PDA

View Full Version : Williams query

Jaymzfc
24-11-2009, 13:21
Hi People,
Been a while, and now i finally have the readies to pop over to the UK to buy a williams and drive it down to Malta.

I need some info from you very knowlegable people please.

Williams is it the best version ? rare to find one for sale?

Williams 2 does this one have a/c abs ???

Williams 3 is this the only model that had sunroof/abs/ac

Anything in particular i should look out for on the various models??

Thanks again

Jaymz

northy
24-11-2009, 13:49
no uk williams has ac unless its been retro fitted.

get what ever williams you like - 3's had sunroofs and abs.

I do prefer the series 1 as they are numbered bar that - just get the one in the best possible condition you can.

What is your budjet ?

Clio_GTT
24-11-2009, 13:51
Hi People,
Been a while, and now i finally have the readies to pop over to the UK to buy a williams and drive it down to Malta.

I need some info from you very knowlegable people please.

Williams is it the best version ? rare to find one for sale?

Williams 2 does this one have a/c abs ???

Williams 3 is this the only model that had sunroof/abs/ac

Anything in particular i should look out for on the various models??

Thanks again

Jaymz

Non of the UK models came with Air Conditioning (AC)

Williams 1 was the model that came with a numbered plaque, Williams 2 and 3 weren't numbered.

They were all produced in similar quantities and are as rare as each other, although the Williams 1 is in greater demand as they were the original ones to be made.

I don't think they came with ABS either, maybe just the Williams 3

Condition should be the main thing to look for, in the UK our roads are wet and salty which aren't good conditions for cars so they can rot.

Jaymzfc
24-11-2009, 13:57
Great reply guys.
Budget anything under 2k depending on how it is, i dont mind doing some bits and bobs. Mechanical is the main issue has to be ok in that department, as it will ahve a long drive down. Might ship it though.

tks again

Jaymz

LEIGH-ANNE
24-11-2009, 13:59
williams 2 dont have abs either

Coops
24-11-2009, 16:03
2 grand is a pretty low budget, i've bought 2 for under that price and both are a bit ratty around the edges, if you want a decent one i'd budet for at least 2500-3000

Jaymzfc
24-11-2009, 16:20
Yeah 2 grand is a bit low but im not looking for a mint one, i do enjoy fiddling around with my car, and besides once it arrives in malta the tax is another 2 grand so thats why i had to set a limit.

tks
jaymz

Coops
24-11-2009, 16:23
:shock: and i thought we got screwed on tax ;-)

Jaymzfc
24-11-2009, 16:36
No its the latest thing, try and screw motorists as much as possible, basically it's so steep because its older than 10 years and has a 2.0 engine . But i thinks its worth the fun im gonna have driving it :) been after one for a very very long time now.

talkingfish
24-11-2009, 17:41
If you look in the "cars for sale" section there is a sticky thread on what to look for when buying a Williams - the faults are pretty much the same for all 3 models...

MatBrown
24-11-2009, 18:47
Great reply guys.
Budget anything under 2k depending on how it is, i dont mind doing some bits and bobs. Mechanical is the main issue has to be ok in that department, as it will ahve a long drive down. Might ship it though.

tks again

Jaymz

I might have just the car for you.

Mat.

col
24-11-2009, 20:37
KERCHING£££££££!! well done Mat :lol:

Jaymzfc
24-11-2009, 20:38
hi matt i sent you a message, pls let me know.

I'll be in the uk on the 7th dec so that would be great.

tkd again

jaymz

MatBrown
24-11-2009, 20:59
Ah, it probably won't be ready by then.

Mat.

Jaymzfc
24-11-2009, 21:36
No worrries matt can u send me a pm with the info pls tks