 2007 i put so much work in and got messed around so much. I got fed up, but the site never suffered. Ive said all this further up the forum 2live.

yes i wasnt there, the only 1 iv missed i believe. and was for family reasons

Gaz did the tracktime for the FCS in 2006 and by the end of it was so disheartened by the full thing he wasnt prepaired to do it or any meet any more. He did a great job and got so messed around by members i was embarrased.

so why is he still events organiser ????

Last event mratego did was croft in 2008 from memory. Leighanne and richy took pictures of our last trackday as they were there. Trying to organise that was a joke.

during the week when people are working??

I know the site is out of date but for the last X number of years no one has complained too much about ranks & admin whos a mods etc etc. Ive added and removed people as i see fit. Its a self run website 2live. I do this in my OWN TIME. For FREE.

and we thank u for that

Yes people who are admin / mods are my friends as i can trust them with the site. So what. Im not going to take on people i know nothing about and will struggle. Saying people do not come on, or do not help the site no more is rubbish. I can see what they have done all have loggin in very recently. (and maynot post)

liek iv said before, for the last few months iv been coming on here not logged in, and seen none of them, moreso now after these threads....funny huh?

Look i take on your points and the new forum will get done. Lets stop this name calling that seams to have started. And all have a happy christmas.

whos calling anyone names??? just making observations, and judging by the poll results its not just me who thinks the admin needs a shake up. the club should be there to keep the members happy, or theyl walk....simples.

Carole Anne
16-12-2009, 00:28

I love your tash :D

LEIGH-ANNE
16-12-2009, 00:40
Your saying the admin team needs a shake up... You might as well say who u want rid of...whilst your on a roll ah? :lol:

16v_paddy
16-12-2009, 00:45

I love your tash :D

http://www.mannythemovieguy.com/images/tom_selleck_magnum_pi.jpg :affro:

2 live
16-12-2009, 01:23
Your saying the admin team needs a shake up... You might as well say who u want rid of...whilst your on a roll ah? :lol:

well the non-performing admin would be a start.

as above really, meets/events organisers that dont organise meets or events....really useful huh?

etc etc

2 live
16-12-2009, 01:35

hmmm for that a) id have had to have added that into my original poll, b) would have to WANT to be, and c) really piss schaks off

will be worth doing just for c) tbh ;) lol

VIPERONE
16-12-2009, 03:59
i often wondered what the subscription fee paid for... i think the majority of it went on Northys mods

:twisted:

I have placed my vote with 2 live as the New site Admin.

I have not really been on this site for 2-3 years, but it hasnt changed one bit. I go on other forums and they have evolved in to interactive flash websites.

The few meets i attended were of a hardcore element of men. Martin, 2live, Flaming Monkey to name a few.

Oust the admin campain 2009 led by Jon "Arthur Scargill" 2live

northy
16-12-2009, 09:19
gunner how quickly you forget mate. :roll:

So your saying that YOU have nver been on a xmas north west run organised by me?

Get your facts right.

2live - Gaz's title and anyone else on this club is irrelevant. We all do our part and all SHOULD offer to help organise shows and events.

Gaz still helps with events, just like leighanne does.

2 live
fuk me..........alrite stranger....hows the salon?

schakal

hmmm for that a) id have had to have added that into my original poll, b) would have to WANT to be, and c) really piss schaks off

will be worth doing just for c) tbh ;) lol

u r way too soft for me !!

also see where all those votes are coming from :wink:
rats boarding the ship ?

2 live
16-12-2009, 09:21
the yes votes.......i agree. disgraceful

Tommo
16-12-2009, 10:53
What's with all the hostility towards northy all of a sudden??

2 live
16-12-2009, 11:14
end of the day mate, as site owner.........the book stops with him.

he alone is the one to implement any changes.

its not hostility, the same things have been said for many years with no improvements thus far. hopefully he will pull his finger out and get something done soon.

me voicing mine, and it seems many others opinions. is a little harsh i know, but sometimes you have to be to get a point accross.

schakal
16-12-2009, 11:45
a barking dog never bites , FACT !!

schakal
16-12-2009, 12:14
a barking dog never bites , FACT !!

... you've clearly never owned a dog then lol

are we talking 4 or 2 legged ones now ?

jon are you finding it hard to choose between wc and
your boyfriend ?

Taylor
16-12-2009, 12:37
schakal, why so hostile against change?

change is good

Carole Anne
16-12-2009, 12:42
Stop it now Shacks its getting silly now.

People are just voicing opinions some people just don't mince words while others are more diplomatic.

I think all this has drummed up interest and will hopefully bring us all together to try and make this a better place.

So can we all pull together now please.

Taylor
16-12-2009, 12:46
1.....2.....3 group hug :oops:

schakal
16-12-2009, 13:27
schakal, why so hostile against change?

change is good

change of website features , YES WE CAN !!
some kid trying to make popularity out of it , NO YOU CNUT !!!

simpless ehh :P

schakal
16-12-2009, 15:07
fascinated indeed , how would you not seeing the amount of
fuss a bunch of you make on here over an edit button and a few poxy meets where as the genuine reason appears to be a totaly different agenda !!

where were you ,when his abrasive comments were directed at northy ?

you see jon , the difference between me and you is that i report
to no one !! that does make me quite unpopular at times DAMM IT :)
you clearly report to 2 live by the sounds of things .

talking about contributing , how do you know i have not helped any
members out on here ?? i would not go around advertising it like you are doing though , i have been brought up with values .

schakal
16-12-2009, 16:51
thats irrelevant , you got an edit button you can use !!

so you have spoken to 2 live and he still came on here asking northy
to step down ?? what exactly did you tell him mate ?
if 2 live had the balls to speak to northy on the phone we would not
be replying to this thread tbh .

please tell me how i am fuelling fire and taking advantage of the situation?
first of all i dont want to be an admin or a mod or take over the website all together .i am happy as a REGULAR ,CONTRIBUTING member and i am looking after my website .

also you are a member of the admin team ,why did not you do anything
if you knew this website was not up to date or not managed correctly ??
why come up with a thread all of a sudden ?

personal dig at you ? is this about "your boyfriend" comment ? if it is
i was trying to highlight the level of closeness between you and 2 live .
i was not far off obviously .
i am sorry if that made you feel uneasy .

also please show us where i made dig at L.A on this thread??
are you trying to add fuel to the fire ??

personally i cant think of you or 2 live as a part of management
team forget about taking this site over . you have not got the skills
to start with . northy on the other hand has been a pretty mature
and a logical person to deal with , in my experience so far .

with no offence to either you or 2 live , you have no
communication skills , a huge appetite for attention and lastly
no respect . MY OPINION !!

Carole Anne
16-12-2009, 16:59
Please lock this thread now it is ridiculous.