PDA

View Full Version : Car Stalling When clutched

raviedavie
09-12-2009, 12:21
Hi all , first off merry crimbo :D

right the other day i was driving and approached some lights and as i put the clutch to the floor the car stalled. never done it before so i just assumed as it hadnt been driven in about a week it just needed a good blast to sort things out but sadly its now doing it every time its driven , the revs drop to about 200-300 then very slowly rise to about 700 or it just stalls.

After doing a bit of searching on here i read about the ICV so had that off and cleaned it all out but it hasnt made any difference at all.
Any thoughts ???

Also ive noticed my dash lights randomly decide to go off and then come back on again also my heater lights are off permanately despite all new bulbs a month ago .......... :roll:

Coops
09-12-2009, 12:25
sounds like you may have a few earthing issues, check and clean up all the main engine earthing points and battery connections and coat all of them in grease

white16valver
09-12-2009, 12:41
lol @ the heater lights - I have exactly the same, and the clock!

Couldn't get them to work last week when the dash was apart for the heater matrix so I assume I have wiring issues somewhere... :roll: :lol:

raviedavie
09-12-2009, 12:42
the annoying thing is all bulbs were replaced on everything and it worked perfectly for about a month , then no heater lights and now a strobing dashboard :lol:

raviedavie
09-12-2009, 13:08
Also thought id add that the stalling issue happens when its warmed up and from cold start ....

flash
09-12-2009, 18:26
the annoying thing is all bulbs were replaced on everything and it worked perfectly for about a month , then no heater lights and now a strobing dashboard :lol:

could be a dodgy rearstat

as for the stalling when clutch is pressed in..
does it tend to judder every now and then when your driving down.. say the motorway ??
if so. check your crank sensor

MatrixGuy
09-12-2009, 19:15
This was happening to me the other week, it's stopped for now.

snowman
09-12-2009, 20:56
Do you dump the clutch from quite high revs i.e 2 - 2.5k?

Mine did this for a while from cold starts and until it stopped the only way i got around it was to only clutch down under 1.5k revs then it wouldnt stall,doesnt do it now though.

snowman
09-12-2009, 21:01
The above was only when coming to a junction/lights etc and then dumping clutch before stopping,it wouldnt stall mid shift on the go