PDA

View Full Version : Andy@K-tec

Clio-Girl
09-12-2009, 14:26
Well as some of you know the naples has had major problems recently regarding mapping, wiring and just generally being pretty sh*t. After letting Coops and Dan drive her at pod the harsh reality of how bad the car was really set in, as i had been driving around the problem areas and just accepting it as the norm.

I know Andy is a little legend with these cars and ITB's so it was foolish to not go to him to make her all better. After driving Dans spider engined RSI with the same set up i used to run (which was appauling and undriveable i was sold completely) so after a few conversations and awaiting the dyno to be installed at K-tec the naples lay in wait for yet more surgery, this time a new engine loom, Omex ECU and a re-map.

so on the 30th nov we loaded her up on the trailer and made the journey down to Dorset i was absolutely terrified of leaving her with anyone again after all the bad experiences ive already had, but was reassured she was in very good hands. Andy was brilliant kept me updated of the progress pretty much daily sending me pics of the ongoing work and obviously all the problems that they were coming across (Angelworks and Mark major ****ups) but i had no need to fear all was going to be ok as in normal naples style it was a bigger job than first thought!

Time moved incredibly slowly for a week until she was ready for collection yesterday. when i got to K-tec my little car was waiting out the front, Andy came out and explained to me and showed me what he had done and even wrote me a 'to do list' of other problems he had found. I had a quick chat and paid my bill then took her out on the test drive and all i can say is.....

OH MY GOD

for anyone that knows the naples you can all fully appreciate what a pig of a car she was to drive and live with, but not anymore the car is absolutley perfect, she starts on the key, idles, pulls off and is insanely smooth and fast she has never been like this its always been a constant battle to do anything with her and the fuel consumption was awful.

I just want to say a HUGE thank you to Andy for such an amazing job that hes done i would reccomend him all day long and no one else apart from him will now do anything with the car, i really didnt think it was possible and the naples is now how she should of always been, i couldnt ask for her to be any better.

So guys if you need any tuning/mapping work done get your asses to K-tec the service you get is FAB

Clio-Girl
09-12-2009, 16:00
i know i know i was waiting for that lol

Wobba
09-12-2009, 16:12
Good post.

Sounds like the car has been transformed :D

I briefly spoke to Andy about their ITB kit for the Mk1. I may do so again in the near future. I'm not that far away from them either, which is damn handy :)

So what other jobs have you got to do then?

Clio-Girl
09-12-2009, 16:28
Good post.

Sounds like the car has been transformed :D

I briefly spoke to Andy about their ITB kit for the Mk1. I may do so again in the near future. I'm not that far away from them either, which is damn handy :)

So what other jobs have you got to do then?

just a few bits like changing the brake servo pipe, my gauges need wiring in and just a few general bits like tightening belts and moving a few things.

i will also be having the engine subframe mounted at some point but that takes sweet talking sidewaysdanny A LOT lol

but performance related IM DONE

Tommo
09-12-2009, 16:29
ITB's are something I'm considering maybe next year if I have the funds and decide to keep the Williams, in fact I'd like to give the whole car an overhaul, engine, suspension, brakes etc. been running the current set up for years now so maybe a change is needed, sounds like andy is the man... :D

northy
09-12-2009, 16:29
shame that so many people didnt listen to our advice on here and still went to angelworks....still the list grows.

16v_paddy
09-12-2009, 17:45
Clio-girls experience was sadly a LOT more expensive than mine, however to make her feel better she should console herself with the 4AGE forum mod/owner who's car had to be written off :(

:shock: he got his grubby mits on a twinner?!?! :cry:

richy
09-12-2009, 19:12
glad its sorted now, been a long drawn out pain so far for you!

tbh im reluctant to let anyone work on my car no matter how good they maybe!! that and im tight lol :lol:

Clio-Girl
09-12-2009, 19:43
i can assure you that this AWT engine is far from rubbish and is now pretty bloody amazing after Andy got his mitts on it lol

sideways danny
09-12-2009, 21:15
i can assure you that this AWT engine is far from rubbish and is now pretty bloody amazing after Andy got his mitts on it lol

yeah, once the leaks were sorted it's not bad! Goes like a scolded rat now. Let down by the amatuerish mapping work previously let loose on it.

Clio-Girl
10-12-2009, 15:21
same here ONLY Andy and Dan will get anywhere near it, id rather have it off the road and wait for them than get it messed up again.

Coops
10-12-2009, 15:59
i'd like to apply for official test pilot :P

2 live
26-12-2009, 13:28
only just seen this lol.

glad your finally happy with it ronee. its about time.

thing is with a lot of tuners, ppl wont come forward with probs theyv had because they fear the work they are still waiting for to get sorted wont get done etc. personally, if its not right it shouldnt leave the workshop. in my opinion anyway. if its not 100% right......its not finished.

that goes for all aforementioned tuners too.

we all have our preferences in where/who works on our cars.....which is why i do my own. apart from the mapping, which goes to wayne/chip wizards

Tommo
29-12-2009, 16:57
The trouble is if you're not very handy with the spanners you have no choice but to take it to a garage to get work done. Bar simple maintenance there isn't a lot I can do if anything major goes wrong, I just don't have the mech knowledge, tools or space to do the work myself. Luckily I have a very reliable local garage who do all the work/servicing/mot's to my car (and all the cars I have owned) and they always do a very thorough job, never had to challenge them over any work. For tuning stuff I'd always use somebody with a good reputation off here ie Nick Hill, APD etc. wish I could do all the work myself though, I would have saved a packets over the years

col
29-12-2009, 22:42
I popped into Andys place a few years back for parts etc, nice guy..........did you notice the paint shop next door (if its still there) really handy, forget name but they are well known. :wink:

Tanks
30-12-2009, 21:21
Good to hear Ronnie. look forward to seeing her in the new year