PDA

View Full Version : dodgey temperature gauge!!!

Mattie
19-07-2005, 14:49
was drivin 2 work 2day and a mad man came round the corner n nearly knocked me in2 another car! :shock: luckily i just knocked my wingmirror off....only thing is though some of the wires have came out the mirror (it didnt work b4 i knocked it off btw) but now as well as the mirror not workin the temperature gauge in the dash next 2 the speedometer constantly reads - 30 degrees :? AND it keeps flashin at me :x

any ideas on whats gone wrong or how i cane fix it? could it just be the fact that some of the wires coming loose from the mirror have effectd the wires that controll the temp gauge?

David
19-07-2005, 14:53
certainly sounds that way take dash of tonight only takes a couple of mins 5 screws and just have a check to see if any have come loose etc

Cant think of any other reason why it would just stop working probaly unles the sensor has gone but i t would be very odd espically as it happens the same time that some one twated in to you

Mattie
19-07-2005, 14:57
ye ill take the dash off when i fit my new mirror which should be here in the next couple of days :D luks like the only fing i can do....

ye i noticed it about 2 minutes after i knockd my mirror off so id say its sumat 2 do wiv the wirin....

where do the wires run from and which part off the dash do they run under? just in case i need 2 take the whole thing off :?

David
19-07-2005, 15:03
cant remember of the top my head just remember that there is shit loads behind there from when i stripped my rolled willy just have a fiddle see if you can see any dodgy ones

Shaw somebody on hear knows and will add photos if nessacery

Martin
19-07-2005, 15:06
The temp sensor is located in your now ex door mirror.

Swervin_Mervin
19-07-2005, 15:14
What Martin said.

My disply is not currently lit, since I couldn't be arsed taking the dash top off again.

Mattie
19-07-2005, 15:34
ooo rite...is it that little black tip pointing 2wards the floor on the underside of the mirror?

1fast6
19-07-2005, 16:05
ooo rite...is it that little black tip pointing 2wards the floor on the underside of the mirror?

Yep!

Mattie
19-07-2005, 16:21
always wondered what that was! :oops: lol

thanks people! :)

katbloke
19-07-2005, 17:02
I have the same prob, need another mirror, will any phase 2 mirror work obviously providing its an electric one?